Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice needed - can't ask the wife

Comments

• Options
    I wish I'd played the Our Tune music as I read this. What a thread.
  • Options
    Bet he's going Blackpool in hope of a wash n blow dry
  • Options
    I just hope he get's a happy ending.
  • Options

I just hope he get's a happy ending.

must be one closer than Blackpool

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I think they write the storylines for Doctors in a very similar manner to how this thread is has panned out.
  • Options
    Any Updates from today?
  • Options
    this does rank up with some of best threads from all the message boards i've ever posted on.
  • Options
    Come on adrian we all need closure on this ?
  • Options
    Funny, whilst sat in Yates bar on the Golden Mile, I thought of this thread. Who knows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Did Adrian ever find his Blackpool Hairdresser?

It's been bugging me over 2 years now..
  • Options
    I can't believe this thread was four years ago! Where does the time go? One of the all-time CL classics.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options

You say that her mum told you that she "intended" to open a hairdresser in Lytham St.Annes, so there's a chance she didn't and ended up working somewhere similar instead. I think the only sensible thing to do here is collate a list of every business in Lytham St.Annes and then create a chart with hairdressers in the middle and then related businesses nearest the centre (beauty salon) with the unrelated on the edge of the chart (butchers).

Then plot a route aroundLytham St.Annes taking in every single business starting from the centre until you reach the outside. You may want to do this over a weekend. Tell your wife you're meeting your old mate Bill in while at Blackpool.

Then if you still can't find her, do the same exercise in neighbouring towns. This of course may take you across the whole country so consider taking a loan from the bank and recruiting a team of people to scout the country for you without raising your wife's suspicions. If you do get found out you at least have the excuse you're helping the country's unemployment figures with your professional stalking team.

Finally you should post her name on here because for all you know she remembers your love of Charlton and comes on CL every day hoping to see a post from you. This could be the first CL divorce/wedding, AFKA will need to get a hat!

Also do a drawing of her (in crayon if you like) and print it out and post it around Lytham St.Annes on every lamp post until someone recognises themselves.

When you look at it as I have describe above you'll see it's all really quite simple etcs.

One of my favourite ever posts on this forum. Quality.
    Glad you said one of em, just needed a 'present company excepted'
  • Options

You say that her mum told you that she "intended" to open a hairdresser in Lytham St.Annes, so there's a chance she didn't and ended up working somewhere similar instead. I think the only sensible thing to do here is collate a list of every business in Lytham St.Annes and then create a chart with hairdressers in the middle and then related businesses nearest the centre (beauty salon) with the unrelated on the edge of the chart (butchers).

Then plot a route aroundLytham St.Annes taking in every single business starting from the centre until you reach the outside. You may want to do this over a weekend. Tell your wife you're meeting your old mate Bill in while at Blackpool.

Then if you still can't find her, do the same exercise in neighbouring towns. This of course may take you across the whole country so consider taking a loan from the bank and recruiting a team of people to scout the country for you without raising your wife's suspicions. If you do get found out you at least have the excuse you're helping the country's unemployment figures with your professional stalking team.

Finally you should post her name on here because for all you know she remembers your love of Charlton and comes on CL every day hoping to see a post from you. This could be the first CL divorce/wedding, AFKA will need to get a hat!

Also do a drawing of her (in crayon if you like) and print it out and post it around Lytham St.Annes on every lamp post until someone recognises themselves.

When you look at it as I have describe above you'll see it's all really quite simple etcs.

It's the 'in crayon if you like' that makes it.
  • Options
    Was this a serious thread ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Only 6 "LOLs" for it as well. SIX!!!! I got three LOLs earlier for inferring that Roger Johnson can't read!
  • Options
    The lol's didn't exist then.
  • Options
    What was the thread involving a bird met in Mexico I think it was and the nutty ex boyfriend of her, had me in stitches that one.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    SDAddick said:

Only 6 "LOLs" for it as well. SIX!!!! I got three LOLs earlier for inferring that Roger Johnson can't read!
    I agree, can everyone go back to the original post and give me the LOLs I deserve please....
  • Options
    Re-reading this thread brings back memories of simpler, pre-Pinocchio times... *sigh*
  • Options
    Bump. Another classic.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    stonemuse said:

Fiiiiiish said:

This and Paulies question on highlights are absolute show stoppers.

First time I met Paulie was at a work party ran by my Wife's (and his Girlfriend's) company... One of the first things I said to him was; "Your Paulie from CharltonLife arent you", his response was "Yeah you know me cos of that thread dont you?
    Your wife was his girlfriend?!?

:wink:
    DAMNIT!!... When I wrote that I tried my hardest to ensure no one could nik pick!! ;)

Better now?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!