Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic boxing

Comments

• Options
    Taylor 2-2 after 1 round.
  • Options
    Taylor 4-3 down
  • Options
    Taylor now 7-5 up. 1round to go.
  • Options
    Covered End. Cheers for the updates. I'm on the train into work. Who is fighting later on for GB?
  • Options
    Taylor wins 10-8.1st Gold medal to Ireland I believe.
  • Options
    Que hoards of fake Irish coming out the woodwork
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Top 'o the mornin' to ya!

what a stupid comment.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Top 'o the mornin' to ya!

what a stupid comment.
    Agree, stupid remark. Why not just congratulate Taylor.

• Options
    Try the Taekwondo - great win by the Brit girl in the semi
  • Options
    oops, didn't congratulate her myself! well done girl! what support she had - what a roar!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Final's at 10.15 tonight. Should be a cracker.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

FFS, there always has to be one. So boring.

Anyway many congratulations to both Nicola and Katie - thought they were brilliant. Plus it denied both China and Russia more Golds; added bonus!
  • Options
    Great fight by Nicola Adams. Well deserved Gold.

As a "real" Irishman...gotta love Katie Taylor. Brilliant all-rounder, she's played international level in football and is an accomplished Gaelic Footballer too. Brilliant 3rd round won it for her today. Difficult to understand the weight of expectation on her today, but the support in the Excel was absolutely brilliant. Delighted for her!
  • Options
    Nicola Adams has the most endearing smile which Could compete with our very own SCP's smile. Well done Nicola and Katie.
  • Options

Nicola Adams about to enter the ring, fighting for gold.

What a star that lady is , i've never watched womens boxing before , i loved it , she was a breath of fresh air , well done Nicola!

• Options
    Cracking performance - amateur women's boxing is so much better than the professional rubbish I've seen. Technically she was very good, and plenty of guts shown by the Chinese fighter, who was outclassed, but never looked disheartened. Adams' performance is even better, considering her opponent has had the measure of her when they've fought in the past.

She's a great interview as well - biggest smile I've ever seen!

Taylor's fight was great too - I've been thoroughly impressed with all the women's bouts so far - and (odd moody result aside) the men's tournament's been pretty darn good as well.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Blimey, this Irish bird looks pretty handy!

Not one to blow my own trumpet, but ...............

;o)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I'm kind of glad that i cant seem to post on my phone late at night after the pub, how did you manage that AFKA?

So i wont call you what i tried to call you last night, about 6 times.

But a wanky comment, nonetheless.

• Options
    I was listening to Nicola Adams on Breakfast this morning... a real northern accent saying "punches in bunches" and a great big smile. I thought she was ace.

And of course Katie Taylor. Chatting to two Irish ladies in the loo at the O2 last night who had been. They were on a high. Great for Ireland.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I was listening to Nicola Adams on Breakfast this morning... a real northern accent saying "punches in bunches" and a great big smile. I thought she was ace.

And of course Katie Taylor. Chatting to two Irish ladies in the loo at the O2 last night who had been. They were on a high. Great for Ireland.

Totally agree about Adams, one of my Olympic highlights! Especially after the bad injury she had, she was laid up for months and didn't think she would box again. Top Girl.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

And of course Katie Taylor. Chatting to two Irish ladies in the loo at the O2 last night who had been. They were on a high.

Must've been a combination of ammonia and poor ventilation.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Curb_It said:

And of course Katie Taylor. Chatting to two Irish ladies in the loo at the O2 last night who had been. They were on a high.

Must've been a combination of ammonia and poor ventilation.
    hahahahaha
  • Options
    Campbell in the final
    Ogogo out. Bronze medal for him.
  • Options
    Ogogo got hammered but to get a bronze medal just weeks after your mum being in intensive care is incredible.
  • Options
    Freddie Evans in final.
  • Options
    Freddie Evans fought a great fight. Good footwork and good counter punching.
  • Options
    the days of cubans ruling boxing in every weight has gone
  • Options
    More appalling decisions from the judges.
  • Options
    Cmon AJ !
  • Options
    Great performance from Joshua