Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Llera

Comments

• edited August 2012
    When he plays well he's pretty good (though hardly a world beater)....but when he has a stinker believe you me you'll never forget it......as all those of us at Colchester a few seasons back will testify....an absolute bloody nightmare of the first order.....to this day just the thought of it makes me cringe with embarrassment............. for him as much as anything because he's evidently a very nice fella.
  • Michael Morrison - league 1 team of the year.
  • Personally I hope Miguel Liera is ever-present for you this season

Miguel Llera...Nowhere near
  • Let's see how you feel about him in a couple of months when he's costing you points.

Wasn't good enough for top of League One, there's little doubt in my mind that he'll be found out again in this league.
  • edited August 2012
    Mig came good at Wednesday and fair play to them and him, same as Morro for us. Sometimes a player just doesn't fit the mold at one club and does at another.
  • I know Massive have conceded a few, but that doesn't matter if you are banging them in at the other end.

I work with a Derby fan and he said that Wednesday were superb in the second half on Saturday.

I like Dave Jones, he is a decent manager. I think Wednesday will be up near, if not in the play offs come the end of the season.
  • I will never forget how terrible his performance was against Millwall at the Den when they thrashed us.

Can you imagine what the likes of Leicester will do to him if they attack Wednesday the way they attacked us on Tuesday night?!

Miguel Llera...Nowhere near
    Not just Miguel. The whole Wendy team :D
  • I'm hoping Llera and Wednesday keep their good form going for at least a fortnight.

Sheff Wed V Millwall Sat 25 Aug 15:00

Crystal Palace V Sheff Wed Sat 1 Sep 15:00
  • Sponsored links:

• Couldn't give a rats arse about Llera since he slagged us off. Wouldn't swap any of our three centre backs for that dick
  • I didn't have a problem with big Mig and was happy he was doing well until that interview where he said we were lucky and not that good, 101 lucky points aue, who woulda thought it
  • Glad he's doing well.

Hopefully OperationPig we'll both be up there.
  • Llera was never appreciated by 'the fans' during his time @ CAFC. He's a more than decent player

A bit like Lawrie Madden who became a Wednesday legend.
  • Wouldnt swap him for

Cort
    Mozza
    Taylor

Big mig was a poor poor player for us glad he is enjoying his football with you lot as he apparently was a nice bloke couldn't fault his effort either

All you need now is simon Francis
  • I wouldn't say he was poor- just his lack of pace was too big an issue and unfortunately - it is something he will always have.
  • It is a bit odd how we deride Wendies for their dismissive views on Morrison, who has turned out to be a rock for us, but then do the same thing in reverse. Sometimes a variety of factors determine how someone performs - teamates, manager, confidence etc. Clearly he was ropey for us - some brilliant moments some schoolboy lapses some poor decisions, but fair play to him if he's put the work in and turned it round. With Morro coming the other way, it's a win win.
  • I wouldn't say he was poor- just his lack of pace was too big an issue and unfortunately - it is something he will always have.

Had a very sweet left foot long ball though.....could plant it on a sixpence.

• Had a very sweet left foot long ball though.....could plant it on a sixpence.

it was just a shame he insisted on doing it 20 times each game.
  • It is a bit odd how we deride Wendies for their dismissive views on Morrison, who has turned out to be a rock for us, but then do the same thing in reverse. Sometimes a variety of factors determine how someone performs - teamates, manager, confidence etc. Clearly he was ropey for us - some brilliant moments some schoolboy lapses some poor decisions, but fair play to him if he's put the work in and turned it round. With Morro coming the other way, it's a win win.

agreed, I think on the whole of it, Big Mig was poor for us. Did some good things that were outweighed by the bad. But, he sounds like a decent bloke, appeared to put the effort in and I am happy it seems it has worked out for him. And like you said, they said the same about Morrison so it works. I would rather Morrison so I am not bitter that Llera is playing well.
  • Sponsored links:

• anybody that went to hillsbrough last season will see that 'Big Mig' hasnt changed a bit.

Will always be crap.
  • Yep it was his pace, and more importantly, his acceleration on the turn. Balls pumped into him were fine, but anyone running at him - game over.
  • This thread will come back to haunt you OP ... trust me
  • There's nothing wrong with Llera when he played for us. Thought that he was a real trier and one of the better players in the crop of shite we had. He isn't better than our top 3 CB's mind you.
  • Even though we are both Championship Clubs now- I am pleased Wednesday have had a good start. It feels we are representing League One to a degree and that there is a brotherhood between us - even though they are more massive than us - my ideal would be we occupy the same positions at the end of the season as we did at the end of last.
  • Even though we are both Championship Clubs now- I am pleased Wednesday have had a good start. It feels we are representing League One to a degree and that there is a brotherhood between us - even though they are more massive than us - my ideal would be we occupy the same positions at the end of the season as we did at the end of last.

Well.....................what a gentleman!??!

• I'm pleased they've got off to a good start as it has quietened the boring Wednesday bashing that has been on here for about a year now.
  • The key difference between Morrison and Liera is age. Liera is in the evening of his career, Morrison is still learning the trade. The fact that Megson could think Liera was a better bet than Morrison, when he was clearly dispensable to both Charlton and Franchise, told me a lot about Megson. Unfortunately this may even have told Mandaric the same thing and one of his periodic gambles paid off for a change. If Dave Jones can get decent performances out of Liera in this division, all credit to both him and Mig. But every game Morro will learn and get better, while every game Mig will get slower and slower. Good luck if you're happy with that.
  • edited August 2012
    If there's a better young centre back anywhere in the country than Morrison then I've yet to see him....yes, Premiership included!
    An England player in the making....don't laugh......I honestly think he's that good.
  • Battling at the top? Battling ? Last season wasn't exactly a battle was it !
    More like a walkover really.