Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle game at 1:30

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
WHY???

If you cannot have a 3pm Saturday game then surely the next best thing is 3pm Sunday? Why on earth this odd time?

Being Mother's Day lunchtime just compounds things all the more.

Comments

• Options
    well why dont you take that box they are offering 10 of you for 100 quid in each am sure mothers everywhere would like a bit of corporte wining and dining.
  • Options
    100+Vat = 117.50 each, compared to normal Mothers day meal of a £9.99 KFC bargain bucket....
  • Options
    what a lovely son you are!

good idea b, could take my two nans too!
  • Options
    Mothers Day is Shit. Football Wins hands Down!
  • Options
    Thats an awful attitude ns_eb_rj_s?,your mother must come before Charlton,surely?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]what a lovely son you are!

LOL. Keeps her happy!

I'd do it Saturday but I was meant to be going straight from the Valley to Blackheath Rugby Club....!!

Oh well, Mother will still be there next year...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]what a lovely son you are!

good idea b, could take my two nans too!

Any real mother understands the importance of football!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Any real mother understands the importance of football!
    Stu, mine does, but unfortunately she's already made plans with my Grandmothers (well at least with the one that's compos mentis), and cancelling now would mean being significantly out of pocket.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]100+Vat = 117.50 each, compared to normal Mothers day meal of a £9.99 KFC bargain bucket....[/quote]

Actually Sooze, that is a pretty sound suggestion.

It worked 3 years ago when Medders and Mrs came up for the newcastle game which incidentally was MD weekend.

Ran out of suggestions when the pubs were full, drove miles with a screaming kid at the back so Medders suggested KFC.

The mother in question was more than happy with KFC.

She would the fat ****.

Good choice fella!
    -------------------------------------
    As for my mum, she don't like eating out.

Cue Goodness gracious me sketch....

"Why eat out when you can make it at home"
    "Samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Aubergine"

See you at Watford Sooze
  • Options
    all though who see this as a problem why not just take the old duffer out in the evening. Problem solved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My main point is not that it is MD, but why choose such an odd time anyway?

3pm is the time-honoured kick-off time of preference, what on earth is 1:30 all about??
  • Options
    I have a problem with this bloody change...found out yesterday that apparently I am 'in charge' of my two year olds appreciation of his mother on this day (why? she's not my mum and he doesn't know anything about it, so surely would be better to leave it a couple of years?), meaning that I now find myself in the sticky situation of not being able to offer evening dining as he is in bed by 7.30....and she's not impressed with the idea of either breakfast out or a late lunch... I have offered her the chance to enjoy some quality time with her son (say from about 1pm to 4pm or so), but again that went down like a cup of cold sick..... I can see it all going wrong and me missing the game. Bastards.
  • Options
    Bloody hell it was mothers day against them last year and went down like a lead ballon then as well.
  • Options
    at two years old he wont really know who she is as homer would say its not like they have had time to get attached