Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MADNESS Sunderlands Martin O'Neill must match Wolves' £15million valuation to land Steve fletcher

Paper talk in the Daily Mail - this is Madness -- he was an average player in a poor team -

Comments

• Options
    Sunderland do have a history of paying over the odds though. Who remembers Tore Andre Flo?

They've also just released Craig Gordon who was a goalkeeper they spent £10 million on only three years ago.
  • Options
    I see your Sunderland article and raise you this http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/235715-pique-fletcher-real-deal
  • Options
    Got me J BLOCK -- I can not compete with that one ............not even go compare can rival that ...........close this discussion --the football world has gone mad.
  • Options
    It's only madness if O'Neill is prepared to pay £15m.
  • Options
    Football finances are obscene. To be even talking about SF valued at that much money proves my point.
  • Options
    15 mill that could probably keep 30 small teams out of te brown stuff
  • Options
    Chances are that they will eventually settle on a figure nearer £5m. Still a lot of money, but when the teams in the Prem get £50m a season it is to be expected I suppose.
  • Options
    Chances are that they will eventually settle on a figure nearer £5m. Still a lot of money, but when the teams in the Prem get £50m a season it is to be expected I suppose.
    Probably right KHA but if the clubs in the prem were only getting even half that 50m figure then perhaps football could take a reality check and begin to be run more fairly and responsibly.

• Options
    Surely that’s just Wolves saying he’s not for sale unless you are willing to pay well over the odds.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, if only we still had Marcus Bent, he'd have to fetch at least 3 million in the current market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fletcher isn't a prem player in my eyes anyway to be honest.
  • Options
    But he's a keen younger player hungry to establish himself.

That alone may carry an otherwise averagely talented player a long way.
  • Options
    30 goals in 100 odd games for 2 of the worst teams in the Premiership in recent times is pretty good going. However, £15m is mental.
  • Options
    I think he's a good player 100% premiership quality
  • Options
    I think he's a good player 100% premiership quality
    Agreed, but not for 15 million quid! I reckon about 5 million.
  • Options
    Yeah he's proved he's premiership quality. Appalling attitude though and I'm not sure he's good enough to risk potentially upsetting team morale for.
  • Options
    Well Wolves signed him for 7m so realistically they should be looking to get minimum 9m for him.
  • Options
    Well Wolves signed him for 7m so realistically they should be looking to get minimum 9m for him.
    Did they really pay 7 million for him to Burnley? Bloody Hell.
  • Options
    6.5m rising to 7.5m i think.
  • Options
    He aint worth that!!!!! What a joke.. at one stage he was being left out thier team werent he last year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey. What am I bid for Norman Stanley Fletcher then?
  • Options
    No way is he worth that, id say between 5-8 million, crazy when jordi alba only cost barca 12 million.
  • Options
    You'd be able to get Darren Bent for less than 15 mill......a much safer bet
  • Options
    No way is he worth that, id say between 5-8 million, crazy when jordi alba only cost barca 12 million.
    Agreed..and then people wonder why clubs do look abroad to find cheaper but better quality as Newcastle have!

• Options
    He's quality.