Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Pietersen - Biggest Tosser in British Sport?

Comments

• KP and Chiles together, all you needed was Alan Green doing the traffic reports and I would have been over the moon.
    Had to turn it over to Pop Master as the bloke cannot open his mouth without talking 24 carat shit.
  • He's a bloody South African ffs. Should never have played for England. Forget about him. Move on.

Agree 100%

If we are unable to produce enough English players good enough to compete then we should just be putting out a crap, but English team.

The same goes for the other national sports teams.

The fact that other nations do it is no excuse either in my opinion.
    Does that mean that none of the following shouldn't have been allowed to play for England because they weren't born here? Or do you draw the line somewhere?

Adam Hollioake
    Albert Trott
    Allan Lamb
    Amjad Khan
    Andrew Strauss
    Basil D'Olivera
    Ben Hollioake
    Ben Stokes
    Billy Murdoch
    Bob Woolmer
    Boyd Rankin
    Chris Jordan
    Chris Lewis
    Colin Cowdrey
    Craig Kieswetter
    Derek Pringle
    Dermot Reeve
    Devon Malcolm
    Donald Carr
    Douglas Jardine
    Edward Wynyard
    Eoin Morgan
    Errol Holmes
    Freddie Brown
    Gary Ballance
    Gavin Hamilton
    George Emmett
    Geraint Jones
    Gladstone Small
    Graeme Hick
    Gubby Allen,
    Ian Greig
    Jade Dernbach
    Jason Gallian
    John Ferris
    Jonathan Trott
    K.S. Duleepsinhji (‘Duleep’)
    KP
    Lord Harris
    Matt Prior
    Michael Lumb
    Minal Patel
    Nasser Hussain
    Nawab of Pataudi
    Neil Radford
    Neil Williams
    Neville Tufnell
    Nick Compton
    Norman Cowans
    Norman Mitchell-Innes
    Owais Shah
    Paul Parker
    Paul Terry
    Pelham Warner
    Phil Edmonds
    Phillip DeFreitas
    Ranjitsinhji
    Richard Young
    Robin Jackman
    Robin Smith
    Roland Butcher
    Sam Robson
    Sammy Woods
    Ted Dexter
    Tim Ambrose
    Tony Greig
    Usman Afzaal
    Wilf Slack

That's 68 players in all (and I might have missed a few too) who have played for England and weren't born here.

Cliff Richard? He was born in India.
  • Riviera said:

He's a bloody South African ffs. Should never have played for England. Forget about him. Move on.

Agree 100%

If we are unable to produce enough English players good enough to compete then we should just be putting out a crap, but English team.

Does that mean that none of the following shouldn't have been allowed to play for England because they weren't born here? Or do you draw the line somewhere?

Adam Hollioake
    Albert Trott
    Allan Lamb
    Amjad Khan
    Andrew Strauss
    Basil D'Olivera
    Ben Hollioake
    Ben Stokes
    Billy Murdoch
    Bob Woolmer
    Boyd Rankin
    Chris Jordan
    Chris Lewis
    Colin Cowdrey
    Craig Kieswetter
    Derek Pringle
    Dermot Reeve
    Devon Malcolm
    Donald Carr
    Douglas Jardine
    Edward Wynyard
    Eoin Morgan
    Errol Holmes
    Freddie Brown
    Gary Ballance
    Gavin Hamilton
    George Emmett
    Geraint Jones
    Gladstone Small
    Graeme Hick
    Gubby Allen,
    Ian Greig
    Jade Dernbach
    Jason Gallian
    John Ferris
    Jonathan Trott
    KP
    Lord Harris
    Matt Prior
    Michael Lumb
    Minal Patel
    Nasser Hussain
    Nawab of Pataudi
    Neil Radford
    Neil Williams
    Neville Tufnell
    Nick Compton
    Norman Cowans
    Norman Mitchell-Innes
    Owais Shah
    Paul Parker
    Paul Terry
    Pelham Warner
    Phil Edmonds
    Phillip DeFreitas
    Ranjitsinhji
    Richard Young
    Robin Jackman
    Robin Smith
    Roland Butcher
    Sam Robson
    Sammy Woods
    Ted Dexter
    Tim Ambrose
    Tony Greig
    Usman Afzaal
    Wilf Slack

That's 68 players in all (and I might have missed a few too) who have played for England and weren't born here.

Robin Smith's brother Chris "Kippy" Smith is one you have missed.

• Riviera said:

Riviera said:

He's a bloody South African ffs. Should never have played for England. Forget about him. Move on.

