Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jonjo Shelvey

Comments

• uncle said:

I would think West Ham will be one of the last clubs he would go to at the moment, they don't even play through the midfield. that would be a bad move.

But isn't Diame off in the summer? I understand the Long ball stuff about big sam but they have good midfielders like noble, Nolan and diame.

Do you think if Jonjo could get first team football he could help west ham play more attractive stuff?
  • Noble doesn't always play because he doesn't suit Sams style. I don't think West Ham would be a good move.
  • uncle said:

Swansea would be good move, just a shame they are in Wales.

Yeah, like Liverpool is a much better place..............;-)
  • Jonjo hates every club except us FACT

#Come home jonjo
  • Shelvey would be great at Spurs or Villa, the bloke needs to play games and really push on.
  • Haha NLA ..... Spurs is a good shout but then again it's Spurs!!! Villa bit of a nothing club, would be better at Watford under Zola would be a better bet when they do palace. Or even stoke depending on who takes them over.
  • If he rolls up anywhere it will be at the real home of football

THE VALLEY
    FLOYD ROAD
    SE7

• uncle said:

Haha NLA ..... Spurs is a good shout but then again it's Spurs!!! Villa bit of a nothing club, would be better at Watford under Zola would be a better bet when they do palace. Or even stoke depending on who takes them over.

I agree Villa are dull but Lambert does put his faith in young players, he always has, they are short in midfield and someone like Shelvey could really be good for them.

I just get the feeling that Shelvey needs to be the main man somewhere, he needs to play every week to really get his career going, at the moment he is getting messed about too much.

• He is in a situation where he is there to takeover over from Gerrard but it doesn't look like Gerrard wants to stop yet and played more games last year than in previous one. Liverpool don't want him to retire and he don't want to. So failing a bad injury it would be a bleak season in terms of playing chances. Not sure if a loan or a transfer would be best. Might be best to cut his losses and go. Is there a sell on fee for Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• On loan to cafc until he retires winning us the league prem league fa cup league cup champions league europa keague
  • On loan to cafc until he retires winning us the league prem league fa cup league cup champions league europa keague

I like your thinking..... you gonna be watching the european u21 championships? Him and henderson center mid.
  • uncle said:

He is in a situation where he is there to takeover over from Gerrard but it doesn't look like Gerrard wants to stop yet and played more games last year than in previous one. Liverpool don't want him to retire and he don't want to. So failing a bad injury it would be a bleak season in terms of playing chances. Not sure if a loan or a transfer would be best. Might be best to cut his losses and go. Is there a sell on fee for Charlton?

He's good but nowhere near good enough to be a true replacement for Gerrard
  • Gerrard is still a brilliant footballer and had a quality season. Jonjo isn't going to dislodge him, Allen or Coutinho from that team at the moment because they're all better players.

He needs to be patient. He'll get his chance at Liverpool and maybe just needs a loan move to a Prem club like Swansea or West Brom for a season first.
  • How old is Jonjo now? seems like jhe has been around for ages, but of course he is still young. Needs to judge his next contract very carefully as it could be the springboard to "glory" or take him down a cul de sac.
  • Gerrard is still a brilliant footballer and had a quality season. Jonjo isn't going to dislodge him, Allen or Coutinho from that team at the moment because they're all better players.

He needs to be patient. He'll get his chance at Liverpool and maybe just needs a loan move to a Prem club like Swansea or West Brom for a season first.

Not sure I agree about Allen, Ive seen him many times and don't rate him at all, Coutinho is fantastic.

@Kap10 he was 21 end of last Feb
  • Is there a sell on clause out of interest?
  • See him being a mid table prem player. Not sure he does quite enough for Liverpool at the moment. If he can up his game a little bit he would be beast of a player.
  • edited May 2013
    Would be best doing a season in Champ near top with a football playing team like Brighton. Then a season in the mid of Prem like Fulham and then look at finding a place in Liverpool team. He's nowhere near good enough yet. Needs to build up some experience and improve a lot.
  • Liverpool are a mid table prem team
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Would be best doing a season in Champ near top with a football playing team like Brighton. Then a season in the mid of Prem like Fulham and then look at finding a place in Liverpool team. He's nowhere near good enough yet. Needs to build up some experience and improve a lot.

I reckon he could play in the Prem, maybe not Liverpool but definitely in the Prem.
  • dizzee said:

That is so wrong, glad you're an agent. he done the championship loan with Blackpool it was ok at the time but not Challenging enough. He will be in the prem not not championship. He is 21 now and has enough footballing experience to not drop down the leagues.
  • WSS said:

Liverpool are a mid table prem team

This.......... They finished one place Above WBA two above Swansea and three above West Ham........... Hardly Man Utd are they?
  • uncle said:

WSS said:

Liverpool are a mid table prem team

This.......... They finished one place Above WBA two above Swansea and three above West Ham........... Hardly Man Utd are they?
    The trouble is Liverpool don't think of themselves as a mid prem team and the pressure on Rodgers to move forward must be immense and they seem happy to chuck money at it. Hard for a talented young player with bags of potential to be given the time to develop. They'll just go and buy another couple of players. I hate Pardew but Newcastle will be buying some quality for next season!
  • Actually, Fulham is a good shout too, no point in him playing in the Championship, he needs regular Premiership games, WBA would be good too, they play the right way.

Shame Wigan got relegated, even a year with Martinez would have been great for his development.

Like Scott Parker back in 2002 Shelvey just needs his chance.
  • Can't see the years of praise for Gerrard. Pass % is poor no longer gets goals or does driving runs. Henderson is mediocre, ditto Lucas. Jonjo must have seriously upset someone at Pool to be behind those clowns.
  • uncle said:

Haha NLA ..... Spurs is a good shout but then again it's Spurs!!!

Oi lol. The way Spurs are set up in midfield now, he'd fit in very well but we've got so many midfielders vying for places, he'd have the same problem at Spurs as he would at Liverpool. Agree with everyone that he needs to play in a footballing side. I hate to say it, he should be someone that W*nger should be looking at for Ars*nal. Put him alongside Wilshire.
  • Jonjo is unlucky because two or three of Liverpool's best players play in a similar position to him; he'd be playing regularly in any other mid-table Prem team. Someone like Swansea or West Brom could be perfect for him. Shame he's probably unlikely to go to Everton, as with Fellaini possibly on his way Jonjo could fit in very well somewhere like that. Once he gets regular football I think he'll get better and better.
  • edited May 2013

Can't see the years of praise for Gerrard. Pass % is poor no longer gets goals or does driving runs. Henderson is mediocre, ditto Lucas. Jonjo must have seriously upset someone at Pool to be behind those clowns.

Gerrard's been in the PFA team of the year 7 times. More than any other midfielder in the Prem. Just because he's not as good as he was, it doesn't mean he's a bad player now. He still scored 9 Prem goals this year!
  • How about Sunderland. Di Canio would certainly make him a disciplined centre mid who could dictate play.