Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic tickets

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Shag said:

Just tried getting those Floyd and got a blank

My partner just finished paying for 1 - nothing too special in the session though
    These are the clawed back tickets that Seb Coe and Locog have done so well to put back on sale to the public.
  • Options
    The medals sessions are more expensive than the heats, I got some additional tickets last night but was freezed out/tickets unavailable some of the time, saw it is part of the game really.

Just an observation but I was talking to a games maker on my way into Woolwich yesterday he worked at Excel where they had issues with a media crew filming empty seats in an unused arena where a dozen or so members of the public were eating lunch whilst watching an athelete train, both of the adjacent arenas were full and compitition in full flow, when he challenged them they snapped "weve got our job to do you do yours..." nice objective journalism..
  • Options

Shag said:

Just tried getting those Floyd and got a blank

My partner just finished paying for 1 - nothing too special in the session though
    Ah thats very kind cheers, please say thanks to her/him for me
  • Options
    No tickets found

Sorry, no exact matches were found.

If you would like to amend your search, you will need to remove the session(s) you have requested from your shopping list. Then you can try one or more of the following options:

Reduce the number of tickets requested per session
    Change the price category
    Select another sport or session

Everytime ...
  • Options

surely its unfair to charge the same amount for morning tickets as it is for evening?

two people pay the same amount, however one person gets to see crap heats, while the other person gets to see finals and medal ceremonies.

Yes, but my seats are the best - Category A, in the evening Category A are £450.

• Options

I've just struck Gold.

Go for these £150 a pop, they are obviously there !

Your Olympic Games tickets:

Sport: Athletics
    Session code: AT008
    Date/time: 07 August 2012 10:00-12:35
    Venue: Olympic Stadium
    Price category: A
    Quantity: 3
    Ticket cost: £450.00
    Glad you're happy with these , CE & well done for perseverance

But wonder how many others would pay £150pp for a 2.5 hr morning session of heats & qualifiers .

I think I'll see Usain Bolt though, as there is mens 200m round 1.
  • Options

surely its unfair to charge the same amount for morning tickets as it is for evening?

two people pay the same amount, however one person gets to see crap heats, while the other person gets to see finals and medal ceremonies.

Yes, but my seats are the best - Category A, in the evening Category A are £450.

Hope it's well worth the money, CE . Good on you.
  • Options

ah fair do's
  • Options
    I even got refused on a ticket for 295. I think im glad really as dont know how i would have explained that one to Ian.
  • Options
    If England win against Korea do we know whether they'll be the 5pm or 7.45pm game on Tuesday? Or do tickets cover both?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

If England win against Korea do we know whether they'll be the 5pm or 7.45pm game on Tuesday? Or do tickets cover both?

I've been to three double headers for football but they were first round matches. One ticket for both matches.
    would imaging the logistics of emptying the stadium then refilling it would be too much even for the finals?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2012
    I think the two semi finals might actually be in two different stadiums. Ignore me.

GB will be in Manchester it would seem.
  • Options
    I'm going to see Usain Bolt on Sunday night, unless someone wants to inbox me an offer...
  • Options
    £1
  • Options
    no need for an inbox. £50?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    GB Vs South Korea is at the Millennium Stadium
  • Options
    more tickets on there now for monday night athletics - £450 only though. more may trickle through.... get logged in and ready guys!!!
  • Options
    I think a regulated ticket exchange (similar to Viagogo etc.) would have been beneficial - perhaps LOCOG could have agreed on some strict stipulations regarding maximum re-sale prices (say 50% above face), in return for offering them the chance to be the 'official recognised ticket broker' or similar?

The touts would have been ended up using it for sure, but they appear to be involved anyway (without any of the safeguards that the above ticket exchanges offer).

Part of the 'empty seat' problem must surely also be caused by people who applied for dozens of tickets and only ended up with their least preferred ones, and may have ended up looking at the costs of travel etc. and chosen not to go at all.

Without a ticket exchange, cycling fans who ended up only with say judo tickets and judo fans who ended up with cycling tickets have no easy way of swapping them around.

• Options
    edited August 2012

Never mind. I've only been trying for about 18 months for athletics tickets. Probably a couple of hundred attempts, with a £150 maximum.

Dunno what you're moaning about CE. I mean it's easy to get tickets to events you want to see as others have taken the trouble to point out to Len and others on here. Yeah right...
    What are you saying? The people on here haven't been able to get tickets?

No-one has said it has been easy have they? No-one. But of course some events have sold out 18 months after first going on sale, and some events suffered from simple supply and demand. Surely you cas understand that?

Len was moaning that ordinary Londoners didnt get tickets which is patent nonsense - as has been pointed out there are ample chances to watch events for free, and for £20 quid upwards. These are facts. Sorry if they dont fit the Bornemouth Echo's view of life.
    Here we go again with you Floyd. No one has come on here and said that getting tickets has been easy per se but plenty have suggested that it's easier than the actuality including yourself because it gives them another opportunity to have a pop at other posters who are struggling to get tickets despite spending half their lives on the site and being prepared to spend £100's. Look at Shine's post above for example!

Hey, you know what, I GET 'supply and demand' Floyd - even a simple bloke like me can grasp that concept but thanks for pointing it out to me in your usual rude fashion. What I don't get it that it's taken until now to realise that there were going to be empty seats either because they were ridiculously over priced in the first place or because the Olympic 'family' and sponsors couldn't be arsed to turn up leading to this current situation which favours those of you no longer working of course.

