Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Green or Wagstaff?

I would like to get people's views on who they believe to be the better player. In my opinion I feel there is not much difference. But in terms of an out and out winger I feel green has more quality. Any other views?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    which is better on the green/waggy debate...this thread or the other thread? or the other thread? or the thread from last week?
  • Green
  • which is better on the green/waggy debate...this thread or the other thread? or the other thread? or the thread from last week?

This is an analysis after last nights performance

• Waggy on the right for me. Proper winger and he scores goals. Green will be better suited in the middle of the park long-term I think.
  • wagstaff is better at crossing he even managed to score from his shit cross last night
  • wagstaff is better at crossing he even managed to score from his shit cross last night

So true. Lol

I think it was a shot

I think it was a shot

he's been getting lessons of Danny nguessan , the master of cross-shooting
  • Sponsored links:

• Green

Is that an attempt at irony Henry? Thought you was really not a fan of Green?
  • You have let me down Henry, thought you was on my side

If Kevin Cash had cash then neither, as Kevin Cash has no cash, Waggy

Goals and assists and workrate better than nice hair and a couple of wannabe Beckham crosses a game.

Just my opinion though
  • On last night's showing Cook :) - played on left but right footed
    Think this may be a problem position this year as I'm not convinced that Green or Waggy can make the step up to Championship
    Think this may be a problem position this year as I'm not convinced that Green or Waggy can make the step up to Championship

Good answer, I also share these views: does anybody else like the idea of Haynes on the right wing ?
  • Danny Green
  • No not a fan of Green but was just surprised by the question being asked yet again.

and that Insollywetrust had put his preferred Charlton side and subs up on the post match thread but didn't include Green anywhere.

Usual Waggy bashing though. When he scores it doesn't count. When Green misses that is a good thing. Freaks as Ooh would say : -)
  • The fact is given the choice of green , Waggy or Haynes is a different matter Henry Irving
  • The fact is given the choice of green , Waggy or Haynes is a different matter Henry Irving

But you chose Waggy before Green for the subs bench.
  • Waggy is a better sub than green , he has more experience when coming off the bench and also gives it his all, it is debateable whether green wants to be at the club , especially after last nights performance
  • LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

NB Why didn't Andy Hughes play ? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

NB Why didn't Andy Hughes play ? :-)

His old legs couldn't get him out of bed

Good answer, I also share these views: does anybody else like the idea of Haynes on the right wing ?
    Barnsley fan on here said that Haynes doesn't like playing on wing and Powell sees him as strikerd cover for BWP and a good bench option off bench with his pace
  • It's not a question of who's better. They're at a similar level, there's not much between. Everything backs that up - stats, their performances, the way the split opinions and how Powell used them.

It's looking like Jackson, Hollands and Stephens will be first choice midfielders this season. For that reason Wagstaff, Pritchard or Cook should be ahead of Green. We need some pace and movement in the midfield and Jackson Hollands Stephens Green lacked that in League 1 - it would be too big a weakness in the Champ.
  • Although we've got plenty of options for the right wing nowadays (Green, Waggy, Pritchard, Wilson, Haynes) I'm not convinced any of them will perform consistently well in the championship.
  • both shit. lets face it. doesn't matter.
  • What a discussing buch of individuals as supporters you are. The last attack from orient was cleared with the outside of his boot that went shooting up the left wing kept along the line until someone I forget who crossed it again to green who had run the length of the pitch to shoot just over the bar . Also put his penalty away with no problem more than can be said for others , can't believe people question his reasons for being at the club. Also the players marks are a complete joke , family members marking there own and dissing others , a complete waste of time and the guy who spends his time sorting it all out shouldn't bother as its making him out to be a mug . If you are a football supporter you wouldn't mark the players in such a stupid way .charlton won't win anything whilst this type of support carries on look at history to see what is wrong .
  • Green all day & twice on a Sunday............
  • Overwhelming support for green, yet chris powell seems to favour wagstaff
  • Overwhelming support for green, yet chris powell seems to favour wagstaff

Which considering he managed us to 101 points last year suggest's he knows better then any of us, whoever he picks.