Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR...New ground...40,000+

Seems a bit ambitious 40,000+.

Comments

• Options
    link?
  • Options
    Just heard something on Radio 5, Tony Fernandez is looking at two sites to build a new 45000 stadium, both sites are in west London according to the report.
  • Options
    Maybe they could share the power station with Chelsea.
  • Options
    I know football owners get a lot of stick at times, but this guy seems to genuinely have his club in his heart.
    QPR are lucky to have someone like him who wants to push the club forward.
    All to often new owners give the impression they're there to make money and run it as business, but this person just seems like a rich bloke interested in football who wanted the chance to run a club.
  • Options
    Brentford moving aswell aren't they, sure it's only a matter of time before Chelsea do too and now QPR? Blimey all change over that side.
  • Options
    I'm sure I read an article about him looking at us at some point
  • Options
    The BBC building at White City seems to be one of the options - that's the fairly new office building, not TV centre. It was built on the old White City stadium site, a one time QPR ground!

QPR need a new ground, but can't see them needing a 45k stadium
  • Options
    10,000 more than their highest ever attendance.
  • Options
    Just what London needs .. another stadium. London is in danger of getting 'over-clubbed' .. there are only so many fans and so much cash to go around
  • Options
    QPR have some shocking attendences, irrespective of the pricing, they need 25k at best
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't the Power station bought by a Malaysian company? And Fernandes is Malaysian.... Wouldn't be surprised if he's got one over the Chelsea chaps here and bought the power station, and had it fronted by a mate
  • Options
    Pfffffttt hahahahahaha.
  • Options
    Well that will be empty.
  • Options
    New ground they will sell it for a few season in top league club has ambition no dithering good luck to them
  • Options

and people thinking we need a new ground soon isnt ?
  • Options
    They can't even fill their current ground which is less than 20K capacity, what makes them think they can fill a 40K stadium?
  • Options
    Mucho respecto for QPR ordinarily and a lot can be said for blind ambition. TBH, if you shut both ends of Shepards Bush off and didn't let anyone out they would struggle to fill 40,000.
  • Options
    Do they even sell out at Loftus Road?? and I think they are/were charged a ridculous amount for season tickets and wonder if/when ticket prices increase at the staidum how the fans will react..
  • Options
    In the Championship their attendances were very low for a London club. Something like 15k I think.
  • Options
    In the Championship their attendances were very low for a London club. Something like 15k I think.
    Compared to other London Championship clubs (palace, millwall) i think 15k is quite high
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its all about the price .....

If Charlton charged high prices you'd soon see our crowds dip, we are so fortunate that over the years our prices have been at the cheapest end of the scale for where we have been

If Qpr had charged comparable prices to what we had charged during our prem years they would easily sell out at loftus road

If they get the go ahead for the new ground and charge a reasonable amount they'll average over 30k no problem especially with the increased away support that would come with a bigger stadium
  • Options

If Charlton charged high prices you'd soon see our crowds dip, we are so fortunate that over the years our prices have been at the cheapest end of the scale for where we have been

If Qpr had charged comparable prices to what we had charged during our prem years they would easily sell out at loftus road

If they get the go ahead for the new ground and charge a reasonable amount they'll average over 30k no problem especially with the increased away support that would come with a bigger stadium
    Really not sure about that, QPR have never had a big fan base, partly because they only became a more high profile team in the mid 1970's under Dave Sexton - until then they had floated around the second and third tiers.

As a result most folks round that way were Chelsea and Fulham fans rather than QPR - and its pretty tough to change that in such a competitive market like London.

Even if they did slash prices I can't ever see them pulling anywhere near 30K on a regular basis.
  • Options
    A lot of fans over that way surely don't support Fulham? They've had shocking attendances and only near selling out due to their neutral zone & the large amount of Kiwi's & Aussies living over there who go regularly.
  • Options

Though not when we play there obviously, Oohaah.
  • Options
    i meant if they stayed in the prem

for one trip we would uboat , new ground syndrome and all that
  • Options

and people thinking we need a new ground soon isnt ?
    Agree, Quit happy with the Valley as it is though the south stand could do with some redevelopmet, maybe filling in the corners/wrapping it around etc...may increase capacity to around 30-32000...but that would be it.
  • Options

Is this the earliest appearance of an oohahh swipe at our piss poor away support ?
  • Options

Agree with that, look at our crowds when we charge a fiver or for that matter a tenner.
  • Options

Is this the earliest appearance of an oohahh swipe at our piss poor away support ?
    To be fair, I cued it up for him, so don't be too harsh.
  • Options
    and there was i thinking i was bigging it up ;-)