Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic tickets

Comments

• £1500 for the closing ceremony anyone?

I'd want a car there and back, to present the medal, to receive the medal, a padded chair, the national anthem, meet the queen, chicken in a basket, 2 glasses of wine and a party bag to take home for that amount.

£995 tickets available for the past 2 weeks.
    BARGAIN!!!!

I'm not actually complaining, just informing people of the situation and letting them know that tickets have been released. I can only go on specific days and in the evenings so thats why I can't buy anything, plus money is quite tight so I'd rather spend £150 on something i'd love to see rather than £80 on something I'm not as fussed about. Seems you can't even comment on the olympics without people jumping down your throat and assuming you're moaning about it. I will get to the olympics, I entered the ballot, i've been checking the tickets page daily, i've got 3 different screens on my pc watching cycling, rowing and archery at the same time plus the bbc live text update and checking twitter. I will get there!!
    Stop moaning
  • Jeez, calm down - just adding information to your post!
  • PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Good to see ordinary sports fans finding it so easy to get tickets.....

Well I got some
    And me. Did you want to go Len ?

How much did you pay?

If you can pay into the hundreds for a ticket then yes they are obviously available.

Before the bid and all that we were promised that this would be an event for "Ordinary Londoners" though.

From what I can see that is not really the case.

To answer your question I would have liked to go to the athletics if I could take the time off work, get there easily and afford a ticket but the likelihood of all that was about the same as my playing for Charlton so I did not seriously consider it.
  • ''From what I can see that is not really the case.''

Take your blinkers off then, Len.
  • LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

If you can pay into the hundreds for a ticket then yes they are obviously available.

Before the bid and all that we were promised that this would be an event for "Ordinary Londoners" though.

To answer your question I would have liked to go to the athletics if I could take the time off work, get there easily and afford a ticket but the likelihood of all that was about the same as my playing for Charlton so I did not seriously consider it.
    Damn you Locog for not building a 5m seater stadium for each event!
  • colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

Why do they need a 5m seater stadium when the existing one has empty seats?
  • edited August 2012
    colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

;-)

Oh, I've just checked and tickets just been released for the Women's gold medal match at Wembley - more than 20 available right this second. Tickets also still available for lots of other football matches
  • LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

Not public seating though
  • colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

Thank you for making my point!

"An event for Ordinary Londoners"
  • LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

Tens of thousands were able to get seats for opening and closing ceremonies for £20.
    Personally I've bought football Hockey and Swimming tickets in the past 7 days because I was too stupid to bid in the first place. none of my tickets cost more than £40.
  • Sponsored links:

• Len wanted to go to the athletics but decided not to apply in the end because, a) he gave up without trying and b) realised the Olympic Fascists wouldn't have let him park his car next to the finish line.

Now he is trapped inside his own home with only Charlton Life and a tin of beans for company, so please go easy on him people.
  • LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

And thank you for making mine. Reality is that sponsors get a selection of the best tickets, is that right? Well its debateable but they do pour millions into the IOC and the Olympic games so indirectly they are paying for those seats. Still though there are plenty of seats still on sale, even if all the venues had no corporate seating chances are the majority of them would still sell out and people would still be moaning that they couldn't get any. Demand outstrips supply. But don't let all that get in the way of your own agenda, carry on. I'm quite happy knowing I've been to the velodrome this year, been to the olympic park for one of the opening ceremony rehersals, saw some football and road race cycling.
  • Off_it said:

Len wanted to go to the athletics but decided not to apply in the end because, a) he gave up without trying and b) realised the Olympic Fascists wouldn't have let him park his car next to the finish line.

Now he is trapped inside his own home with only Charlton Life and a tin of beans for company, so please go easy on him people.

It takes years of dedicated training, determination and sacrifice to achieve this level of pointless negativity. you have to admire this Gold Medal level of moaning in the face of facts.

Brilliant stuff, we are top of the world at last!
  • it was much easier getting tickets at the London'48 games

True but it was almost impossible to crack one out over the beach volleyball back in the olden days. It was the 50s before the revealing ankle-showing swim suits came in.
  • LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

God you must lead a sad and boring life.

I am very calm ta. my post wasn't aimed at you, had just quoted you tis all.
  • On a serious note, I think the initial allocation was done as well as it could have been. Demand exceeded supply. Where they have been a bit slow on the uptake is anticipating that the great and the good and the media (far more than sponsors) can't always be arsed to show up. If there'd been an efficient way of fairly re-distributing empty seats at the gate, it would have shut all the noise down. Wimbledon does it every year and it works brilliantly - trying to manage it through the clunky online system was never going to be satisfactory.
  • LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

Glad to see your tolerance for differing opinions.

• LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

It's not the fact you have a different opinion, it's the way you go about expressing them. Talking about being locked in your house, saying you have no chance of getting tickets when quite frankly there are thousands of people who have got cheap tickets for good events. It all just comes across rather over-dramatic.

• LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

It's not the fact you have a different opinion, it's the way you go about expressing them. Talking about being locked in your house, saying you have no chance of getting tickets when quite frankly there are thousands of people who have got cheap tickets for good events. It all just comes across rather over-dramatic.

Had you bothered to read what I wrote it was a disabled family member imprisoned in their home but then that wouldn't have allowed you a dig would it?

Perhaps it would though judging by the standards of posters (not you0 on the Leon Knight thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

PL54 said:

colthe3rd said:

LenGlover said:

Well I got some

How much did you pay?

Had you bothered to read what I wrote it was a disabled family member imprisoned in their home but then that wouldn't have allowed you a dig would it?

Perhaps it would though judging by the standards of posters (not you0 on the Leon Knight thread.
    Admittedly I did miss the fact it was a disabled family member, so apologies for that.
    I just find it odd that people can't get behind the greatest sporting event we are ever likely to see, even if it means a little bit of extra inconvenience for all of us. Anyway each to their own.

• I watched a bit of Heather Watson versus some screeching banshee at half time last night and the stadium was well over half empty. For a GB athlete!

So methinks something could have been done better.

Incidentally the eventing was totally rammed in Greenwich Park. There was a 4mile course and barely a spot with a view apart from in the 20k plus seated stadium. So if that looked well empty it doesn't mean there were unsold tickets. £55 quid if you were lucky enough to get them. But at the tennis you can't watch from any other vantage point and i dont think 10000 people all shot off to the loo at set point - so either loads of people paid but couldn't be arsed to go ( not your typical ordinary Londoner then) or tickets weren't sold. I didn't apply so don't know what the prices were.

I am very calm ta. my post wasn't aimed at you, had just quoted you tis all.
    Phew!
    Doesnt Greenwich look stunning in the TV coverage?

• edited August 2012
    Yep! brimming with pride at work that somewhere I live near looks so impressive!
  • I wanted to watch gymnastics, applied for all rounds in first ballot and got nothing. Couldn't afford to bid for anything in second round but do have some spare cash now, although not enough to fork out around £100 a ticket. Maybe if they had been cheaper then they would have sold them all easy. However, I've been glued to the TV every afternoon and must say I'm probably enjoying it more than I would have done sitting in the rafters in the £20 seats! Going to look at paralympics tickets just because I want to go to the park, much more affordable.
  • Uncle Len - I paid 30 per adult and the childrens ages for the children.
  • PL54 said:

Uncle Len - I paid 30 per adult and the childrens ages for the children.

I got tickets for the football for a similar price.
  • Wilma, I can't wait till 4.30pm today, trying to work out if i can leave work early to get home and watch the final rather than missing most of it on the journey home. Last few nights i've managed to log on to watch online on my iphone so maybe i'll do that - I managed to see Phelps last night as I was walking home from the bus stop!
  • edited August 2012
    Wilma said:

I wanted to watch gymnastics, applied for all rounds in first ballot and got nothing. Couldn't afford to bid for anything in second round but do have some spare cash now, although not enough to fork out around £100 a ticket. Maybe if they had been cheaper then they would have sold them all easy. However, I've been glued to the TV every afternoon and must say I'm probably enjoying it more than I would have done sitting in the rafters in the £20 seats! Going to look at paralympics tickets just because I want to go to the park, much more affordable.

Exactly out thoughts Wilma.
    Disappointed not to be sampling the atmosphere in these magnificent sporting arenas that have been constructed, so a few of us are booking weekends with paralympic tickets. My partner has a distant family member representing Brazil, for added excitement!
  • Wilma, I can't wait till 4.30pm today, trying to work out if i can leave work early to get home and watch the final rather than missing most of it on the journey home. Last few nights i've managed to log on to watch online on my iphone so maybe i'll do that - I managed to see Phelps last night as I was walking home from the bus stop!

Leave early or find a big screen? Not sure what they choose to show though with so much choice. Hopefully Southeastern will be working tonight!