Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimenez's Share increase (change to CAFC Holdings)

Comments

• Options
    This is what it said before:

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent). CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (28 per cent) and Michael Slater (23 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent.

This is what is says now:

Charlton Athletic Football Company Limited

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent). CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (47.6 per cent) and Michael Slater (20.7 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent.
    Unfortunately, I made a typo. Sorry. Michael Slater's shareholding has not changed at 23 per cent. The page has been updated.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent). CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (28 per cent) and Michael Slater (23 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent.

Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd is owned by Baton 2010 Ltd, which is owned by CAFC Holdings Limited (90 per cent) and Richard Murray (10 per cent). CAFC Holdings Limited is in turn owned by Tony Jimenez (47.6 per cent) and Michael Slater (20.7 per cent) plus minority shareholders with less than 10 per cent.
    Unfortunately, I made a typo. Sorry. Michael Slater's shareholding has not changed at 23 per cent. The page has been updated.
    LOL. I reckon world war 3 will be started by a Typo.

• Options
    Out of the whole paragraph the bit with the typo was the most cruical bit....

FISHY
  • Options
    I hope it is good news but you can't carry on ignoring that people had been saying for weeks that there were problems, that there had been changes at the top and that these were causing at best cash flow problems and at worst threatened the stability of the squad and club.

Now when official news comes out that the doubters asked for (and what a great way to let the fans know) some are still refusing to see even the sightest cause for concern.

If you find a lump ignoring won't change the fact that it is a lump. The doc may give you good or bad news but you just can't pretend it aint there.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I think we need to be careful not to demonise the current owners on the basis that we have little information. Of course we'd all like more information, but in most business's do the customers know the ins and outs of the boardroom?

Evidence so far is that they have through their structure achieved a record breaking promotion in their first full season, give SCP the backing and support as required.
    You seem to be very keen to support the board. You may well be right. Perhaps if the board explained what they were doing, instead of secretly carrying on & treating us like mushrooms we may.

Perhaps, you have some sorts of links with the board ?
  • Options
    People shouldn't be surprised by the lack of information and clarity from the club's owners cos we had a taster of things to come with this sort of approach...

....when they bought the club.

I personally was staggered when us fans were treated with contempt by the wall of silence about who was attempting to take our club over from the club itself....but more staggered by the amount of fans who simply excepted the situation.

Not wanting someone/people to know you've bid for something is one thing. Not wanting someone/people/club supporters to know you're identity after a bid has been excepted and you're proceeding with the purchase is another altogether.
    How many clubs supporters do you reckon would have excepted being treated like this?
    They treated us like mugs and we let them.

This lot ain't gonna tell us chaff all unless they have no choice.
    I know, it's terrible the way they appointed SCP, brought in all those excellent players, won the title with 101 points, are strengthening the squad, spending serious money on the youth setup, not sold Solly...

What have the Romans ever done for us...
  • Options
    we still have debts interest to pay in this league, and repayments in the prem after the resturcture, so I doubt we are worth £25m personally, unless these were wiped out during the purchase, can anyone confirm/deny this?
    To be clear... I'm suggesting we could be worth £25m in the Prem (based on various things, including Blackburn being sold for an enterprise value of £44m with a (at the time) much more valuable staff than ours). The value now is negative £5m annually (or whatever the 'blackhole' is) for however many years we are in this division discounted back to today, plus stadium and value of staff... read: not a lot in my view.
  • Options

If you find a lump ignoring won't change the fact that it is a lump.
    Are you hinting that we're signing Andy Carroll?!

• Options
    Wonder what this all means Jimenez has more shares?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People shouldn't be surprised by the lack of information and clarity from the club's owners cos we had a taster of things to come with this sort of approach...

I personally was staggered when us fans were treated with contempt by the wall of silence about who was attempting to take our club over from the club itself....but more staggered by the amount of fans who simply excepted the situation.

