Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good luck to Dundee

Dundee just announced as taking Rangers place in the SPL next season, I like a number of addicks "look out for them" after the group of lads who used to visit us regularly in the 80/90's from up there (see previous threads),

They finished second by some margin to Ross County this season and speaking to a couple of Dundee fans I know they felt they were not equipped for promotion, that said, now they have been offered it, whatever the reason, good luck to them and heres to a few packed houses at Dens Park

Comments

• Options
    What are the odds on Celtic to win the SPL this season ? Must be something like 1/50 on ?
  • Options
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    What are the odds on Celtic to win the SPL this season ? Must be something like 1/50 on ?
    According to oddschecker. Best price 1-25 with Bwin
    Worst price 1-100 with bet 365
  • Options
    1/100
  • Options
    good luck to dundee, they're one of a number teams, for no specific reason, whose results I look out for. they were once in the top division, hope they make the most of their opportunity and stay in this division.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Good on Dundee, there should be 2 up 2 down in Scotland anyway. 1up 1 down makes for a very sterile competition. Don't get me started on the split either!
  • Options
    Believe Paddy Power were offering 1/5 for Celtic to win it for the next 5 years running...crazy

Congrats Dundee
  • Options
    Yes indeed good luck to Dundee. And everyones a winner because Rangers finally achieve their dream of playing league football in England - away at Berwick !!
  • Options
    Odd that another team that's profited out of the administration game getty promoted out of Rangers mismanagement.
  • Options
    Yes indeed good luck to Dundee. And everyones a winner because Rangers finally achieve their dream of playing league football in England - away at Berwick !!
    Ha ha.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a Rangers fan I wish them all the best, made some good friends with the Dundee lads, ties are very strong.
  • Options
    Well done today to Dundee, promoted in true Addicks style hanging on whilst their rivals for sport win 10-2 and eradicate GD! Great scenes at Dens Park and we have lots of pals up there
  • Options
    Yes well done Dundee
  • Options
    Bet the boys are battered don't seem so long ago they were in the Carlisle boozer with us
  • Options
    Something dodgy in that other game
  • Options
    Chuffed for Dundee as my wife's cousin is a fan and was there today
  • Options
    WSS said:

Something dodgy in that other game

"alledgedly" ?

• Options
    Piece of cake.
  • Options
    Will shortly be back in admin I after wiping their arses with financial fair play. For about the sixth time.
  • Options
    From a Dondeieeh fan:
    Dumbarton FC, you are an outstanding football club. I hate condescending shite towards other teams, but I can't overstate how much respect I have for Dumbarton FC. From before the first game in the stags head in October, to today when your supporters clapped our side at the end, your fans have been brand new. Your team were a credit to themselves today as they have been against us all season. How we have taken 12 points is genuinely, hand on heart, beyond me. I sincerely wish you all the best in your efforts next season. You have had a great season and I would like to congratulate you and offer my genuine commiserations at you guys missing the playoffs.

I would whole-heartedly support these sentiments. Comparing DFC to CAFC this season, I've often been struck that DFC as a part-time team in a mostly full-time league might have been justified in shutting up shop and trying to survive on 0-0's. Instead the manager always put out a team intent on winning a game. Upshot is that we are the top part-time team in Scotland and the highest scorers in our league. I always shy away from comparing Scots v English football but if Ian Murray was CAFC manager I'd be a happy bunny