Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stolen from Maidstone area

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Ladies & Gents,
A Bit of a longshot l know, But if Anyone knows of or is offered a German Shepherd puppy for silly money. Could you please get in touch, the puppy is 12 week oldblack and tan although this young will be predominatly black. With small dogs being stolen on a regular basis for use as bait dogs we can only hope this is a couple of kids trying to earn some cash. Under 500 quid with no papers is cheap for a Shepherd puppy so if anyone does hear anything please let me know.
Thanks
Ray

Comments

• Options
    Has he been chipped?
  • Options
    Not good at all. I will pass on the message to family in the area.
  • Options
    Can't believe it mate, people like that make me so angry!
  • Options
    These are all the details l have, l will have more when l get home. Almost certainly puppy will be chipped and possibly tattooed, but this is not confirmed.
  • Options
    I know someone who has a pub in Sittingbourne will forward the message
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Is it yours mate
  • Options
    Bugger....someones broken hearted right now.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just the got the news she has been found dumped in a holdall on a roundabout, alive and well.
    Also been told that there may have been an attempt to remove a tattoo from her ear, so she would have ended on a puppy farm. : (
    No NLA, she isn't mine, when you look at her picture below, it makes me want another. ; )
    Thanks everyone for giving this a read.
    Ray
    PS She's 9 weeks not 12 ; )

• Options
    that's disgusting, but at least it was found alive and well.
  • Options
    Here's Bailey tipping the scales at 48kg. It would be an interesting competition between him and someone who tried to steal him. : )image
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeahy.....a happy ending.
  • Options
    JT said:

What pub
  • Options
    I hope the owner and dog are re-united ASAP.

My 9 month old Griffon escaped from the kennel last time I was in UK, she was only missing for about 18 hours or so, but it was a terrible time.

Good luck.
  • Options
    At last: Some good news !!
    Hugs to puppy & family.
    Mog xx
  • Options

JT said:

What pub

I reckon its Bunters...
  • Options
    Just reading bbc news a women was asleep on her sofa in Manchester when raiders stormed into her house and stole two bull mastiff puppy's, shocking.
  • Options
    I think you'd be surprised if knew how big it is in this country, small dogs/puppies stolen tied to tree's and used as bait dogs to train fighting dogs. Expensive pedigree dogs stolen and locked in sheds and just farmed to death. Bailey's breeder spoke to me a couple of weeks back and said, she would rather her dogs got run over and killed, the spent their lives as bait dogs or farmed. At least one little guy is home safe tonight.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    Bless his little heart ! That's good news, T.C.E .

Won't tell you what I'd do to "people" involved in this sort of practice....just call me Torquemada .
  • Options
    Glad this had a happy ending - I'm a cat man myself but both dogs in the piccies are gorgeous. Glad to see Bailey's grown into a big strong hound!

As for the puppy farm/bait business - some people need putting down, never mind animals.....
  • Options
    Me dad had his yellow lad pup Penny stolen from his house when he still lived in Charlton a few years back. Never seen again...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you guys have your animals' genitalia mutilated?

Can never quite understand that practice myself.

Love you so much I will mutilate youtype thing - No offence
  • Options
    Personally I wanted to keep Bailey entire no obvious reason, no intention of using him at stud, I prefer to leave that to the experts, (plus Bailey has breeding restrictions) which any good breeder will have in the contract. Yes, a contract for my dog!
    Any breeder not prepared to get you to sign a contract, my advice. Walk away!!!!!
    It's to longer a topic for a disscussion here. Spaying/neutering.... But in males/dogs in lessens the chances of prostate cancer if the dog isn't at stud. Helps eleviate territorial marking. Some believe it improves their behaviour, personally I believe thats B*ll*cks ( no pun intended) train your dog. My dog is trained to jump 6ft A frames, yet I have a 3ft garden wall he just watches the world go by.
    In females/bitches the twice yearly seasons, every latch key dog for fecking miles pi55ing up your front door and the most obvious answer, unwanted pregnancy with bitches. There are enough idiots breeding dogs without me joining in. There are obviously medical reasons why its also done. "Mutilation" is a very strong word, any dog lover will tell you they think long and hard before putting their dog in the hands of a Vet, I had the same Dr for 20 years, but I've changed Bailey's vet 3 times in 29 months because I wasn't happy with them. I hope that goes some way to explaining ; )
  • Options
    Thanks for long answer

I think I probably need to start another thread on this topic someday if I really want to understand the minds of the people that do these things to animals they purport to love

Really appreciate you making a start on it, though
  • Options
    Rather than starting another thread, have a read of this short explaination, its for an American audience but pretty much explains what I was trying to say.
    http://www.ruralareavet.org/PDF/Client_Communication-Spay_Neuter.pdf
  • Options
    Yeah, I've had all my dogs genitalia mutilated.
  • Options
    As for the puppy farm/bait business - some people need putting down, never mind animals.....

This! Proves that we humans have our sub-species as well
  • Options
    There are too many unwanted dogs/cats that have to be put down every year - 'mutilating' them to prevent this is the lesser of two evils and the responsible thing to do IMO. I can't understand people who purport to love animals wanting there to be so many of them that nobody wants that they end up with a death sentence. There, fixed that for you.
  • Options
    Out of interest - does anybody know the punsihments handed out to the scum who steal pets to be bait dogs - when they are caught?
  • Options

There are too many unwanted dogs/cats that have to be put down every year - 'mutilating' them to prevent this is the lesser of two evils and the responsible thing to do IMO. I can't understand people who purport to love animals wanting there to be so many of them that nobody wants that they end up with a death sentence. There, fixed that for you.

Exactly this!

I just couldn't be bothered to type it out last night. Cheers @bigstemarra.

; )
  • Options
    No problem!