Agree 100%

Adam Hollioake
    Albert Trott
    Allan Lamb
    Amjad Khan
    Andrew Strauss
    Basil D'Olivera
    Ben Hollioake
    Ben Stokes
    Billy Murdoch
    Bob Woolmer
    Boyd Rankin
    Chris Jordan
    Chris Lewis
    Colin Cowdrey
    Craig Kieswetter
    Derek Pringle
    Dermot Reeve
    Devon Malcolm
    Donald Carr
    Douglas Jardine
    Edward Wynyard
    Eoin Morgan
    Errol Holmes
    Freddie Brown
    Gary Ballance
    Gavin Hamilton
    George Emmett
    Geraint Jones
    Gladstone Small
    Graeme Hick
    Gubby Allen,
    Ian Greig
    Jade Dernbach
    Jason Gallian
    John Ferris
    Jonathan Trott
    KP
    Lord Harris
    Matt Prior
    Michael Lumb
    Minal Patel
    Nasser Hussain
    Nawab of Pataudi
    Neil Radford
    Neil Williams
    Neville Tufnell
    Nick Compton
    Norman Cowans
    Norman Mitchell-Innes
    Owais Shah
    Paul Parker
    Paul Terry
    Pelham Warner
    Phil Edmonds
    Phillip DeFreitas
    Ranjitsinhji
    Richard Young
    Robin Jackman
    Robin Smith
    Roland Butcher
    Sam Robson
    Sammy Woods
    Ted Dexter
    Tim Ambrose
    Tony Greig
    Usman Afzaal
    Wilf Slack

Robin Smith's brother Chris "Kippy" Smith is one you have missed.

Good spot - added.
  • Mike Denness
  • LenGlover said:

Mike Denness

Added.
  • Should be the granparent rule.

residency should never come into it.
  • LenGlover said:

Mike Denness

was coached by his son once, he was one of the biggest tossers i've ever met...
  • He's a bloody South African ffs. Should never have played for England. Forget about him. Move on.

Agree 100%

So do you agree that neither sterling or zaha should play football for england?

• Zaha should definitely not play for England !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Pieterson biggest tosser in British Sport and who is he greatest fan?

Piers Morgan the biggest tosser in the British media.

Maybe they massage each others egos.

Agree 100%

I don't know their history - but if they have qualified by residency alone - then I agree that they they should not play for England.
  • In answer to the original question...yes, one of them. But there are plenty to chose from.

Agree 100%

I don't know their history - but if they have qualified by residency alone - then I agree that they they should not play for England.
    Both are only eligible for England after being educated here for 5 years or more
  • If that is the case then my personal view is that they should not be eligible to play for England
  • I dislike people like Morgan or Pieterson playing for England by simply choosing to do so. But if you move to England at an early age there's no reason why you shouldn't play for the team.
  • If that is the case then my personal view is that they should not be eligible to play for England

Sorry Suede, I may have missed it, but what is your criteria? In my family I was born here, but my brother and sister were born in india and came here when they were about 2 & 3, would all 3 of us qualify for England or Just me or none?

• So are we saying this is a South African social upbringing problem?

I'm sure if we looked for long enough we could find some born and bred English players that could go on to be as big a c***s as Pieterson.
    May not be as good with the bat though..
  • KP isn't a twat because he is South African. He is a twat because he is a twat.
    Kap10 said:

If that is the case then my personal view is that they should not be eligible to play for England

Sorry Suede, I may have missed it, but what is your criteria? In my family I was born here, but my brother and sister were born in india and came here when they were about 2 & 3, would all 3 of us qualify for England or Just me or none?

I have no personal criteria other than residency alone should not entitle someone to represent the country that they now live in.

I think that there should also be some parental or grand parental link to the nation to be represented.

If a nation can just pick and chose any player to represent them just because they live there - national sport becomes akin to high end club sport where the richest nations could claim the best players to represent them.

• Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

His mum is English, he's probably got more link to England than quite a few on AA's list from above.

This.
    This just conveniently seems to get side-tracked by people who just want to get KP bashing.
  • Pietersen is an abrasive individual but in some ways quite a naive and innocent one - I suspect that he may have a point about there being manipulative rising to plain nasty types in the dressing-room
  • I suggest he looks in a mirror to find the manipulative and nasty types.
  • Some interesting reading in i this morning on this. Whilst Pieterson obviously doesn't come out particularly well, their articles point to a level of detail that - whilst suffering from Pieterson's interpretation - reveal certain truths about that dressing room. Some damning stuff around the treatment of Trott, for example, and a revealing comment about KP being left feeling sad by Andy Flowers even after his best test performance. Worth a read, probably some stuff on the Independent web site I guess.
  • If what he says is lies we will soon find out as prior flower etc will probably file a lawsuit...

If they dont, then what he says is likely to be true...

For what its worth, i think KPs comments probably are the truth. I can defo sense that prior is a bit of a twat (comes across that way on the field) so KPs allegations probably arnt that far off the mark
  • Pietersen is/was a superb batsman, Swann, Broad, Prior and Anderson still are/or were superstar cricketers .. all have one other thing at least in common ... they're all mollycoddled, spoilt egotistical brats .. ((:>)
  • Man with a new book to sell in outspoken outburst, as Cilla would say surprise surprise.
  • Pietersen wanted to be a international. Was impatient with his home land, so gave England a go.

Playing for England gave him a big profile. listening to him today was embarrassing.

I heard the radio 5 interview, it came on at 10am just after people with terminal cancer had been telling their stories about their fight for life with no bitterness.

he is a total bell end, egomaniac, who only cares about one person.

Using the word bully,you would think he was 14, I'm surprised his mum wasn't holding his hand,
    or his best friend, Piers Morgan.
  • One of the best players England have ever had, a number of players and journalist are backing Pietersen's side of the story, and I suspect the likes of Prior, Broad, Anderson and Flowers aren't the angles some want them to be