Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roy shaw

Rip gone to the ring up in the sky to see Lenny

Comments

• Options
    blimey

must've been getting on Dan

RIP
  • Options
    76 I think not that old really
  • Options
    Yeah, heard this earlier.

RIP "Pretty Boy" Shaw
  • Options
    Rip sir.

76 isn't a bad innings these days surely? I'd take that
  • Options
    With all the broad moor treatment it is
  • Options
    and the bare knuckle stuff Nolly that has have had some say in his and LMcs deaths.
  • Options
    Yeah can't be good either gh
  • Options
    Just look at how many big shots he took in the fight with Lenny that he lost (2nd one of the three I think)

That can't have helped
  • Options
    Lenny was far to big for him. Cliff fields ruled that game
  • Options
    Rest in peace roy

Quite gutted to hear this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has this been confirmed anywhere
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    Well it is on Wicki, but perhaps people were too frightened to post it on the web.
  • Options
    nolly's thread about this on facebook is making me laugh. Specifically regarding Dave Courtney
  • Options
    Become Comedy gold buckshee
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sorry to hear that Dan, saw him fight at the unlicensed shows, Harry Starbuck died not long ago I'm sure they fought.

The best unlicensed shows were years ago when they used to lock the doors when the shows started. I remember ABA finalists stepping back in the ring years later to fight each other but in their fifties. There were some very interesting fights. The Ould twins Nosher Powell and other characters attended all these shows. It got spoiled when the commercial potential was realised and the shows were bigger and staged at places like the Downham Tavern with fights between two well known faces rather than boxers.

They used to hold some of the lock in shows at Herveys along the lower road at Charlton.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    courtney was at a garage event i went to on new years day this year at scala, strange character
  • Options
    Was expecting a minutes silence at the haye fight last night for this.
  • Options
    Really?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really?
    Yeah, he was very well known in the fight game and very well known in the east end... Maybe not if the fight was anywhere else but because of where it was I expected it.

• Options
    Does anyone know or remember Harry or "H" as he's better known? He use be the MC up at The Yorkshire Grey whenever they had the boxing up there in their function hall. More recently he was helping his wife run her DJ and karaoke business around Charlton and Greenwich. Just wondered if he's still about and how he was getting on?
  • Options
    Died not long ago rob . Good fighter and I think fought my old boxing trainer Paul Fitzgerald from eltham as well as Lenny McLean and shaw lost them all I think. Starbucks shaw is on YouTube don't blink
  • Options
    Died not long ago rob . Good fighter and I think fought my old boxing trainer Paul Fitzgerald from eltham as well as Lenny McLean and shaw lost them all I think. Starbucks shaw is on YouTube don't blink
    That's a shame nolly mate, do you mean Paul Fitzgerald as in Fitzy?
  • Options
    Yeah mate was my trainer
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone know or remember Harry or "H" as he's better known? He use be the MC up at The Yorkshire Grey whenever they had the boxing up there in their function hall. More recently he was helping his wife run her DJ and karaoke business around Charlton and Greenwich. Just wondered if he's still about and how he was getting on?
    Harry Starbuck or Uncle Arry as we knew him when me and my brothers were kids. Remember him coming round and digging the footings out on my parents extension in Strahaven Rd, Lee many moons ago, huge man (especially so to us kids...). Very well known amongst Dad's circle and I saw him fight at one of those big Downnam Tavern dos when I was about 16. Now there's a blast from the past, he died a couple of years ago and the Tavern is long gone as well of course.

• Options
    The H I'm on about fellas was a very short guy, I don't think he was ever a fighter, just an MC. I remember him always wearing tinted glasses and quite a bit of gold. I think he may've been in the ring when McLean "nutted" his opponent, possible Shaw? I've seen footage of it and that was H's claim to fame. lol
  • Options
    think related rob
  • Options
    Hello Dan / Rob I remember that H, MC at many shows, his glasses looked massive for his size.

I think he came from Downham.
  • Options
    his glasses looked massive for his size.
    That's the one.