Not wanting someone/people to know you've bid for something is one thing. Not wanting someone/people/club supporters to know you're identity after a bid has been excepted and you're proceeding with the purchase is another altogether.
    How many clubs supporters do you reckon would have excepted being treated like this?

" part of a planned restructure of the board this summer"

They said this when Varney's departure was announced
  • Options

This means if TJ's increase was the result of cash injection then MS must have put some in too to keep his shareholding unchanged.

This makes the idea that TJ bought the shares off someone else more likely IMO.

• Options
    told you all it was zabeel months ago - they are preparing to step out of the shadows
  • Options
    Typo makes sense...had thought Slaters shareholding was a bit of a coincidence that it dropped from 23% to 20.7% when 20.7% of Charlton was what the 23% of the Holding Co was worth.
  • Options
    Makes more sense now.

TJ has taken the shares of two minority shareholders (around 9.8% each).
  • Options
    I know, it's terrible the way they appointed SCP, brought in all those excellent players, won the title with 101 points, are strengthening the squad, spending serious money on the youth setup, not sold Solly...
    What the hell has that got to do with this threads subject? Haven't you read it?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Makes more sense now.

This would make sense I suppose.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Makes more sense now.

Bang on 28 + 9.8 + 9.8 = 47.6% Jimenez's new shareholding.
    Slater remains on 23%.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Well they HAD to say something hence my `no choice' comment....and do you believe it? I don't, not for a second....unless of course TJ `planned' to have a ruck with PV and give him the elbow.

• Options
    What the hell has that got to do with this threads subject? Haven't you read it?

Seems very clear to me - they are very wealthy but don't want to get mugged in the transfer market. If that means we have to trust them and trust that what they are doing is the best way about getting back up the leagues, then given there track record so far, they deserve that trust.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes more sense now.

So what do we think this means for the future of the club then?
  • Options
    Wonder what this all means Jimenez has more shares?.
  • Options

Well they HAD to say something hence my `no choice' comment....and do you believe it? I don't, not for a second....unless of course TJ `planned' to have a ruck with PV and give him the elbow.

Highly plausable.Not the ruck bit ,but told him his services were no longer required.
  • Options
    so cash not giving more cash but still an owner? TJ putting in more cash than the original plan so increasing his ownership to reflect that, would that suggest more than just ticking over money?
  • Options
    Makes more sense now.

Slater remains on 23%.
    Could TJ have bought PV's and KC's shareholding?
  • Options

Focussing only what we know and avoiding conjecture:

1)
    Airman Brown, a club employee, said that the club required funding. He said nothing more than that. He is probably one of the only people on this board truely with any sort of inside track, and even then, he is only an employee of the club so the likelihood of him being privy to top-level board decisions is pretty low.

2)
    TJ now owns a higher percentage of the club, most likely because he (or his backer) provided this funding. No-one else has sold shares to him, so I see no other way he could increase his percentage.

At face value, and we have NOTHING else, this is a positive thing. What's the point in inventing a myriad of scenarios about an evil arch-villain fattening his goose? This is not me sticking my head in the sand, this is simply a balanced outlook.

COYR
  • Options
    i just hope TJ has the best interests of the club at heart?
  • Options
    Makes more sense now.

Slater remains on 23%.
    Could TJ have bought PV's and KC's shareholding?
    Not sure. I always thought that for KC read Slater.
    They are the same person.

• Options

The point is, you were talking about fans being 'treated like mugs' and 'treated with contempt' by the new owners and I don't agree, based on what they've DONE. The way I judge the board is on their actions, if TJ had sacked SCP, sold Solly and changed our colours to red and blue stripes, then I might agree with you.
    They had a corporate restructuring, fine, I'm sure more information will be released in due course. Charlton had an open and clear ownership structure for donkey's years under Michael Gliksten and a fat lot of good that did us...
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    i just hope TJ has the best interests of the club at heart?
    its hard to tell at the moment. looking at the bloke and his history i wouldn’t trust him, but looking at the facts he hasn’t so far done anything as we know of to harm the club.