Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic tickets

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

Stig said:

It's no surprise these events haven't sold out when they are asking for 455 notes for swimming on Wednesday

Pure greed

That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't find anything of interest for less than £100. There's no way on Earth I could afford to take a family of four, I haven't had a pay rise for 3 years.
    There are loads of Paralympic tickets left, and at very reasonable prices.
    But to be fair, it is not exactly the same as watching the main olympics.

Gld you said that MrOneLung......but you are right

To be fair you've got a better chance of seeing Team GB win a Gold, we won six more than the USA in Beijing 2008 and finished second in the final medal table.
    Yeah but I dont want to see someone win Paralympic gold

I want to see sonmeone win Olympic gold.

Well how nice of you....I guess disabled people aren't someone then?

That's not what he meant at all and you know it. FWIW I have no interest in the paralympics at all - does that somehow make me a bad person?
  • edited July 2012
    No Leroy, I don't know it.....that's why I asked....I wasn't sure but I fully accept the explaination.....though I find it a bit sad........but then I do have very real personal reasons for feeling that way.
  • PopIcon said:

This, £10 a ticket for the Athletics, not to be sniffed at..£6 delivery charge though, ouch.
    Do you get the all zones travel card with the Paralympic tickets ?

I find the tickets site hard to use. Sometimes it says sessions/price categories are available but when you go to add to your order it's not the case. I desperately want to go to events but it's difficult to figure out what's available.
  • Yep, free travelcards with Paralympic tickets.

Quite a few Athletics and Swimming tickets still available, the Velodrome is sold out as expected.
  • se9addick said:

PopIcon said:

This, £10 a ticket for the Athletics, not to be sniffed at..£6 delivery charge though, ouch.

I find the tickets site hard to use. Sometimes it says sessions/price categories are available but when you go to add to your order it's not the case. I desperately want to go to events but it's difficult to figure out what's available.

on the right hand side of the events section, underneath Important infomation it says...... 'We can only search for the tickets you have requested once you click Request tickets on your shopping list.If they are still available, they will then be reserved for you' :)
  • you have to click on every sport, and then if the available options - if available - come up on a drop down arrow in white for you to select.

We're going to the athletics at the Paralympics but I'd still love to get the chance to go to something in the olympics and check every evening/morning just in case some tickets come up and I can get to an event.
  • You probably missed the boat by a couple of weeks, I remember on this board a couple of months ago encouraging people to buy tickets for events within the Olympic park (e.g. handball, basketball, hockey), as that way you get to experience the full Olympic atmosphere, I picked up a cheap women's basketball ticket that way.
  • I took your advice killerandflash, am going tomorrow to see 2 games of men's hockey including a GB game and 2 games of women's handball which I have been really enjoying.
  • You probably missed the boat by a couple of weeks, I remember on this board a couple of months ago encouraging people to buy tickets for events within the Olympic park (e.g. handball, basketball, hockey), as that way you get to experience the full Olympic atmosphere, I picked up a cheap women's basketball ticket that way.

yeah, it seems that no matter how often I check or get the emails telling me that tickets are available I miss the boat repeatedly.

My fury will reach top levels on Friday if there are spare seats at wimbledon for the session that I applied for and was willing to pay a lot of money at the time.
  • you have to click on every sport, and then if the available options - if available - come up on a drop down arrow in white for you to select.

We're going to the athletics at the Paralympics but I'd still love to get the chance to go to something in the olympics and check every evening/morning just in case some tickets come up and I can get to an event.

Not as simple as that....search by Venue & atheltic tickets are available....however search for atheltics and none appear...filter searches by evening sessions and another atheltics one appeared which didn't previously.

100m final tickets now available for £725.

You need to exhaustively try every option and by then you miss the boat.

• Sponsored links:

• The website/allocation & everything about the tickets have been a complete shambles & disgrace from start to finish.

Granted I got tickets for boxing & basketball. However, I must have honestly searched hundreds of times for athletics tickets, even being told tickets were available & gone right through the process only to find, there weren't any.

To rub salt in the wounds there are untold empty seats at nearly every event !

But, K&F, isn't basketball at the O2 not the Olympic Park?
  • WSSWSS
    edited July 2012
    Even now, it says there are swimming tickets available for tonight at £95 but you can't get to them.
  • Gymnastics at the O2, sure there's a purpose built basketball arena at the olympic park....think I read somewhere it cost £90m and they've sold it abroad after, it's being taken down, shipped and rebuilt elsewhere
  • Athletics show as available the way I'm searching too. £725. Could go to the swimming tonight for £95.....or gymnastics for £185.....
  • Says that Suze, but when you go through it says tickets aren't available.
  • I think the basketball arena is only being used for the group games, the quarter finals onwards are at the O2 North Greenwich Arena
  • I think someones just snapped them up as they've gone searching the other way too. That's even more outrageous if things dont show up on a basic search but on alternative searches they do.
  • I am trying to resell Semi Final footy tickets and the customer services is awful. Phone line has been down for 3 days and nobody replies to emails.

• colthe3rd said:

I think the basketball arena is only being used for the group games, the quarter finals onwards are at the O2 North Greenwich Arena

is that because it's bigger?

• Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

I think the basketball arena is only being used for the group games, the quarter finals onwards are at the O2 North Greenwich Arena

is that because it's bigger?

