Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Batman - The Dark Knight Rises [Spoilers may be included]

So who's seen it? Did it live up to your expectation?

Saw it myself on Monday and thought it was a great film with the right ending, didn't drag it on like the new spider-man film when you just wanted it to end. Leaves the door for a new batman film to be made where also it's a great finish to the trilogy.

Comments

• Options
    Thought it was brilliant and the ending was excellent! However some bits confused me such as how he managed to get from the prison back to Gotham City so quickly
  • Options
    I liked it, Christopher Nolan is by far the best filmmaker making blockbusters today. I was entertained throughout.

Having said that it was a big dissapointment in comparison to The Dark Knight. I felt it wasn't paced very well, it was quite rushed. Too many big action scenes were cramped into it but they never really got a chance to breathe. They were gone in a flash. The Dark Kinght seemed as realistic as possible for a superhero film, yet there were some noticeable holes in this one and the desire to make it bigger and better got a bit too ridiculous at points.

Still, better than Avengers and Spider-man put together. I'm being critical here.
  • Options
    I thought Avengers was better myself but each to their own.
  • Options

Thought it was brilliant and the ending was excellent! However some bits confused me such as how he managed to get from the prison back to Gotham City so quickly

And where he was shot then could run anywhere also the same with the commissioner leaving hospital then jumping about but overall it didn't ruin the film so was still amazing. There's a rumor going around that Robin will be known as the new batman and Bruce Wayne said earlier in the film that any one can be the Batman as it's just a symbol. Thought they handled the Robin thing really well and wow Cat Woman? I fell in love!
  • Options

And where he was shot then could run anywhere also the same with the commissioner leaving hospital then jumping about but overall it didn't ruin the film so was still amazing. There's a rumor going around that Robin will be known as the new batman and Bruce Wayne said earlier in the film that any one can be the Batman as it's just a symbol. Thought they handled the Robin thing really well and wow Cat Woman? I fell in love!
    When she was riding the bike near the end... Just WOW!
  • Options
    Just seen it, and it is brilliant, loved the villan bain, he's voice freaked me out !
    The ending is brilliant,
    Christian Bale is a great actor .
    Sooo many twists that fit in well with the film, a must watch if you haven't seen it yet do it now !
  • Options
    And Just to see Catwomens ass in tight black latex suit, is worth the tenner alone.
  • Options

Just seen it, and it is brilliant, loved the villan bain, he's voice freaked me out !
    The ending is brilliant,
    Christian Bale is a great actor .
    Sooo many twists that fit in well with the film, a must watch if you haven't seen it yet do it now !

I just remember going "Nooooo way!" when the lady was like "you should use your first name, I like it... Robin". But yeah do see it if we don't ruin it. One of/if not the best films I've seen this year. Can't wait for Ted now.
  • Options
    thought it was very poor and parts didn't fit together properly, as Tewkesbury Addick said getting from the prison to Gotham so quickly, however I'm not a fan of superhero films in general so it may just be me...
  • Options
    When Bane seized the reactor, it was mentioned that they had about 5 months before it blew up. That gives Bruce enough time for a return trip from anywhere in the world.

So he didnt travel that quick, great film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah but during that 5 months he had his spine punched back into his body and had to recover from that...
  • Options
    Absolute awesome super hero movie! Loved it!
  • Options
    I enjoyed the film although thought it was a little long especially for younger children. Would have been good to make it longer and split it into 2 films.

I loved the ending, tied it up nicely but with enough there to make more.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

It took 5 months and I'm sure he escaped with like a month to go!
  • Options
    Saw this yesterday in glorious iMax.

Bane was brilliant. A complete menace.
  • Options
    Superb film, very well made.
    Bane was superb, even if he did sound like Brian Blessed at times!
  • Options
    Not reading other comments due to possible spoilers but really want to. Going to see it this weekend. Watched Batman Begins again the other night and probably going to watch Dark Knight again tonight to get ready.
  • Options
    I thought it was disappointing and not as good as the dark night. CB and AH are good actors but completely unsexy. Also thought it a little too long. 6/10
  • Options
    Excellent film, maybe not quite as good as the middle one, partially because the Joker is the primo bat villain. Enjoyed catwoman riding the batchopper doggy style.

Laugh out loud predictable end, completely telegraphed from early in the film.
  • Options
    I thought it was great ... really enjoyed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Christopher Nolan is by far the best filmmaker making blockbusters today.

Definitely
  • Options
    I thought it was absolutley superb! The film flew by and I did not want it to end. Loved the score too. Perfection. Saying that if you are not a batman fan then you may think otherwise.
  • Options
    Easily the worst of the three, lots of plot holes. No memorable wow moments like the truck in dark knight. Bane, for example, has a fist fight planned for batman having destroyed the stock exchange and blown up Gotham.
  • Options
    Superb film, very well made.
    Bane was superb, even if he did sound like Brian Blessed at times!
    Yes very BB sounding also certain words made me think Winston Churchill

But was a great film cant wait for the next one.
  • Options
    Next one?
  • Options
    Loved it, probably just preferred Dark Knight though...maybe due to 'The Joker' being a better villain than 'Bane'.

I liked Bane but at times he just reminded me too much of Darth Vader without his mask. hahaha
  • Options

Next one?

Yes, it's going to be called the Leon Knight Rises. Batman does battle with an ex Gillingham player who abuses people on Twitter. It's a battle he can't win, but that won't stop him trying.
  • Options
    Nolan's Batman trilogy has gone the same way as the original Star Wars trilogy: First is great, second is amazing, third is ok. Bane sounded like Sean Connery playing Darth Vader and he wasn't as well written as the Joker(And you knew two things were going to happen: the bat was going to get his back broke and Bane's mask thing was going to get fucked up). JGL's character was superfluous and didn't add much to the film apart from the possibility of being able to make more money from Robin films and Marion Collitard was very unconvincing as Talia Al Ghul. But it was still a decent film, just not up to the standard of the previous two.
  • Options
    Saw it last night and I did enjoy it.

But like others have said, not as good as the previous 2 in my opinion. But doesn't make it a bad film at all.
  • Options
    Watched it Sunday and really enjoyed it. Just wish the seats at the Greenwich IMAX were more comfortable. ouch.