Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The difference - Faye Kishishev Hughes Rommedahl Traore

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
for Song Holland and Ambrose Thomas Thatcher. Suddenly we have a team that I'm looking forward to watch. JOY!

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely.

Since Traore has gone to Pompey they have gone into freefall, not his season is it.

Much as I admire Kish's efforts, the likes of Holland and Song are a far better option at the moment.

Dennis should still be used, but for the last 15 to run at tired defences.
  • Options
    I hope that Ambrose carries on in the same manner way he played on Saturday - he'll have far harder matches than that and should look to keep things simple - he'll get more of the ball then. 4-0!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I hope that Ambrose carries on in the same manner way he played on Saturday - he'll have far harder matches than that and should look to keep things simple - he'll get more of the ball then. 4-0!

I reckon the harder it is the more he'll enjoy it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I hope that Ambrose carries on in the same manner way he played on Saturday - he'll have far harder matches than that and should look to keep things simple - he'll get more of the ball then. 4-0![/quote]

I reckon the harder it is the more he'll enjoy it.[/quote]

You soon see who has the temperament for a struggle like this. I hope Ambrose has proven to Pardew that when fit he has a place in the starting XI from here on in. I couldn't see Romm taking a kicking, getting up and winning the game for us.
  • Options
    Ambrose has been worse than all those this season until Saturday (well did ok at OT in fairness).
    Faye/Kish/Hughes in for Holland would probably be good too - the difference is Song who is a class above - maybe the best signing by anyone in the transfer window?

With Thatcher and Young we have two very, very good full backs - not the spine of a team admittedly, but a poor or inexperienced full back can cost you goals.
  • Options
    I have been fierce critics of both Thomas and Ambrose this season. On Saturday they both played as well as I can remember. They were both up against full backs who were seriously off form so lets not get too carried away. Both are confidence players and last Saturday will have cemented that more. The key is for them to deal with missed shots and poor passes and failures to beat their man and still keep going forward and believing. If Pard's has started to work on this aspect of motivation and he seems to have been doing this by showing them video's of near misses etc, then I believe both will continue to perform well. If things continue like they did on Saturday, it's almost like we've signed two new attacking midfielders.
  • Options
    i think you could be right bing, re the near misses quote. Remember Thomas going on a similar run up at bolt on last month, and skewed his shot, it was nearly the same as the first one he buried against the whammies.
  • Options
    Agreed, once we get Diawarra out of the side [still not impressed with him, especially his rash challenges on the edge of the box] then we should be well on the way to purging the Dowie crap out of our system.

In short, Thatcher for Traore, Bougherra for Diawarra and Song for Faye and suddenly we look a different team!!!