Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Yoof Innit..!

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Last night I was standing In H Block & there were a number of our younger generation of support who were quite vocal & knew a number of Charlton songs so could not be classed as Valley Expressers, Flask, Prem Fans etc etc. They seemed intent on trying to irritate the J Blockers on occasion which I was happy to assist with in the chanting. They then started a number of non CAFC chants that myself Ollie & my mate thought warranted a bit of grief about. So we gave them a friendly mickey taking chant. Well one of this lot seemed intent on finding out why we were giving them stick & come bowling over & instead of having a go at me & my mate Andy he made a beeline for Ollie who was with his girlfriend, maybe it is the Ginger beard. Anyway, after bravely threatening a bloke with his girlfriend we told him to do one before he started any trouble. Put a bit of a dampner on the night for me, don't wanna slag off our young supporters they are our future, thought this geezer crossed a line last night & if I was a knuckle dragger I would have trampled on his head for what he said.

Comments

• Sorry to hear about the needless unpleasantness.

Given the size of the crowd it sounded quite loud last night.

I took my daughter and a friend and as they wanted to be on their own I took the flask and rug to the Lower West for a change. You certainly get a different perspective on the game fromthere which is maybe why I'm not as "down" about last night as others.

By the way the girls thoroughly enjoyed joining in the singing and both sounded distinctly hoarse when we met up at the end.
  • In the Group of Youngsters in H Block there was loads of young Girls, makes a pleasant change (Not in a Pervy way before anybody starts)!
  • Ketman - think I was sat next to / behind you last night (for the first half at least - moved at half time)...were you in a group of 4? Lad and girlfriend and then two chaps, one in the row behind the other (the guy next to the girl wearing a cap)... Do you remember having a conversation about the irony of the yoof singing 'Your support is f*ckin sh*t'??
  • give em a slap!!!
  • Charlton Charlie, Yep that was me wearing the Cap mate, & yes how embarrassing was that having to listen to that chant throughout the game. Your right we would have been lucky to take 200 up there for a reverse of that fixture.
  • It was a bit of a dampner for sure, but oh hwell what ya expect these days.

CC, i am the lad with Girlfriend in front of you.