I assume so, probably also because it clashes with the gymnastics at the moment
  • PL54 said:

I am trying to resell Semi Final footy tickets and the customer services is awful. Phone line has been down for 3 days and nobody replies to emails.

sell them for cost to someone that wants to attend, easiest thing to do surely ?
  • shine166 said:

PL54 said:

I am trying to resell Semi Final footy tickets and the customer services is awful. Phone line has been down for 3 days and nobody replies to emails.

sell them for cost to someone that wants to attend, easiest thing to do surely ?
    Only the original purchaser can attend. So officially you won't get in. I'd be interested to know if this is being enforced ?
  • shine166 said:

PL54 said:

Only the original purchaser can attend. So officially you won't get in. I'd be interested to know if this is being enforced ?
    I went to Wembley on Sunday, no one checked the tickets and I just scanned the bacode at the turnstile to get in
  • shine166 said:

PL54 said:

Well it wasn't at Wembley on 29th July. Just scanned the bar code and in you went. If there were checks being made it must have been just the occasional random one.
  • Yes, basketball is currently in its own area within the olympic park, but will move to the O2 for the later games.
    Handball will then move from the smaller copperbox arena into the basketball arena for its later games!
    Many of the Olympic park venues are temporary, as they can be taken down and used elsewhere. This makes more sense than having an empty handball arena after the games. The shooting building at Woolwich will be used for the Glasgow Commonwealth games.
  • edited July 2012

shine166 said:

PL54 said:

Nope, ive sold tickets for 2 events with no issue. The purchaser just needs to be able to contact you if the person on the door wants proof they were not flipped. It says on the website that you can gift them to friends or family but must be contactable on the day
  • edited July 2012
    Tickets shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any Person other than directly from LOCOG or an ATR.

Tickets purchased or obtained from or through Persons other than directly from LOCOG or an ATR and otherwise in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be VOID and may be SEIZED or CANCELLED WITHOUT REFUND OR ENTRY TO A SESSION.
    17.2 Save as set out at clauses 17.3 and 17.4 below, Tickets are STRICTLY NON-TRANSFERABLE and MUST NOT BE SOLD nor advertised for sale whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere.
    17.3 If more than one Ticket is issued to a Purchaser, those Tickets may only be used by the Purchaser and a family member, friend or colleague who is known to the Purchaser personally and who is intended to accompany the Purchaser to a Session.
    The transfer of a Ticket in this manner shall not contravene clauses 17.1 and 17.2 PROVIDED THAT:
    17.3.1 Such a transfer takes place without payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Ticket
    17.3.2 Such a transfer is subject to these Terms and Conditions; and
    17.3.3 A Purchaser will provide the name and address (and any other identification details, as required by LOCOG) of those who are intended to accompany them if asked at any time by any official, steward or employee of LOCOG or the Venue owner or any police officer.
    17.4 Tickets purchased from LOCOG may be transferred by a Purchaser to a third party via the London 2012 Ticket Resale Scheme. The transfer of a Ticket via the London 2012 Ticket Resale Scheme shall not contravene clauses 17.1
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

PL54 said:

Nope, ive sold tickets for 2 events with no issue. The purchaser just needs to be able to contact you if the person on the door wants proof they were not flipped. It says on the website that you can gift them to friends or family but must be contactable on the day
    They also don't seem to check the age specific tickets at all - or at least didn't at Wembley on Sunday.
  • edited July 2012
    What about this then ?

http://tickets.london2012.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31642/kw/gift friends tickets

Our ticketing policy states that tickets are non-transferable. However, providing you as the lead booker are contactable on the day in case of query, a member of your family or a friend may use tickets you can no longer use. Alternatively, you can submit your tickets for resale at face value through the official London 2012 ticket resale programme. This is the only authorised way you will be able to submit your tickets for resale.'

Tickets shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any Person other than directly from LOCOG or an ATR.

Tickets purchased or obtained from or through Persons other than directly from LOCOG or an ATR and otherwise in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be VOID and may be SEIZED or CANCELLED WITHOUT REFUND OR ENTRY TO A SESSION.
    17.2 Save as set out at clauses 17.3 and 17.4 below, Tickets are STRICTLY NON-TRANSFERABLE and MUST NOT BE SOLD nor advertised for sale whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere.
    17.3 If more than one Ticket is issued to a Purchaser, those Tickets may only be used by the Purchaser and a family member, friend or colleague who is known to the Purchaser personally and who is intended to accompany the Purchaser to a Session.
    The transfer of a Ticket in this manner shall not contravene clauses 17.1 and 17.2 PROVIDED THAT:
    17.3.1 Such a transfer takes place without payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Ticket
    17.3.2 Such a transfer is subject to these Terms and Conditions; and
    17.3.3 A Purchaser will provide the name and address (and any other identification details, as required by LOCOG) of those who are intended to accompany them if asked at any time by any official, steward or employee of LOCOG or the Venue owner or any police officer.
    17.4 Tickets purchased from LOCOG may be transferred by a Purchaser to a third party via the London 2012 Ticket Resale Scheme. The transfer of a Ticket via the London 2012 Ticket Resale Scheme shall not contravene clauses 17.1