Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Song

Learnt it all at the Valley and now on his way to show them how its done at Barca.

Good luck I say.

Comments

• Said to an Arsenal supporting friend of mine 2 or 3 years ago that he'll become one of the best players in the world in time, he laughed at me then....
  • Most expensive transfer involving an ex-Charlton player?
  • Seems a strange one to be honest, they aren't exactly light in the middle.
  • Swerve said that Song would one day play in a Champions League winning side, he may well do that now. Good luck to him.
  • Need a similar player to Busquets/Mascherano. Either one of those will play at centre back most of the season as Puyol can't sustain the punishment of 60 games a year any more.
  • Oh dear, a midfield 3 of Ramsey Arteta and Wilshere then? not that all 3 will ever be fit at the same time!
  • sam3110 said:

Oh dear, a midfield 3 of Ramsey Arteta and Wilshere then? not that all 3 will ever be fit at the same time!

They have quite a lot of midfielders really - Song(if he stays), Wilshere, Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey, Diaby, Cazorla, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and they have been linked with Sahin and M'Vila for most of the summer
  • Thought he was brilliant when he was with us.

For the intelligence he had on the ball and his tackling ability, I was amazed he was only 19.
  • Just think if we would have stayed up we could have got song on for another season or on a perm and scott carson on a perm. Ahh well... at least we're on our way back up!
  • Most expensive transfer involving an ex-Charlton player?

Bent to Villa was more i think
  • Sponsored links:

• Song was a great player for us well done that lad for getting such a great move
  • You're right, Folev, forgot Bent.

Think Arsenal will replace him if he goes, and if (big if) they also get Sahin, their midfield options will be better than last year's - new defensive midfielder and two of Arteta, Sahin, Ramsey, and Wilshire if and when fit.

Then Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski looks strong to me, with Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Gervinho as back up.
  • Fair play to the lad.....he did well for us.
  • I thought he was a load of shite.........much preferred Amdy Faye !! ;)
  • FFS. Thought we'd signed him.
  • He was good but bottled it towards the end of the season. Was only a kid though & has developed into a fine player since.
  • Was it song who shouldve got sent off but pardews pal ref tipped him the wink and he subbed him

How weird was that
  • You're right, Folev, forgot Bent.

Think Arsenal will replace him if he goes, and if (big if) they also get Sahin, their midfield options will be better than last year's - new defensive midfielder and two of Arteta, Sahin, Ramsey, and Wilshire if and when fit.

Then Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski looks strong to me, with Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Gervinho as back up.

I agree, as long as they replace Song (if he goes) I don't think Arsenal will be any weaker than last year and possibly a bit stronger. Big key for them is figuring out how to keep people fit, lets hope Arsene never hears of Lawrence Bloom.
  • All the best to him. Top quality for us.
  • Didnt think he was good enough for Arsenal let alone Barca, we were about his correct level imo

He is solid defensively and works hard, but worst passer ever in general. Did make the odd good pass to RVP but overall his passing is poor from what i saw last season.

Good luck to him still
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    Really? Because from what I have seen and what most of the pundits say, his passing from deep is now one of his main assets.
  • Good luck to the player, did us a favour and looked good.
    Another player leaving Arsenal, and after today's result some of them gooners must be pretty pissed off with 'van the man' persie gone ....
  • edited August 2012

Didnt think he was good enough for Arsenal let alone Barca, we were about his correct level imo

He is solid defensively and works hard, but worst passer ever in general. Did make the odd good pass to RVP but overall his passing is poor from what i saw last season.

Good luck to him still

LOL!! This is the same player that picked up some MOTM awards last season...or maybe you didn't know that?