Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• My wife makes me watch it, but I don’t like it at all. Please don’t tell her. 
  • edited April 2019

Has Stephen Graham ever played a good Samaritan ? Or does he just play baddies.

As his character gave the nod for the police woman to be eliminated, why is there speculation that he may still be a good cop? 

• Has Stephen Graham ever played a good Samaritan ? Or does he just play baddies.

As his character gave the nod for the police woman to be eliminated, why is there speculation that he may still be a good cop? 
    Tommy in Snatch possibly? 

• Has Stephen Graham ever played a good Samaritan ? Or does he just play baddies.

He played the detective superintendent in charge of the case in Little Boy Blue, about the murder of Rhys Jones, but that's the only good guy role I can personally think of.
  • Just watched first episode of series 5 and read this thread. I've forgotten so much from the previous series. Have I got time for a binge-watch before episode 2?
  • 23 episodes in total series 1-4 = 23 hours before Sunday.

technically you’ve got time to watch it all 4 times over
  • Just watched first episode of series 5 and read this thread. I've forgotten so much from the previous series. Have I got time for a binge-watch before episode 2?
    6x1hr episodes in series 4.

You could argue he gave them the nod to take her away, not kill her. Has he physically taken part in any illegal activity? You didn’t see him take gear, he wasn’t at the the hijacking and he drove off when they did the drug deals.
    23 episodes in total series 1-4 = 23 hours before Sunday.

technically you’ve got time to watch it all 4 times over
    Just watched first episode of series 5 and read this thread. I've forgotten so much from the previous series. Have I got time for a binge-watch before episode 2?
    6x1hr episodes in series 4.
    Both our answers are correct, depending on if “previous series” was singular or plural  :D
  • rikofold said:
    Bag 'o shyte.

Oh. And the guilty party is DCI Fleming.

Is DI Fleming married? Does her maiden name begin with H?
    Fleming is her married name, they had split (series 2 I think) but last night seemed to show they're back together.
    Maybe her maiden name is H?
    I believe it was ‘casually’ dropped in last series that her middle name begins with H, something is telling me it’s Helen
    It can't be her because Dot's dying declaration was to her. I mean, was he really letting her in on the secret she was the dodgy top dog?? 
    Who says he knew who the top dog was?
    Well in that case it could be J, B or R... 
  • Sponsored links:

You could argue he gave them the nod to take her away, not kill her. Has he physically taken part in any illegal activity? You didn’t see him take gear, he wasn’t at the the hijacking and he drove off when they did the drug deals.
    Was thinking the same and think that will be revisited. 

He also took out a 'rival gang' where it could be said he was doing his police duty. 
    As a compromise, just watch the last episode of series 4.

(Did that and it was a pretty helpful recap...)
  • The end of that episode seemed designed to stifle any debate!  It's either Hastings, or... it's not.  And until we know, we don't know!
  • Chizz said:
    The end of that episode seemed designed to stifle any debate!  It's either Hastings, or... it's not.  And until we know, we don't know!
    Thing that puzzles me is that there are 4 more episodes to go....

Surely time for plenty more twists & turns.
  • Don’t think it’s Hastings. They want us to think it’s him for one.
  • Never Hastings 
  • Making it too obvious to keep pointing to Hastings. This show rarely works like that. Worst thing is waiting another week for the next episode 
  • Chizz said:
    The end of that episode seemed designed to stifle any debate!  It's either Hastings, or... it's not.  And until we know, we don't know!
    Thing that puzzles me is that there are 4 more episodes to go....

Surely time for plenty more twists & turns.
    Exactly
  • Sponsored links:

• Was recommended this program by a mate. Downloaded and watched it on Catch up last week the 1st episode and saw tonight's. So many twists and turns.
  • Hastings looks shifty. Anyone else get the feeling the woman who he sort of had a fling with who reappeared in this episode is dodgy. Would explain Hastings look at the end because it's too obvious (and stupid) if it's him. 
  • I can’t see it being Hastings personally. I’m wondering if Steve has been reeled in by a bent copper or not. 
  • The photo picked out was The Caddy imo & of course he's dead.
  • My Mrs pointed out that when Hastings was in his hotel room after meeting his wife, his laptop was open and the screen looked very much like the screen on which John Corbett spoke to the head of the OCG

• edited April 2019
    I swore at the TV at the end of the episode because I was so angry that it finished! A whole week to wait for the next. Has any other program spurned so much debate as LOD?
     It's not Hastings by the way. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    My Mrs pointed out that when Hastings was in his hotel room after meeting his wife, his laptop was open and the screen looked very much like the screen on which John Corbett spoke to the head of the OCG

But so obvious. Writer playing games. 
  • I binge-watched series 4 as a refresher (I originally watched it on a flight so not ideal).

I've wondered why they only look at H as a surname and not a first name. I've known a couple of people known as Aitch, one Harry and one Howard.
  • I binge-watched series 4 as a refresher (I originally watched it on a flight so not ideal).

I've wondered why they only look at H as a surname and not a first name. I've known a couple of people known as Aitch, one Harry and one Howard.
    H could also mean something else. If you were a corrupt cop at the top end of a major crime organisation would you really want to drop a hint to your name. 

• Taxi_Lad said:
    My Mrs pointed out that when Hastings was in his hotel room after meeting his wife, his laptop was open and the screen looked very much like the screen on which John Corbett spoke to the head of the OCG

Definitely the writers reeling people in with that. Hastings is a red herring, LOD is never that obvious in its characters guilt. I’m still unsure about Stephen Graham’s character, the whole ‘are you with me or not mate’act is hard to gauge.