Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic boxing

Comments

• God knows how. Not a good decision.
  • I see there has been a lot of debateable decisions and that one team is appealing against the judging as he had his opponent on the floor 5 times in the last round but only won the round 12-10 and went out.

Are those boxers not seeded....I think it was 3rd ranked V 4th ranked.
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2012
    MrOneLung said:

I see there has been a lot of debateable decisions and that one team is appealing against the judging as he had his opponent on the floor 5 times in the last round but only won the round 12-10 and went out.

Was ludicrous. Japan won the appeal though and result was rightly reversed.

Ridiculous refereeing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19088420

• There's 'always' been endless controversy in Olympic boxing........ good to see the tradition is carrying on.
  • I'm going tomorrow afternoon. Someone said it's extrememly hot in there. Anyone been yet & what's it like heat wise, beer wise & food wise etc. Ta muchly. (Not sure whether to where jeans/mankini or thong).
  • went last night and it was very warm.food and drink is ok but expensive. There is some take away food on walk down to Excel which is better tasting and value.

The boxer from Japan was brilliant last night. He was a dreadful fighter but played to the crowd in the last round and deserved to eventually get victory.

Have a great time.
  • sam3110 said:

This tanzanian born swede is quite possibly the worst boxer I have ever seen!

He'd have to go some to take that accolade from Jack Bodell....The Swadlingcoat Swineherd.

• Did I read somewhere that pros will be allowed next time, headguards will be gone and they'll be using 10 point scoring? One step away from the sub WWE pantomime of pro boxing, I suspect.
  • sam3110 said:

He'd have to go some to take that accolade from Jack Bodell....The Swadlingcoat Swineherd.

Didn't Bodell somehow beat Bugner?
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

I alwasy thought that Danny McAlinden -or McAlyingdown as he was also known - was even worse than Bodell.
  • edited August 2012
    iainment said:

sam3110 said:

I alwasy thought that Danny McAlinden -or McAlyingdown as he was also known - was even worse than Bodell.
    My god we're really going down cobweb corner here...there were some shockers weren't there....anyway, I'd better keep on track as this is actually an Olympic thread.

• edited August 2012
    Ogogo GBR just starting now.
  • Ogogo just beat the World Champion !
  • Great fight but if that was anyone but a brit winning on judges choice some would be screaming home biased refs.
  • Ogogo on countback, will forgive him for silly Subway ad if he pulls out the gold
  • Ogogo just beat the World Champion !

Amazing....all equal then they ask the judges to push a red or blue button simultaneously..3-2 to GB.
  • WOW !!! FANTASTIC !!! This is turning out to be a great day for Team GB !!!!!

You seem to be the only one sharing my views
  • Ukraine have appealed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great fight but if that was anyone but a brit winning on judges choice some would be screaming home biased refs.

Just said exactly the same to one of my mates

Make you right there...The super heavy got the rub of the green v the Cuban last night as well.
  • How long does an appeal usually take ?
  • appeal thrown out
  • Was at the fight today and thought ogogo probably lost by a point but hey ho

Great atmosphere for the British and Irish fights but quiet otherwise

Cracking day out though
  • Thanks, Rothko.
  • sorry to say but how joshau beat savon and ogogo won is beyond me. not fair judging
  • the savon fight last night was ridiculous. our fella got battered in the 2nd and 3rd.
  • nolly said:

sorry to say but how joshau beat savon and ogogo won is beyond me. not fair judging

Totally agree. Savon schooled Joshua. Thought Ogogo fight was closer, but he still should have lost.

• Excellent performance by Luke Campbell to beat the Bulgarian World Champ in the Bantams and guarantee a medal. Well done son.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Ogogo in the middleweights at 9-30, Joshua in the Super Heavy's at 11-15. What time does the DLR stop running?