Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic tickets

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Uncle Len - I paid 30 per adult and the childrens ages for the children.

What your 10 year old was charged more than your 8 year old for exactly the same seat?
    Fascist Olympic policy strikes again - ordinary 16 year olds dont stand a chance.

• Options
    No as it was it was all adults and thankfully nobody checked.

Not really.
  • Options
    Just secured tickets for Paralympic athletics at Olympic Stadium - £10 each, fiver for my senior Mum! I realise we'll probably need a telescope to see anything but I'm well chuffed :-)

I wanted to get Orbit tickets as well but the only ones that were available are either during the events we'll be watching or very late in the evening. Does anyone know if it'll be possible to get tickets nearer the time/on the day?
  • Options
    There's always the marathon route, the triathlon, the swimming marathon - all free.
  • Options
    Does para Olympics have an opening ceremony ?
  • Options
    Went to south Korea vs Gabon at wembley today. Nearly 77,000 there but I'm afraid to say it was one of the worst games I've ever seen!
  • Options
    AlexAnder said:

but I'm afraid to say it was one of the worst games I've ever seen!

You sound surprised!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

AlexAnder said:

You sound surprised!

Didnt really know what to expect, but was hoping for better!
  • Options
    AlexAnder said:

AlexAnder said:

You sound surprised!

Didn't watch it myself but do you think
    GB will turn them over easily Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am going to wembley next week. Don't know who's playing : Senegal v someone? Any ideas?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

AlexAnder said:

AlexAnder said:

You sound surprised!

Didn't watch it myself but do you think
    GB will turn them over easily Saturday?
    I think they will yes. South Korea had some nice build up play but no real end product - Park Chu Young of Arsenal missed quite a few good chances. Fancy GB to win to nil if I'm honest, should have a lot more quality in the final third with Sturridge, Bellamy and Giggs.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm guessing Mexico as they're in the same group as S Korea who GB are playing. Apologies if I'm wrong though.

Edit: Just checked it is Mexico.
  • Options
    Was at the tennis today, centre court, decent seats for the £55 price, especially as I got to see a great game between Hewitt and Djokovic, and saw Murray win.

There were some empty seats which was disappointing, clearly these were international/corporate seats.

On the outside courts things are more complicated, as the tickets cover general entrance, and people have to choice of outside courts (or indeed Henman Hill) so there will be empty seats at some courts.
  • Options
    13 athletics sessions available tonight at 10.30. I requested all of them over different requests & got zilch.
    2 more hours wasted. Only £450 left now & they're probably not there either !
  • Options
    same as you mate, not happy kept giving me that 15 minutes crap half hour later no tickets found
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Never mind. I've only been trying for about 18 months for athletics tickets. Probably a couple of hundred attempts, with a £150 maximum.
  • Options
    yep, tried last night too got in the queue which said 15 minutes for about 35 mins and it didn't go down at all and then it said it couldn't find any for the sessions we selected. what's frustrating is that you can't add to your basket for the same session 50, 95 and 150 tickets which we were willing to pay and then when one band isn't available it should go on to the next price band to search. instead you have to pluck sessions and amounts and hope for the best and then by the time you've stared at that logo for much longer than 15 minutes and it tells you it can't find any tickets all hope of the other price bands for that session have gone.

hoping some more come up tonight or throughout the day so we can try again.
  • Options

Never mind. I've only been trying for about 18 months for athletics tickets. Probably a couple of hundred attempts, with a £150 maximum.

Dunno what you're moaning about CE. I mean it's easy to get tickets to events you want to see as others have taken the trouble to point out to Len and others on here. Yeah right...
  • Options
    Mine cost £150 for the evening athletics session on Saturday - I'll be getting there when it opens in the morning to get my money's worth. I'll aim to use every toilet and watch something on every screen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People do love to have a moan!. Tickets were available up until last month for pretty much every single event, plenty of us have been posting info about that fact throughout the year!
  • Options
    got my tickets
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I spent most of the day yesterday at the Olympic Park (I watched two hockey matches in the morning and a handball match in the afternoon (for which I managed to get a ticket for a fiver)).

Very impressed by the place and the people (Gamesmakers) working there.

I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I have tickets for Wembley next week (Woman's Gold medal match) but will now try and get some tickets for the Paralympic Games, just to go back to the Olympic Park. It is well worth a visit.
  • Options

I spent most of the day yesterday at the Olympic Park (I watched two hockey matches in the morning and a handball match in the afternoon (for which I managed to get a ticket for a fiver)).

Very impressed by the place and the people (Gamesmakers) working there.

I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I have tickets for Wembley next week (Woman's Gold medal match) but will now try and get some tickets for the Paralympic Games, just to go back to the Olympic Park. It is well worth a visit.

Was that £5 ticket from a tout. Are there many touts there?

• Options
    shine166 said:

People do love to have a moan!. Tickets were available up until last month for pretty much every single event, plenty of us have been posting info about that fact throughout the year!

Maybe so but some of us don't have £400+ to spend on a couple of hours entertainment do we? Why is it every other media outlet and everyone else I've spoke to is reporting on the difficulties getting tickets and has been since they were released but on CL we prefer to pretend everythings been hassle free and use the opportunity to dig people out instead?

Weird....
  • Options
    He says ..... digging out CL.
  • Options
    I sympathize enormously with you guys unable to get tickets for our chosen events. Despite the best efforts of Greenwich Council and Locog with poor information, non-returned phone calls and general mayhem, we consider ourselves extremely fortunate to get our hands on the two tickets we originally set out to buy, for the track cycling today.

There's no doubt the ticketing has been shambolic, but I suspect that Coe and Johnson will be honoured with some royal favour which allows them to drive cattle over London Bridge during the rush hour. One thing's for sure there'll be no apology from these two.
    The warning signs were there for everyone to see from the minute the tickets went on sale.

I've witnessed my country win the World Cup at Wembley, seen my club win at Wembley and yesterday saw one of my all time heroes, Bradley Wiggins, achieve near immortality.

It don't get much better than this.

It's a shame that the velodrome roof doesn't open because I think it's going to get raised at this afternoons' event. I'm leaving to get there as early as possible to soak it all up and savour the event.

Bring it on Team GB.
  • Options
    hope you have a fab time!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    "There is no doubt the ticketing has been shambolic"

Really?

I keep hearing this get trotted out, but I am yet to hear of one single method that would have been better. Easy to criticise, but people were always going to miss out unless we built million seater venues.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ok - millions of Joe Public have got tickets for events.

Demand was always going to outstrip supply so why the surprise that you could not and cannot get tickets.
    The cheaper tickets are always gonna sell out first - like on a plane you might not be able to get a seat in economy for 150 quid, but there are plenty still available in business class for 1500 quid.

That you couldnt get cheap tickets and are not prepared to pay 400quid is because plenty of other people did get cheap tickets.

Can someone please list in simple terms a better way they could have sold the tickets.