Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Countdown / Opening Ceremony thread

Comments

• Options
    Wow wow wow
  • Options
    Top draw.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

Are they for real ffs!!

Doreen ####ing Lawrence

Are you for real ffs, don't you understand what the Olympics, at least nominally, are about.

She is a Great Briton and given what happened fully deserves to be there.

And I, as a former resident of Eltham, think it most appropriate.

• Options
    Effing brilliant. Loved Redgrave running passed all the builders on the way into the stadium. Nice touch.
  • Options
    iainment said:

SE10 said:

Are they for real ffs!!

Doreen ####ing Lawrence

Are you for real ffs, don't you understand what the Olympics, at least nominally, are about.

She is a Great Briton and given what happened fully deserves to be there.

And I, as a former resident of Eltham, think it most appropriate.

Can someone delete that post from Se10? He obviously thinks he is logged into Charlton Loyal.

This

• Options

Can someone delete that post from Se10? He obviously thinks he is logged into Charlton Loyal.

Seriously are you surprised . The man is a cretin .
  • Options
    how bad does paul McCartney sound :(
  • Options
    No more.Lawrence chat, take it elseehere. Posts will simply be deleted.

Back to thread....
  • Options
    WOW!!!! Brilliant - makes you glad to be British. The cauldron is magnificent.
  • Options
    Superb - big well done for Boyle -and amazing finale
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, cauldron was amazing.
  • Options
    Totally amazing . Truly proud of what Danny Boyle has done .
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:

Superb - big well done for Boyle -and amazing finale

yep. Well done Susan!!
  • Options
    That cauldron is superb.
  • Options
    Fantastic. Proud to be British. If the games are as good then we are in for treat
  • Options
    Someone who went to the rehearsal the other day described it as "Gloriously Bonkers" and I don't think I could describe it better than that.

Would be interesting to see if there's any reaction from the more conservative nations to the lesbian kiss that he snuck into the celebration of film & TV.
  • Options
    MAGNIFICENT..................MAGNIFICENT.....................MAGNIFICENT. One in the eye for the doubting whingers, hope they have all fxxxed off abroad.......... Made the birds nest look like a birds nest !!
  • Options
    Just superb from start to finish.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it immensely - the time just flew by. Wish I was back in London for this.
  • Options
    Fantastic, work of genius, take a bow oh Danny Boyle.
    if there was a weak point it was, Seb Coe's speech was a bit clumsy and a missed opportunity to reach out to the world, but that is nitpicking - this was an incredible ceremony and truly British.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to the rehearsal on Monday, so glad it came across as well on tv. Brilliant. Boyle is a genius.

Proud to be British and proud to be a Londoner.
  • Options
    L
    aliwibble said:

Someone who went to the rehearsal the other day described it as "Gloriously Bonkers" and I don't think I could describe it better than that.

Would be interesting to see if there's any reaction from the more conservative nations to the lesbian kiss that he snuck into the celebration of film & TV.

I'm all for lesbian kisses . Never noticed it myself . I must be slacking .
  • Options
    What a finale to a what can only be deemed a successful and inspirational opening ceremony

Glitz glamour cheese and great british pomf and ceremony

The lighting of the caldron lit by future Olympians was truely magnificent

Danny Boyle was brave bold ambitious and visionary

The red arrows , the bell ringing , the queen parachuting ,
  • Options
    No point in trying to get anywhere near Beijing in terms of sustained awesomeness, so it was really good to see it a bit quirky.
    Also a bit political and a bit daring...what with the industrialists ruining the green and pleasant land and turning happy rustics into dirty sweating downtrodden drones.
    Also big up the public services via the NHS, was the dream/nightmare about cuts in the public services?
    It will probably be more a 'memorable' experience for me rather than one that beats you into a pulp at the time, as Beijing was.
  • Options
    Brilliant!
  • Options

L

aliwibble said:

I'm all for lesbian kisses . Never noticed it myself . I must be slacking .
    A clip from brookside, I think.
  • Options
    Brilliant. Bond with HRH and Mr Bean was just bloody genius. Well done Danny Boyle.
  • Options
    Loved it.Except for Mohamed Ali why o why o why-------The Greatest and its traggic to see him like that.

Seb Coes speach was spot on.
  • Options

Loved it.Except for Mohamed Ali why o why o why-------The Greatest and its traggic to see him like that.

Seb Coes speach was spot on.

I thought it was poignant but wonderful to see him there, a tear did well up though.
  • Options
    Utterly brilliant. Also thought the music and Beckham cruising down the Thames was great. Flash swine. I wonder what they cut out then?