Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of Duty

Comments

• Felt like he was going to die from quite early in the episode and was certain when Hastings visited the prison.
  • Though maybe it is too obvious that Gill is H? Do we still reckon Hastings is being framed or is he up to his eyes in it??
  • Not sure if it was a glitch on my recording - but it looked like there was a flash frame (like they used to have in the Young Ones) when they uncovered John’s Irish background. 

I tried to pause on it but couldn’t. 
  • They were making it too obvious H was Hastings at one point, so that basically ruled him out....BUT he’s obviously up to something being given envelopes full of 50s, no doubt he’ll be the hero though in a fortnights time

excellent episode tonight. From start to finish.
  • What about the 'definately' thing from Hastings and the visit to prison. I did thing it was too obvious but now it seems it HAS to be him. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Most people I know noticed that. 

Cue Hastings being seen spelling the word the same in next episode 
    Good call :)
  • MrOneLung said:

Too obvious?
  • edited April 2019
    I knew Lise was double crossing Corbett.....but didn't think they'd off him then & there.

Hastings is definatly involved somehow. May be not H.....but up to his neck in it.

Also......what was in the freezer in the flat opposite the "forgers den" ??
  • edited April 2019
    Bodies parts from episode 1

edit. I meant series 1 not episode 1
  • I knew Lise was double crossing Corbett.....but didn't think they'd off him then & there.

Hastings is definatly involved somehow. May be not H.....but up to his neck in it.

Body parts from the first series.

the bird gates was knocking off. Can’t remember her name 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Too obvious?
    Maybe, but I was referring to the fact Hastings spelt Definitely wrong as One Lung called. 
  • Ready Arnott here I come, gonna find you...
  • I knew Lise was double crossing Corbett.....but didn't think they'd off him then & there.

Jackie Laverty
  • Just caught up with tonight's episode. Brilliant. I was hoping Corbett would make it to the end so didn't see that coming and swore my head off at the TV. What is the Northern Irish connection, I am a bit confused by all this now as don't remember anything related in the earlier series? Is Lisa undercover? Her reaction on her own after Corbett's death makes me think maybe but then she must have set up the whole thing so unless she is a rogue UC then maybe she is connected to H.
  • johnny73 said:
    Felt like he was going to die from quite early in the episode and was certain when Hastings visited the prison.

Another Red Herring I think. Im sure Steve will be visiting the prison next episode and will find out what was said
  • J BLOCK said:
    PWR. My 2cents conspiracy theory is that the Lisa McQueen is clearly not "one of the them" (OCD), but she's not Old bill either. Based on tonights episode, that touches upon Season 1 with Jackies body still in the freezer, I think this is the big link. Lisa McQueen is Tony Gates' daughter from S1 who has infiltrated the group looking for revenge. 
    Great shout! Not sure I agree but a superb theory.

Hastings is ultimately good, I have no doubt about that. I think he is working his own agenda though and he doesn't trust anyone. "Definately" could be a code to let McQueen know it's him on-line.  
  • J BLOCK said:
    PWR. My 2cents conspiracy theory is that the Lisa McQueen is clearly not "one of the them" (OCG), but she's not Old bill either. Based on tonights episode, that touches upon Season 1 with Jackies body still in the freezer, I think this is the big link. Lisa McQueen is Tony Gates' daughter from S1 who has infiltrated the group looking for revenge. 
    I like this idea a lot. 
  • Luckily am off work this week or I would claim that as my idea !!!! 
  • Chizz said:8
    I knew Lise was double crossing Corbett.....but didn't think they'd off him then & there.

Jackie Laverty
    I thought she was buried under some concrete by some warehouses  ??
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    J BLOCK said:
    PWR. My 2cents conspiracy theory is that the Lisa McQueen is clearly not "one of the them" (OCG), but she's not Old bill either. Based on tonights episode, that touches upon Season 1 with Jackies body still in the freezer, I think this is the big link. Lisa McQueen is Tony Gates' daughter from S1 who has infiltrated the group looking for revenge. 
    I like this idea a lot. 
    Me too but I would suggest she is far too old to be either one of his daughters. 
  • Riviera said:Riviera said:
    J BLOCK said:
    PWR. My 2cents conspiracy theory is that the Lisa McQueen is clearly not "one of the them" (OCD), but she's not Old bill either. Based on tonights episode, that touches upon Season 1 with Jackies body still in the freezer, I think this is the big link. Lisa McQueen is Tony Gates' daughter from S1 who has infiltrated the group looking for revenge. 

Hastings is ultimately good, I have no doubt about that. I think he is working his own agenda though and he doesn't trust anyone. "Definately" could be a code to let McQueen know it's him on-line.  
    That's contradictory though, he can't be ultimately good but then give a code to have Corbett's throat slit. 
  • Riviera said:Riviera said:
    J BLOCK said:

That's contradictory though, he can't be ultimately good but then give a code to have Corbett's throat slit. 
    Where did I say he gave orders for Corbett to be eliminated? 
  • Riviera said:
    Riviera said:Riviera said:
    J BLOCK said:

Where did I say he gave orders for Corbett to be eliminated? 
    Sorry I thought you meant he told McQueen to get rid of Corbett. 

Still dont think your correct. I don’t get McQueens position but I highly doubt she is undercover for Hastings. 
  • And I didn’t say she was working for Hastings. I think he’s working alone but he knows how to identify himself as H to fool the OCG. 
  • Riviera said:
    And I didn’t say she was working for Hastings. I think he’s working alone but he knows how to identify himself as H to fool the OCG. 
    How would he know that? By spelling definitely wrong on purpose? 
  • Riviera said:
    And I didn’t say she was working for Hastings. I think he’s working alone but he knows how to identify himself as H to fool the OCG. 
    Because he infiltrated the OCG from the very beginning. As far as they are concerned he is the top corrupt cop but he is not. 
  • Riviera said:
    Riviera said:
    Because he infiltrated the OCG from the very beginning. As far as they are concerned he is the top corrupt cop but he is not. 
    Can't see how that would work. Just can't believe he has infiltrated them from the beginning and can pose as H, but then not be any closer to actually finding H. 

But there are so many twists, turns and theories we all have our own. 
  • I just like to say “I’m H”
  • I am just waiting for Harry Redknapp to be outed as H, good to see he has moved onto a "windows" laptop to carry out his business