Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Wood

edited August 2012 in Rumours
Not a rumour but he's been put up for sale by west brom after they securred lukakau on loan
Any thoughts? personally think he'd be a good addition at a cut down price

not massivley prolific but i'd be impressed if he came in.

Comments

• Agreed would be a good signing.
  • After tormenting yourselves with Sam Baldock I'd knock this one on the head right away.

He'll get a very good contract because of some of the bigger fish in this division fighting it out for his contract.
  • Nothing to knock on the head as of right now, no media piece to suggest were even intersted just getting opinions on a forum about a player who's for sale. this is completly different from the baldock saga.
  • Good player who'd be great for us but I think we'd be a little way down the queue behind some the richer clubs in this division and even one or two in the top flight.
  • Bunny said:

After tormenting yourselves with Sam Baldock I'd knock this one on the head right away.

He'll get a very good contract because of some of the bigger fish in this division fighting it out for his contract.

erm, we are one of the bigger fish

• Bunny said:

After tormenting yourselves with Sam Baldock I'd knock this one on the head right away.

Tormenting is the right bloody word bunny!
  • Bunny said:

Hmm, a medium sized fish at best... (don't ask me for an actual example of a medium sized fish though)
  • Definitely not a massive fish
  • Probably end up at Brighton?
  • Bunny said:

You keep claiming the Baldcock deal hasnt gone through yet due to funding issues, yet say we are a big fish???
  • Sponsored links:

• Bunny said:

Are you? I'd say you'd be way behind what the likes of Leicester, Forest, Cardiff, Blackburn, Hull, Bolton, Wolves, Brighton, Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Leeds would be willing to pay Woods. You could even lump in Blackpool, Burnley, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday into that.

This is 21st century football now - history means nothing as soon as the last parachute payment dries up and nor does excellent ticket deals to retain fans.

The bottom line now is clubs are judged by players and agents on how much they are willing to handover.
  • I hadn't appreciated that the definition of a big fish was according to the amount wasted on overpaid players. You live and learn.
  • Bloody good player, wish we could get him - can't believe a Prem club won't take him? Surely good enough for Swansea, Reading, West Ham etc.?
  • Thommo said:

Definitely not a massive fish

About cod-sized, do you think?
  • I hadn't appreciated that the definition of a big fish was according to the amount wasted on overpaid players. You live and learn.

It's taken you a while then.

Chris Woods' agent's first question, like all agents, will be 'how much will you pay us?'...not 'how many season ticket holders have you got?'.

• erm, I am one of the bigger fish

Sorry, Large - couldn't resist!

;o)

• Saga Lout said:

Thommo said:

Definitely not a massive fish

About cod-sized, do you think?
    Cod are big fish - but I'd say we're more like haddock!
  • Decent goal keeper in his time but far too old now.......................................
  • My cousin plays for WBA, hoping he may break into the 1st team at some point by the end of the season or in a perfect world signs for Charlton
  • Pollock(s), our chances of signing him and a fishy pun, slow news day.
    Interesting player though, would he offer much more than Cook? Not that I've had a chance to see much of Cook?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cook's mainly winger, Wood is a big striker.

Can't see Wood coming here as back up for Yann.
  • Fish analogies -

Palace: Sailfish, all showy and think they're a real big fish...until the sharks turn up.

Charlton: Haddock. Nothing bad or exciting about it.

Millwall: PIranha. Small and has a bad rep.
  • Bunny said:

Fish analogies -

Palace: Sailfish, all showy and think they're a real big fish...until the sharks turn up.

Millwall is a little tiddler.
  • Bunny said:

Fish analogies -

about right except Millwall; puffa fish, full of wind
  • edited August 2012
    Bunny said:

Fish analogies -

There are much bigger fishes in the river than this rather small guy, that do not pass over 42 cm (1.2 ft) in length and 3.85 kg (9 pounds) in weight, that trigger the dread in any traveler through South America. Their image is horrific, with a mouth full of razor-sharp 4 mm long canine-like teeth, which are replaced constantly during their lifespan just as in the case of the sharks and crocodiles. The shoal attack can clean off meat from a smaller carcass in several minutes.

But a new research shows that their fearsome reputation precedes the reality. Piranhas seems to be rather fearful creatures, that gather in large shoals to protect themselves from predators. "Rather than aggressive killers, research shows piranhas are omnivorous scavengers, eating mainly fish, plants and insects," said Anne Magurran of Scotland's University of St Andrews.
  • Not a bad comparison Bunny!
  • On loan at Millwall, my Millwall mate says he is a very good player. IMO would of been a better option than Hulse as he is a lot younger and there may be an option for a permanent move.
  • Is he this incoming striker. Good signing if so