Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship 2012 Summer Transfers List (updated 6th Aug)

Comments

• I'm not worried abour our first team at all. I think we're good enough to contest top half. The worry is a lack of cover
  • edited July 2012

se9addick said:

Didn't realise Wednesday had signed McCabe.

Looking at that list and some of the decent plsyets other clubs have brought in really concerns me. We must have pretty much the lowest wage bill in the division now ?

And that is what doesnt make sense. Our crowds /income are nowhere near the lowest, so where are the others getting their money from?
    Burnley have parachute payments still, as do Blackpool (and a cash rich owner). The Bristol City board seem to have deep pockets and are not shy about giving the manager money. Us and Peterborough have owners willing to cover costs and bridge the gap on wages. Palace have fanatical Eagles fans in charge, willing to put money in. Huddersfield have a rich owner. Brighton have sold 20,000 season tickets. Watford have just had investment. As for Barnsley - god knows how they cling on year in and year out.

That covers all the clubs you are bigger than, I think. As for clubs you are similar too, they all either have parachute payments (Bolton) or rich owners (Ipswich).

Your squad should be fine - it's when you start selling your best players and replacing them with rubbish you should start to worry - Palace.
  • George Porter Orient to Burnley, strange one as he was never a Orient regular.
  • Looking at those lists, what strikes me is that there were a lot of inderperforming teams in the Champ last year and they've got rid of a few a brought in a few but are they going to be any better? We haven't drastically changed our squad and IMHO could've finished mid-table comfortably in that division last season. We've heard that the boys are buzzing after the Spanish training camp and everyone's happy apart from a couple of players so there's no reason why we shouldn't do well.
  • Looking at those lists, what strikes me is that there were a lot of inderperforming teams in the Champ last year and they've got rid of a few a brought in a few but are they going to be any better? We haven't drastically changed our squad and IMHO could've finished mid-table comfortably in that division last season. We've heard that the boys are buzzing after the Spanish training camp and everyone's happy apart from a couple of players so there's no reason why we shouldn't do well.

Agree with this. I think we are looking at this season as a consolidation, see how the youths get on (7 subs) and then make the push next season. We've a strong team spirit and the guys signing on for our rivals doesn't inspire me to be honest! I've got good feelings about this season...
  • Amazing amount of Free's in the list, so I am assuming some clubs must be paying big wages.

Most of the bigger names on the list are over the Hill (Mido) or perennially injured such as woodgate
  • Sam Vokes, Wolves to Burnley, confirmed.
  • Sam Vokes and Charlie Austin will make a good partnership me thinks.
  • George Porter Orient to Burnley, strange one as he was never a Orient regular.

I trust Kenny Jackett on transfers - Porter is a Lions fan and we looked at him. But decided to give him a miss. Which tells me Jackett doesn't think he's good enough.
  • Stebo said:

Sam Vokes and Charlie Austin will make a good partnership me thinks.

Not massively mobile but decent indeed

• Sponsored links:

• I don't think we need to worry too much. Looking at that list there is much mediocrity. I believe our squad is strong enough, but do believe that we need to add another keeper as our back up keeper is, in my opinion, not Championship quality.
  • edited August 2012
    Hmm... Depends how much game time Sullivan is likely to get - in the past we seem to have been able to get goalkeepers in on loan if an emergency arises.
  • Peter Lovendkrants
    Leon Best
    Matt Mills
    Tomasz Kuszczak
    Sam Vokes
    Joe Lewis
    Sone Aluko
    Ritchie De Laet

Only names I see there that I think will be good players to have in our squad.
  • Leon Best out for 6 months injured already
  • James O'Connor, Doncaster to Derby, Undis
  • I'm sure Doc was released so went Wycombe on a free?
  • Just revealed on Twitter that we've signed Salim Kerkar on a 1 year deal.
  • sam3110 said:

Peter Lovendkrants
    Leon Best
    Matt Mills
    Tomasz Kuszczak
    Sam Vokes
    Joe Lewis
    Sone Aluko
    Ritchie De Laet

Only names I see there that I think will be good players to have in our squad.

Is that probably not because you have limited knowledge on the players there? Loads of them would be great signings for us
  • That Arsenal kid Afobe has chosen Bolton over us. Thank god.
  • Another one to add to that list is South Korea international Kim Bo-Kyung joining Cardiff for £2m
    Lot of money for him IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• All confirmed deals updated.
  • Is that the ex Chelsea and millsmall jody morris at brizel city
  • Is that the ex Chelsea and millsmall jody morris at brizel city

Yeah Think is 33 now.
  • edited August 2012
    Andrew Crofts has signed for Brighton from Norwich (just saying, like)
  • good signing
  • Crofts back to brighton from norwich he went to norwich from 2 years old I think
  • Helguson to Cardiff from QPR. Undisc. 9 goals last season in Prem.
  • Didn't play that much either I don't think top signing that
  • uie2 said:

Crofts back to brighton from norwich he went to norwich from 2 years old I think

They're starting young now!

• Helguson is getting on a bit now, but he's still a good player. A solid bit of business that but probably comes with highish wages.