Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Pietersen - Biggest Tosser in British Sport?

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

ponting, irritatingly, comes off as a really decent bloke nowadays

True, as does Gilchrist. Very annoying!

Clarke, Hayden, Lee, Langer, McGrath and Warne remain fucktards of the very, very finest cloth.
  • Options
    naw gilly was always good craic

of that list above i only really have problems with hayden and lee, maybe langer as well
  • Options
    Leuth said:

of that list above i only really have problems with hayden and lee, maybe langer as well

Clarke really is a c--t of the highest order, cannot abide him. Somehow managed to make the death of Philip Hughes all about him.

Warne is a disgracefully biased commentator and I cannot understand how English viewers accept him on Sky when he is clearly out to publicly undermine England as much as he can, his campaign against Cook was deplorable.

McGrath's oafish "5-0 to Australia" predictions before every Ashes tour and constant sledging guarantee my eternal hatred - plus his annoying habit of bowling us out.

Langer: The Brown Nosed Gnome. An utter twat.

I guess the 1989-2005 Ashes drought had long term implications for me.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Clarke really is a c--t of the highest order, cannot abide him. Somehow managed to make the death of Philip Hughes all about him.

Warne is a disgracefully biased commentator and I cannot understand how English viewers accept him on Sky when he is clearly out to publicly undermine England as much as he can, his campaign against Cook was deplorable.

McGrath's oafish "5-0 to Australia" predictions before every Ashes tour and constant sledging guarantee my eternal hatred - plus his annoying habit of bowling us out.

cant say it shows or comes across that those ashes had an effect ........McGrath I have to agree superb Bowler
  • Options

Leuth said:

God help Tim Cahill if he signs for us. The fact that he played for Millwall would probably be incidental in your hatred for him ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Leuth said:

Blimey, its all coming out now.

TBH, never had a problem with Warney- always thought him to be very insightful - a great bowler who could work out batsmen, and carries that insight into commentating - I don't see too much bias when Eng v Oz , just says it as he sees it.

Mcgrath was/is just the village idiot. An up-his-own arse of a person.

Now, Hayden. Lets say, I wish him and Bikey had an argument in a dark alley.

Didn't realise Clarke was like that, always came over as a decent guy when we were beating the Oz.

Now, the blokes that really get up my schnozzle are Warner and Haddin - two of the most obnoxious 'people' you could wish to meet, Warner with his aggressive snide Sledging and Haddin with that slimy permanent 'smile' he hays.Also, had a pop at England fans at Edgbaston in 2009 when he was 12th man, which didn't endear him to the Hobbis Stand too much !
  • Options
    I have to confess that I like Ponting and Clarke but can't stand KP. Does that make me bad?
  • Options

I have to confess that I like Ponting and Clarke but can't stand KP. Does that make me bad?

Christ, this is getting confusing now!
  • Options

Christ, this is getting confusing now!
    You should be me. It's a lot more confusing I can assure you.
  • Options
    Love KP get him back in the England side .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having read some of the comments from the past couple of hours I would say we have a new contender...

Step forward Guy Luzon!
  • Options
    KP gets ton in first innings ! - ok, its only Oxford MCCU, but , he can only score against who he is playing against.

As i keep on saying, if he continues to score big runs (likely), and Cook gets getting not-a-lot agains NZ (likely) , and then Cook gets chosen for England instead of KP aganst Aussies- then its likely there is gonna be uproar ! (and rightly so, in my opinion).
  • Options
    I think with Paul Downton leaving his role within the ECB and KP showing his desire to play for England again by tearing up his lucrative IPL contract & committing to Surrey, where he will undoubtedly score runs, I now think there's every chance KP will play cricket for England again...something that was unthinkable a year ago!
  • Options

I think with Paul Downton leaving his role within the ECB and KP showing his desire to play for England again by tearing up his lucrative IPL contract & committing to Surrey, where he will undoubtedly score runs, I now think there's every chance KP will play cricket for England again...something that was unthinkable a year ago!

Probably still unthinkable to most of the current England team.

• Options

Probably still unthinkable to most of the current England team.

Dont see that. Most of them have come through in last 2 years, so, would expect them to be looking to him for advice and be a father-figure. The likes of Ballance,Root,Ali,Jordan,Buttler would be clever enough to know that they could learn a lot from KP, and wouldnt have any grudges towards him.
    TBH, if Cook has a mare against NZ, i can quite likely see KP being made captain against Aus - especially if, as has been doing the media rounds in last week since Downton was sacked, that Moores will be the next to go. With no Cook or Moores or Downton then most of KP's nemeses have gone.
  • Options
    The phrase he can only score against who he is playing against means nothing. This match does not even warrant recognition, it's an innings that means no more than what he may score against his kids in his back garden.
    As for giving up a lucrative contract with the IPL well it was nowhere near last seasons amount and you can't bet he didn't lose a penny as Surrey would have made up the difference.
    To show a real ambition to get an England recall would have meant joining a first division county not lowly moneybags Surrey.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The phrase he can only score against who he is playing against means nothing. This match does not even warrant recognition, it's an innings that means no more than what he may score against his kids in his back garden.
    As for giving up a lucrative contract with the IPL well it was nowhere near last seasons amount and you can't bet he didn't lose a penny as Surrey would have made up the difference.
    To show a real ambition to get an England recall would have meant joining a first division county not lowly moneybags Surrey.

