Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Football Racist?

12346»

Comments

• Sorry got cut off -
    If we say, there may not be much point marketing to minority Groups because they are not interested - is that not a pssive racist comment. We are assuming that that group don't enjoy going to football when there may be deeper reasons we don't bother to explore.
  • Ah, I thought we weren't marketing to them because there aren't enough of them, being a minority and all that.
  • edited July 2012
    Off_it said:

Who cares? The whole 'lets stop racisim in football' is getting boring, it will never stop so just get on with it.
    Slavery will never stop, so lets just get on with it.
    Children will always be sent up chimneys instead of going to school, so lets just get on with it.
    Women will never have the vote, so lets just get on with it.
    Hitler will do what he wants, so lets just get on with it.
    People from Broadstairs will always be seen as inbred, webbed-feet idiots who don't know their arses from their elbows, so lets just get on with it.

Oi Off-it.......You're well out of order saying that, I had an uncle from Broadstairs..........mind you, he did have webbed feet and was most certainly an inbred idiot!

• Some strange people on planet Thanet, and that comes from my mate who as born, bred and still lives down there.
  • Off_it said:

Who cares? The whole 'lets stop racisim in football' is getting boring, it will never stop so just get on with it.
    Slavery will never stop, so lets just get on with it.
    Children will always be sent up chimneys instead of going to school, so lets just get on with it.
    Women will never have the vote, so lets just get on with it.
    Hitler will do what he wants, so lets just get on with it.
    People from Broadstairs will always be seen as inbred, webbed-feet idiots who don't know their arses from their elbows, so lets just get on with it.
    Oi Off-it.......You're well out of order saying that, I had an uncle from Broadstairs..........mind you, he did have webbed feet and was most certainly an inbred idiot!

Were You born in Broadstairs, and had afew dodgy Oysters there acouple of years ago ?

• edited July 2012
    Gazcafc81 said:

I don't know what all the fuzz is about, racism works both ways doesn't it?

I don't condone racism in any way but if it was on the other foot, would there be so much hype? I very much doubt it.

Fed up with hearing it.

Sorry mate but your point is flawed. How is it you can say "I don't condone racism but" you are confirming you will allow it right there.
  • rikofold said:

Wouldn't it be nice if we just looked at others as just people. Good people, bad people, nice people, horrible people, whatever but just people.

Where's the like button when you need it
    But it will never happen when almost everything we do is coded by colour & race; fill in a form and you have to denote you race/colour, media still describes people as black, etc, other things like Black Police Association, Black History Month, MOBO's etc etc I understand why it's developed but it does make colour more prominent and makes clear distinctions between people based on colour.
    Spot on Sparrow, people and groups spout on about how we are all equal, than make a distinction by defining themselves by colour in the above mentioned groups...equal until it suits them not to be, I have no issue with Black history month, but groups such as the black police assocation and MOBO's scream racism and divide to me.

Listening to LBC the other day, and James O'Brien phone in about the Ashley Cole choc ice row, the crux of it all for me, white man makes an "alleged" racist comment, drag him through the court, he gets found not guilty, but everyone assumes he is still guilty, black/mixed race man makes a racist comment on twitter, and all the black & asian people who called LBC defended it as cultural and not racist....goalposts moved to suit.

• I don't think you have to be black to win a MOBO award.
  • no you just have to be a straight up G
  • edited July 2012
    Found it very wrong that a manager openly is pushing Asian players only. Hardly promotes the inclusivity he craves does it.

Also, was shocked that an intelligent guy like Clarke Carlisle could be so totally niave. It's like he's been in a coma for 30 years and has just woken up!

Clarke, who is head of the PFA, couldn't get anyone bar Jenas, from the Premiership to talk about it on camera. Says so much about those players and also what they think about Clarke....
  • Sponsored links:

• If a nation has built a huge amount of it's wealth and power and status on previous slavery and colonialism, is it any wonder that predjudice and racism is passed down the generations and lingers on in some quarters?
  • BIG_ROB said:

This is exactly the kind of programe and debate that most black people find both patronising and condisending!

This from someone who didn't even see it. When the subject concerns racism, you would do well to take a back seat. Or shall we trot out your post on Charlton Loyal again, this time in full...?

Sparrow had the mark of this programme, lazy & disingenuous,ultimately doing the subject matter a disservice .

The name of the program is enough, not a month goes by without some sort of race related investigative documentary being shown and as a few people have already said, none of them help.

@Redmist, is that how you stifle debate, with threats of blackmail? Post whatever you want lad, I honestly don't give a fuck!

Eh?
  • Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, interesting story on newsround of all places featuring our very own injured Lyle Taylor:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49613515
  • Ev'rybody's talking about
    Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
    This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
    All we are saying is give us a goal
  • Ev'rybody's talking about
    Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
    This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
    All we are saying is give us a goal

That's wordism and I'm reporting you to admin.