Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bill Gallagher

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Got chatting to a bloke in the Lower West last night (he told me he was Charlie Wright's nephew) and he said that Bill Gallagher is very seriously ill in the QE hospital.

I wondered whether it might be appropiate to send some sort of message of appreciation from us the fans for his work over many years. Maybe via Henry in his capacity as fans rep?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    can you explain to some of us young chickos who Bill Gallagher is Len ?
  • Options
    Succeeded Charlie Hall (if I remember rightly) as physio in approx 1980 and trained Jimmy Hendrie who was physio through the nineties.

I never met him personally but I'm sure there are other posters of a certain age who will remember him and maybe met him.
  • Options
    ..correct Len, has been connected to Charlton for many many years
  • Options
    Len, do you have any more details? Contact me on my e-mail or ring me if you have the number from previous e-mails.

Certainly would like to do something if nothing has happened already.
  • Options
    I've posted on here all I know really Henry.
  • Options
    OK, I know some of the staff at QEH and have contacted the club. I'll let you know what happens.
  • Options
    Just to let you know I've contacted the club and the hospital. CAFC we will be sending some flowers. As soon as I find out which ward I will post up the details in case people want to send personal messages.
  • Options
    Thanks Henry.

Just a small correction to my earlier post. Bill was ASSISTANT physio to Charlie Hall until Charlie retired round about 1987.
  • Options
    I spoke to the Former Players Assoc and they will also be sending a card. Only problem is that there are FIVE Bill Gallaghers at QEH just now so we're not sure which one it is. Anyone know his DOB?
  • Options
    Would it be possible to identify him via his illness?

Have no idea of a DOB he must be 60 plus by now though I would think looking at old team photos from the 80s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, confidentiality.
  • Options
    Send all 5 of them cards, poor sods...
  • Options
    Our Bill is in ward 2 in case anyone wants to send a card
  • Options
    sorry to hear about bills illness.
    i used to play sunday morning football and our home ground was greenwich borough, where he was the physio for their kent league team in 1990ish.
    he was so dedicated that he would come to the ground every sunday and treat any players with any niggles despite not being paid or having any affiliation to our club. in fact the only thing us cloggers had in common with the kent league outfit was we used the same pitch.
    last time i saw him was at a bookies at blackheath standard about 10 years ago.

get well soon bill.
  • Options
    I remember going to see Bill a handful of times for rehabilitation after I broke my leg when I was about 15. As PBS said above he was a very enthusiastic fella and would help anyone always without pay!

Get well soon Bill!