I have literally no idea what your last comment is all about and would suggest it's been lost in your usual rush to have a dig at me.

• Options
    What I don't like is the fact that it seems tickets have purposely been held back in the knowledge that Olympic fever would hit and people would be willing to pay hundreds of pounds to watch Sudan v Mongolia in the greco wrestling for 40 minutes.

No better than a tout if you ask me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think a regulated ticket exchange (similar to Viagogo etc.) would have been beneficial - perhaps LOCOG could have agreed on some strict stipulations regarding maximum re-sale prices (say 50% above face), in return for offering them the chance to be the 'official recognised ticket broker' or similar?

The touts would have been ended up using it for sure, but they appear to be involved anyway (without any of the safeguards that the above ticket exchanges offer).

Part of the 'empty seat' problem must surely also be caused by people who applied for dozens of tickets and only ended up with their least preferred ones, and may have ended up looking at the costs of travel etc. and chosen not to go at all.

Without a ticket exchange, cycling fans who ended up only with say judo tickets and judo fans who ended up with cycling tickets have no easy way of swapping them around.

there is a ticket exchange option via the official site. well in my 'bought ticket' bit for my paralympic tickets there is an option to sell them back to the official people to put back on sale.

it is simple that too many people want to go to events that dont have enough space for everyone. That's fine. my gripe was that people got tickets to multiple events in the ballot and others got nothing. I think something in their computers should have picked that up (something similar to preference settings like choosing a school etc perhaps?) however, that was ages ago, and now tickets are coming up and its like buying tickets to glastonbury again pressing refresh every 5 minutes and keeping on trying. Still think that I will get some at some point for something in the olympic park. It might just be pretty last minute and a bit more expensive than originally budgeted for! :-)
  • Options
    Ok, been sitting by the computer since 8am this morning ready to click as soon as new tickets come up. Still got nothing & about ready to give up now. Very frustrating system!
  • Options

What I don't like is the fact that it seems tickets have purposely been held back in the knowledge that Olympic fever would hit and people would be willing to pay hundreds of pounds to watch Sudan v Mongolia in the greco wrestling for 40 minutes.

Not sure how you work that out. I'm fairly sure the prices haven't changed and if you are talking about the tickets that are left seem to be in the higher price bands well that's hardly surprising that those tickets did not sell out.
  • Options
    yeah, i dont agree with that. I understand why these tickets are only becomming available now, but i do think they should perhaps go to those who applied originally in the ballot at random. They would know who has tickets to what as you have to buy them through the site.

I have no problem with the system now. My problem is with other people who are trying to buy tickets at the same time as me :-)
  • Options
    Just got two tickets for the Semi final of the wimmins basketball next Thursday. £125 a pop but if you wanna get to see something, you're gonna have to pay top dollar. Little tip, load your basket with as many tickets as possible.
  • Options
    There have been plenty of opportunities to buy sensibly priced tickets, but people missed the boat, trying to buy tickets now is like trying to buy a Glastonbury ticket half way through the event, or a ticket for the Rolling Stone/Coldplay/Lady Gaga a couple of days before the concert.

Firstly, when the initial ballot happened, some people only bid for the most popular events such as the opening ceremony, 100m final and cycling finals, and then were surprised when they got nothing.

Then there have been several opportunities since then to buy sensibly priced tickets, including events in the Olympic park, e.g. I picked up a wonmen's basketball ticket for £35 in May, and was at Earls Court this morning for some Volleyball (£30). There were £30/40 Hockey tickets available around this period.

I would have loved to get athletics, sadly I didn't, but have enjoyed going to see other sports I wouldn't normally see
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    colthe3rd said:

Not sure how you work that out. I'm fairly sure the prices haven't changed and if you are talking about the tickets that are left seem to be in the higher price bands well that's hardly surprising that those tickets did not sell out.
    Simple really.A 'one cell' at work,who incidentally is now the authority on mens synchronised diving,managed last week to bag two tickets for the pool at a staggering £150 each! Well chuffed he was

Guess who was sitting right very next to him?
    A fella and his missus who payed £35 in the original ballot.

This whole ticketing thing is a bit of a sham.

• Options
    Mmmm, food for thought indeed , carly
  • Options
    Something put me off trying to buy tickets when they first came on sale....

You wouldn't splash out on a theatre or a football ticket without knowing at least the 'block' it was in, if not even the actual seat (regardless of your budget).

However as I understand it, the Olympics tickets were sold solely on the basis of price points, with no indication given as to where in the actual stadium the seat would be. Thus what is/was to stop LOCOG selling thousands of premium-priced tickets for the most sought-after events (eg. Mens 100m), and then on arrival leaving some ticketholders wondering why their seats aren't in a 'premium position'? Similarly who knows whether they have sold any of the standard-priced tickets at all?

I took the view that if I was going to see a new sport for the first and probably only time (eg. gymnastics, volleyball) then I would be willing to splash out as a one-off treat to ensure I would have great seats that would allow me to appreciate the skill level from close hand. The ticket website didn't allow me to do that and I wasn't willing to risk paying a couple of hundred quid for average seats.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Simple really.A 'one cell' at work,who incidentally is now the authority on mens synchronised diving,managed last week to bag two tickets for the pool at a staggering £150 each! Well chuffed he was

Guess who was sitting right very next to him?
    A fella and his missus who payed £35 in the original ballot.

This whole ticketing thing is a bit of a sham.

Unfortunately there were no tickets on sale for £35 so that can't be correct.
    The prices were £450, £295, £225, £185, £125, £95, £90, £50 & £30.