Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest Sold

The Al-Hasawi family have completed their purchase of Nottingham Forest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18791016

Sounds like another Championship rival with a bit of money behind them.

Comments

• Options
    Unless they throw silly money at the club it'll take them at least two seasons to sort that mob out.

A sorry shadow of the club Clough built.
  • Options
    I suspect that Forest will do well this season, despite selling off a few good players recently.
  • Options
    £15 milion bid for Solly immenent!

I'd drive him up myself. ;-)
  • Options
    My brother supports them so he's one happy bunny today!
    His take on it all is basically if they hurry up and sign a few players they could challenge for promotion if not he's certain they will go down!
  • Options
    i reckon itll end in tears for them
  • Options
    Twitter full of rumours Maradona is coming in
  • Options
    They've apparently been linked with every manager under the sun since the news broke! Wouldn't read much into other than that they all hate Cotterill
  • Options
    They are a threat to no-one all the time that useless twonk Cotterill is running the show, although if they have serious money, he won't be there for long........................
  • Options
    We're hardly a barrel load of fun right now ....

• Options

I was thinking that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wasn't really comparing them to us. Just saying before their fans get carried away, not all these cases end up like Man City.
  • Options
    Yeah agreed VG
    It just reminded me of all the let's all laugh at newcastle, palace etc that I've read on here over the years as we became the biggest shambles of a football club in our slide towards obscurity
  • Options
    This is a great move for Forest, this family will inject money into the club, the only worry is they do something stupid and hire Maradona as coach!
  • Options

A sorry shadow of the club Clough built.
    but similar to the one he inherited.

• Options
    Lets see. For every Sheikh Mansour there seems to be Venky's or a Briatori.

Having lunch with my Forest mate here in Prague as it happens
  • Options

Having lunch with my Forest mate here in Prague as it happens
    See how many times he mentions winning the European Cup twice - sorry, bitter memories of working in Nottingham for a few years.

• Options
    Have to say I'm more than a little envious....especially as I (as an Addick), would see us as a better investment than Forest.
  • Options
    How much money though do the Al-Hasawi family have??
  • Options
    The thought of Charlton being owned by someone called Venky, Al-Hasawi, or Ali bloody Baba does not sit well with me.

As we have seen in the last 10 days it does not take much for a major invester in a football club to throw his toys out the pram, lose interest and walk away.

I am afraid the game and clubs we all love so dearly is falling more and more into the hands of these "investors" and it makes me wonder where it will all end when they lose interest or find another toy/sport to play with.
  • Options
    Made their money in Air Conditioning - Oh the irony of it all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Made their money in Air Conditioning - Oh the irony of it all
    BIG market in A_Rabia !!
  • Options
    Why does every thread turn into our apparent troubles, that in-fact may not exist at all and we are all being very pedantic about the whole thing. GET A GRIP EVERYONE
  • Options
    Sorry to be pendantic but you really mean "pedantic"?