Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice needed - can't ask the wife

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Go back to the corner where you first saw her,
    Camp in a sleeping bag and don't move,
    Get some words on cardboard, get your picture in your hand,
    Saying, "If you see this girl can you tell her where I am?"

Some'll try to hand you money, they don't understand,
    You're not broke, you're just a broken hearted man.
    I know it makes no sense but what else can you do,
    How can you move on when you're still in love with her?

'cause if one day she wakes up and finds that she's missing you,
    And her heart starts to wonder where on this earth you could be,
    I'm thinking maybe she'll come back to the place that you'd meet,
    And she'll see you waiting for her on the corner of the street.

• Options
    The memories are always better in my experience. It's like when you go back to a place where you have fond memories as a child and you haven't been there since. It's never as good as you remember and it tarnish's your thoughts. I would just settle for good memories
  • Options
    Have very mixed feelings reading this thread...if its a wind up, then its very funny...if its genuine, then mate, this really isn't the place to be airing this as people are just going to take the piss. You might be a nice enough guy, and we all make mistakes, but please think of your wife before doing anything. Best leave it in the past, for her at least.
  • Options
    Im going against the grain here, but if your 75 and you think you'd regret not trying then go for it. Who can resist an a nostalgic chat with an old flame on blackpool pier
  • Options
    tom- k said:

The memories are always better in my experience. It's like when you go back to a place where you have fond memories as a child and you haven't been there since. It's never as good as you remember and it tarnish's your thoughts. I would just settle for good memories

Best commentary.
  • Options
    I cant get over the fact that this guy is married & still even considering pursuing this. You sound like a wonderful human being. I am sure your wife would be very proud of the man she loves!! Go for it mate, what's the worst that could happen!!
  • Options
    I've lost all interest in the Olympics, this is top notch. Adrian, how old is the old girl? When did you last see her? Were you with your wife when you were seeing her? Did she cry when you moved on? Did you meet her mother and how did that go? We need lots more information sir.
  • Options
    wind up or not,
    i knew this thread would run.
  • Options
    tom- k said:

It's like when you go back to a place where you have fond memories as a child and you haven't been there since. It's never as good as you remember and it tarnish's your thoughts.

I would put Tides swimming pool in Deal, in this category.

• Options
    dated a bird from st lytham annes,she had just graduated from warwick uni as a actress,big things were expected off her....she then met me and within a month was waffling rubbish on bugle all round se london,not sure ten years on if she has ever acted in even a small play. living in walsall now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really should start another Dating Thread, strangely enough there is another girl at work I would like to ask out but last time I did was ridiculed on here when I got the inevitable knock back :-(
  • Options

I've lost all interest in the Olympics, this is top notch. Adrian, how old is the old girl? When did you last see her? Were you with your wife when you were seeing her? Did she cry when you moved on? Did you meet her mother and how did that go? We need lots more information sir.

Born 1950 so you can believe i'm not after a sexy-looking chick.
    Relationship was 1972, last time we met, but shortly corresponded after.
    Sent me a X'Mas card 3 years later, signed 'love'. Tore it immediately, was married.
    Never met her mum, but she knew all about me.
  • Options
    I can't believe he was looking for a 75 year old Doris running a hairdressers! I reckon she cuts @Chunes hair.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Florence, there's this cafe, on the banks of the Arno. Every fine evening, I'd sit there and order a Fernet Branca. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a wife and maybe a couple of kids. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy. I never wanted you to come back to Gotham Charlton.

Anyway, musings aside 192.com has the answer that you want. The stalker's old romantic's friend.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Adrian - FFS get a grip. she is probably 32 stone, has no teeth and has a tattoo of an anchor on each forearm. Let bygones be bygones and fond memories or it will end in tears and disappointment.
  • Options
    this is brilliant, wind-up or not!
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Adrian - FFS get a grip. she is probably 32 stone, has no teeth and has a tattoo of an anchor on each forearm. let bygones be bygones or it will end in tears.

To be fair though, Adrian might look the same!
  • Options
    is she called kath adrian? as my ex mum was called kath
  • Options
    No, he met her in a cafe.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Sent me a X'Mas card 3 years later, signed 'love'. Tore it immediately, was married.
    You tear up Christmas cards that say 'love...'?!

Can't have many left!

"'Love from mum?' Screw that, I'm married!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    adrian said:

Relationship was 1972, last time we met, but shortly corresponded after.
    Never met her mum, but she knew all about me.
    fella she could be brown bread!
  • Options
    I'm actually laughing my arse off here at work.
  • Options
    Try asking your wife for her opinion. She would know best...
  • Options
    i dont get "agenda" in the initial post was she the subject of a "board/committee meeting" ? ....

however i do feel this scenario has the makings of a good film/book plot

my advice Adrian ,pursue your dream and keep we Lifers informed on an episode basis and i get the film rights .

Opening scene ...Adrian (Played bt Gerard Depardieu) goes into attic to look up some old CAFC programmes ,knocks over an old agenda onto which sunlight falls through the loft hatch ,camera pans to melancholic/quizzical/nostalgic expression for GD and he goes forth on his quest Id cast the mum out of THE ROYLE FAMILY as the Lytham hairdresser .Soundtrack to include Red red Robin and Valley floyd Road etc

• Options
    if you're the same age, am assuming you know Bobby Charlton. he must know a lot of people and could put the feelers out if you had a word.
  • Options
    my view is no marriage is perfect or indeed relationship:

it sounds like you have unresolved feelings, that doesn't necessarily mean what some might assume I think

if it continues to bug you perhaps you should pursue it and see if that helps, you don't necessarily know the outcome
  • Options
    i reckon Jack Charltons done her first
  • Options

Adrian if i was born in 1950 i would be looking for a sexy looking chick not an old northern bird.
  • Options
    Ketman said:

I really should start another Dating Thread, strangely enough there is another girl at work I would like to ask out but last time I did was ridiculed on here when I got the inevitable knock back :-(

Oh go on, they're just jealous mate
  • Options

You say that her mum told you that she "intended" to open a hairdresser in Lytham St.Annes, so there's a chance she didn't and ended up working somewhere similar instead. I think the only sensible thing to do here is collate a list of every business in Lytham St.Annes and then create a chart with hairdressers in the middle and then related businesses nearest the centre (beauty salon) with the unrelated on the edge of the chart (butchers).

Then plot a route aroundLytham St.Annes taking in every single business starting from the centre until you reach the outside. You may want to do this over a weekend. Tell your wife you're meeting your old mate Bill in while at Blackpool.

Then if you still can't find her, do the same exercise in neighbouring towns. This of course may take you across the whole country so consider taking a loan from the bank and recruiting a team of people to scout the country for you without raising your wife's suspicions. If you do get found out you at least have the excuse you're helping the country's unemployment figures with your professional stalking team.

Finally you should post her name on here because for all you know she remembers your love of Charlton and comes on CL every day hoping to see a post from you. This could be the first CL divorce/wedding, AFKA will need to get a hat!

Also do a drawing of her (in crayon if you like) and print it out and post it around Lytham St.Annes on every lamp post until someone recognises themselves.

When you look at it as I have describe above you'll see it's all really quite simple etcs.

Or, of course, you could pass on driving thousands of miles and phone them instead.

I do agree with those that have said don't bother though. As a general rule if a relationship doesn't work the first time it is not terribly likely to do so many years later - especially if you have all the baggage of a divorce.

Also, if she is happy to let you jump her without any 'courting' and on the day you just drop back into her life it makes her the kind of girl that you shouldn't be going to all this trouble to find I would have thought.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!