Sorry to disagree Riv, but would you have rather he got out for nought ?!
    Also, i dont think even Surrey would have paid him anywhere even close to what he would have got playing in IPL.
    Yes, he's had his 'issues' but Jeez, cant keep digging him out for trivial reasons.I'd rather have someone scoring runs for England than not , just because of some 'principal' or perceived thought that he is not a team-player !
  • Options
    Runs KP may get for Surrey will be in Division 2 - huge step up to Division 1 - and even greater to the Test arena. Don't think anyone doubts his talent but think the runs he may score must be put into perspective
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Those of you who have seen the Surrey thread will know my views on this! His form in the last year and a half has been poor he had a few good games in the big bash and that's about it.. He was pretty poor in the t20 here last year the ipl the big bash and even the carribean premier league..

For me he needs a whole season of huge run scoring to even be considered for the winter tours... and by then id say he'd have a maximum of two years left at international level! Whata the point! Might as well blood a youngster... having said that if Vaughan gets the job in the England set up there is hope! If anyone can get him back in the fold it's Vaughan!

As for his time at Surrey I will be more than a little annoyed if Burns, Ansari, Sibley, Roy and foakes don't get a decent run in the side and with sangakkara Wilson Solanki and Davies as experienced heads I don't see where he fits In. . Will be annoyed if a youngster suffers just to fit him in!
  • Options
    I would rather see his great mate Piers Morgan in the side than have that arsehole of a traitor back. Great player though he is his attitude absolutely stinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Anybody who thinks there is a major difference between Div1 and Div2 is just deluding themselves - after all, it has the likes of Lancashire,Essex,Kent and Glamorgan - and Surrey ! - its not quite Prem v Championship !
  • Options
    Would I rather he got 0? I couldn't care less, as I said the innings is irrelevant. Not joining a Div 1 county is not trivial and of course there is a major difference, when a county get relegated the best players move to Div 1 teams. We have plenty of players who will score runs for England.
    Don't believe the hype.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Would I rather he got 0? I couldn't care less, as I said the innings is irrelevant. Not joining a Div 1 county is not trivial and of course there is a major difference, when a county get relegated the best players move to Div 1 teams. We have plenty of players who will score runs for England.
    Don't believe the hype.

That's just not true.. because of the other competitions The t20 and one dayers div 2 counties can still attract the beat players.. there really isn't much difference between the two! otherwise why would the number one ranked test batsman in the world go to a div2 county???
  • Options
    Westley and Browne bagged tons against a uni team and it doesn't mean bupkis. Pietersen isn't what he used to be and won't scare the Aussies at all
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Don't believe the hype.

As Canters says, that is rubbish. Has there been a surge of players leaving Surrey and Lancashire coz they are in Div 2 ??
  • Options

Riviera said:

Don't believe the hype.

As Canters says, that is rubbish. Has there been a surge of players leaving Surrey and Lancashire coz they are in Div 2 ??
    Surrey can afford to keep them. Counties who don't have Test match funding can't.

The question is "is KP the biggest tosser in British sport?". To which I would respond a resounding "yes".

And if you were to ask some members of the Natal, South Africa, Notts, Hants, England and even Surrey dressing rooms and I suspect you will get the same answer. I suppose that does make him somewhat unique.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Don't believe the hype.

Surrey can afford to keep them. Counties who don't have Test match funding can't.

The question is "is KP the biggest tosser in British sport?". To which I would respond a resounding "yes".

And if you were to ask some members of the Natal, South Africa, Notts, Hants, England and even Surrey dressing rooms and I suspect you will get the same answer. I suppose that does make him somewhat unique.
    Exactly, its the Test match counties that call the shots financially regardless of what division they are in.
    However, there are plenty of ex/current team-mates that look up him and look for advice from him. The major 'problem' has been , as I see it, that he wasn't accepted by the various England cliques, such as Cook/Management,Swann/Anderson,Broad/Prior, however, if you talk to the likes of Root and Balance, then I'm sure you will get a different perception of the man.
    As NLA says, he could score a thousand more runs than anyone else in the team , and he still wouldn't be picked under the current regime - however, that regime seems to be changing with Downton going, and likely Moores soon after by the sounds of it. After that , all it needs is for Cook to have a bad spell against NZ, and most of the Anti-KP brigade have gone.
    Got a feeling he'll be back - and maybe even as captain. Maybe we should ask Brearley to come back in an advisory role (sort of Director of Cricket) - coz he'd be the one to get the best out of him.
  • Options
    KP scored his second consecutive century in South African domestic T20 for Dolphins - first was off 65 balls , second off 45.
  • Options

KP scored his second consecutive century in South African domestic T20 for Dolphins - first was off 65 balls , second off 45.

I could do that against that lot. Well maybe not but the teams are made up of unknowns and "has beens".

Hope KP is thoroughly enjoying his 2 minutes of fame. He must have been missing it on the beach. Bet he got a few big scores there too.