Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sick day excuses

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Need I say anymore? Looking for some first class excuses ;)

Comments

• Options
    you shit your pants after a Caribbean platter on Blackheath.
  • Options
    I ate a curry last night and now my ring piece stings so im gonna be in the bogs for most of the day. That should work ;)
  • Options
    Call your boss and tell him you've just been down the clap clinic and have now got to spend the day making calls. Then ask to be put through to the secretary he's been knocking off.
  • Options
    Whatever you say they won't believe you so you may as well be creative. Tell them one of your bollocks fell off and when you return, put on a limp and a squeaky voice.
  • Options

Call your boss and tell him you've just been down the clap clinic and have now got to spend the day making calls. Then ask to be put through to the secretary he's been knocking off.

Please do it!!!
  • Options
    Not so much an excuse but many years ago I phoned up the place I worked at 3pm to say I wasn't feeling well and wouldn't make it to work. Given I was meant to start 6 hours before at 9am they told me not to bother coming back again! In my defence I had phoned them the moment I had woken up after the previous nights excesses!

• Options
    PopIcon said:

you shit your pants after a Caribbean platter on Blackheath.

Sounds like some sort of dogging euphenism.
  • Options
    I'd like to start a campaign for a "phone in well" day. Everyone would be allowed one or two days a year when they can phone in to say they feel perfectly well -- so well, in fact, that they can't be arsed to come into work today.
  • Options
    I know a company that does that.

Think they're called blanket or quilt days? You get 2 a year and when you just can't be arsed you can ring up and say I won't be I'm today.
  • Options
    Suspected swine flu.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woman's problems
  • Options
    tell them you fell on the hoover while tidying up and have subsequently got a sore arse
  • Options
    You swallowed a Chess piece and didnt have a good Knights sleep
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Think they're called blanket or quilt days? You get 2 a year and when you just can't be arsed you can ring up and say I won't be I'm today.

Duvet days.

Know a few companies that do them but mine dont the tight buggers
  • Options
    Tell them you got lucky at a gay dwarf club last night and you are currently feeling a little queer.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    W*nk*rs cramp? Cubic foot?
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Duvet days.

Know a few companies that do them but mine dont the tight buggers
    They use to do them whebn I worked at Sony and every other Friday off during the summer...
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Tell them you got lucky at a gay dwarf club last night and you are currently feeling a little queer.

yes but he used that one last week and it wasn't even a lie

• Options
    I always try to make it in and then leave mid morning, you get the credit for coming in and making the effort and taking the next day off is easier then.

• Options
    Ring them up and tell them you're are sick. When they ask you, how sick are you? You tell them you're in bed with your sister.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Yea, we do that. Duvet days. Call in by 9am saying exactly that. As long as you don't have anything vital to do, you can turn back over and...
  • Options
    Where I used to work many moons ago a young lady called and said she was snowed in and wouldn't be in the office... problem being that there was no snow and anyway she lived about half a mile away! She got an award for that at the Christmas party.
  • Options
    I always said I'd been abducted by aliens.
    Back in the day, there was a guy I worked with who was always off sick. The thing was, every time, it was always with a different illness. But he always had a doctor's certificate.
    Then he made his fatal mistake, running out of options, he was off with constipation. Now, his boss knew he liked a Guinness or six and thought that was extremely unlikely and wouldn't have meant a whole week off work. So he rang his doctor who said he hadn't seen him in over a year. Turns out the last time he went to the surgery, the doctor had to leave the room for a few moments and he took the opportunity of nicking a whole pad of certificates. He had indeed been "self-certificating". He got sacked.
  • Options
    Just don't work, claim dole. As a print business we lose 5 sick days a month on average over 40 staff. A few years ago with 60 staff we were losing 30 average. I visited a company in Norway who just didn't accept sickness. We changed our attitude and grouped people in teams whereby each team in bonused on attendance, By putting the worst offenders into each team we created a situation whereby if you were off sick you cost your workmates money. I can't tell you how well the system works. When people are sick they want it as holiday. In truth, we pay a bit more money out in bonuses, but it has been a major success. Very often a new person joins who has a history ( unbeknown to us ) of sickness. They don't last long driven out by their own co workers. Looking forward to this being slagged.
  • Options
    If you work with food, just say you have the shits. Health and safety rules say you have to stay away for 48 hrs so its even better.. happy days !
  • Options
    the shits is always the best one as the boss doesnt want details. unless he's a sicko.
  • Options
    Good job @MCS isn't your boss then!
  • Options
    A good sickee needs careful planning. Start feeling sick a few days beforehand, but shrug it off. Use some additional props - cough sweets, hankies, pain killers. Don't over do the verbal moaning but cough and loose your voice occasionaly, when eventually you ring in you will almost be thanked for trying to stay at work. It helps if you don't have a record of being sick a lot and try to do it on days when you don't have a lot on, it makes it look like you have struggled in for important meetings. You can even say something along the lines of "I would have come in for that meeting but as ..... I thought it would be better to try and feel well for ......" You obviously have to know your 'audience' to best pull it off.
  • Options
    Anyone want to know why this country is in the shit?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Anyone want to know why this country is in the shit?

Go on then?