Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling Match highlights

Comments

• Options
    Good footage, very impressed with the movement and touch of Smith. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench. Haynes looks sharp. Very encouraging.
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly, shows how well Smith done in the second half. Haynes was in goal scoring positions a lot and shows why I think he will be a big player this season. Those highlights also show Jackson doing very well too, someone who doesn't necessarily get the praise he deserves sometimes.
  • Options
    Like the look of young Smith up front from seeing those highlights...nice couple of touches for a big lad
  • Options
    Smith looks very promising indeed!
  • Options
    Smith looks like a perfect target man who can bring the ball down well, hold it up and then lay it off to someone else, very good signs.
  • Options
    Enjoyed watching that, the Welling keeper is a big lump
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Many thanks to all concerned for the production of this footage and to WIwLB for putting it on here.....it's much appreciated by us all.
  • Options
    looks a difficult pitch to play on. grass looks very long.
  • Options
    Loving number 9's bad ball walk
  • Options
    Smith was very good his touch was superb and his pass completion rate must have been 100%, as well as getting into good goalscoring positions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    looks a difficult pitch to play on. grass looks very long.
    yeah it was... the players' feet were submerged in it. I guess they wanted to protect it from the inevitable pitch invasion.

• Options
    I thought Smith did well but maybe not as well as others. Very one footed but did harry and chase well, looked for a pass and made some good runs.

Had a few other chances not shown on the video that perhaps he should have taken but you can say the same about half the team.

Still young and has time and raw ability to get better.
  • Options
    Nice ball
  • Options
    Jackson looked good in the middle.
  • Options
    Smith looks like he can play abit. doesnt matter who he's playing against..looks like he can make the ball stick.
  • Options
    Many thanks to all concerned for the production of this footage and to WIwLB for putting it on here.....it's much appreciated by us all.
    agreed.. thanks
  • Options
    thought calum harriot started poorly but then showed his pace/attacking options. he played a great through ball to bwp in on goal and bwp should hv scored...
    ruben bover was spraying the ball around nicely, great first touch...
    pope looked brave...
    the most promising youngster i saw was smith. true CF qualities: good in the air, drops back into the hole to keep possession, great first touches under pressure....

• Options
    Great quality highlights, very nice to see the boys back in action! I must say it was a top effort by Danny Haynes to see out the full game after being shot by the sniper in the crowd as he won the penalty for the third goal......
  • Options
    Ironic that the Welling keeper was playing in the goal next to a sign advertising 'The Pie Shop'!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting CT , was able to show my younger son the goals as he didn't go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for posting CT , was able to show my younger son the goals as he didn't go.
    no problem :)
  • Options
    Ruben Bover looks very promising, as does Smith.
  • Options
    Apparently they were supposed to cut the grass on the Friday but couldn't because of the weather. Their keeper was the goalie coach, not their regular guy. Pulled off some good saves though!
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited July 2012
    Smith Stephens and Jackson were the stand out players......nice run out before the serious stuff begins.
  • Options
    Early days, but I think Smith will be pushing hard for a first team place before too long.

He will be putting pressure on Kermorgant for the target man role, presuming Hayes departs.

We have BWP and Haynes for the striker role and Yann/Smith for the target man role, with Clarke down the pecking order.
  • Options
    Why are Welling playing a team of refs?
  • Options
    Welling keeper looks like he enjoys his food.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting.
    Didn't originally notice Morro's mistake when he let the ball slip under his foot in the 2nd half when the welling striker went through and hit the post.

Get em' outta yer system now lad!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the highlights.