Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amazon Hacking Scam

edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
Cracker to watch out for with the "1 click buy option" - I today discovered two pricey watches had been ordered and despatched without my knowledge and on looking further some crafty rascal had also amended my shipping address to Bantul, Indonesia!

To be fair Amazon customer services were on the ball, answered the call within 5 minutes, refunded my payment, I now have a new password, email address etc - the credit card company were also helpful, so after a couple of calls and some hassle no harm done - bit concerned about the one click thing now and dont think I will use it in the future,

Comments

• Options
    had the same thing happen to me but instead of shipping something it was just an amazon gift voucher gift. £20 they nicked. Don't leave your details on there.
  • Options
    Can you elaborate how did it work? I thought one click.kept the details on your pc?
  • Options
    Oh my days , sounds horrendous.
  • Options
    It looks like someone had hacked into my account ordered the items on my card and created a new delivery address, all very strange, it was an Indonesian address. The Amazon customer services did seem very concerned I had to change everything, probably a good idea anyway. I should have said I also received an international cold call asking to speak to Mr C Harris, they hung up as soon as I replied, when I checked the number, it was Indonesian, this was 20 minutes or so before the transaction was made.
  • Options
    A mate of mine had his card details hacked and they ordered a grand's worth of DJ equipemnt, which was delivered to his home. A couple of days later a bloke turned up saying that he was from DHL saying that there had been a mistake and he needed to collect the parcels that had been delivered. No uniform, no van. My mate tried to keep him talking while he surreptitiously called the cops but his girlfriend came out screaming that they were calling the police. The bogus deliveryman hightailed it and my mate was left with a load of DJ gear.
  • Options
    Amazon are on the ball, they rang me as they did a random security check and found my card was being used for a different shipping address so called to ask me. Got my £50 refunded straightaway by my bank.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Amazon are on the ball, they rang me as they did a random security check and found my card was being used for a different shipping address so called to ask me. Got my £50 refunded straightaway by my bank.

How many copies of 50 shade did they order?
  • Options
    None! Just a voucher.