Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation Calculator...go on have a go :-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

Sorry chaps I still ended up with you and west ham and watford taking the drop. Although based on my predictions you only go down on goal difference from Villa!! and man city were also close to trouble. So as many people have said perhaps its not 3 from 4 to go down by 3 from 7 with villa, mancity, wigan and the blades all still in the scrap

Comments

• Options
    We've all done it fella. No one had us down. However we did find Palace falling 2 divisions.
    I think the whole operation is best described as "Subjective"!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]We've all done it fella. No one had us down. However we did find Palace falling 2 divisions.
    I think the whole operation is best described as "Subjective"!

Subjective...it certainly is! The main reason is Pards believes that 5 wins will keep you up, but if that's right, then Wigan and sheff utd only need 3 wins. I doubt it will be that straight forward though, and I would not be surprised if CAFC do stay up, at the moment all things are possible....for instance Palace could still make the Play-offs! ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst
    Subjective...it certainly is! The main reason is Pards believes that 5 wins will keep you up, but if that's right, then Wigan and sheff utd only need 3 wins. I doubt it will be that straight forward though, and I would not be surprised if CAFC do stay up, at the moment all things are possible....for instance Palace could still make the Play-offs! ;-)

yes, but, no, but, yes they would only need 3 wins to our 5 except getting 5 wins might be easier than getting 3...a team going for 5 wins will need to be in a positive mood and believe they can get them (if they dont believe they can get them then they'll fail miserably) and will no doubt pick up some extra points along the way, whereas a team that thinks it can get away with winning only 3 of their last ten games will probably fail and struggle to win 1...
  • Options
    I had us on 42 points with City, West Ham and Watford dropping down.

Although I may have been a little biased ;-)
  • Options
    i don't think europe is within reach!
  • Options
    I had us on 41 points with Watford, West Ham and Man City going down.
  • Options
    I got us to 43(!), also with City in the mire - that game at Easter could be huge - come on 'Enry, sort out Operation Manc!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    my 'prediction' us 15th

Wigan and Sheff don't have it too bad, but City have a very tough run in as do the Whammers..
  • Options
    I got us to 41 points and 16th and that wasn't being that biased. Wigan dropped with 39 and we were also above Man City who had 40.
    I also had Man utd winning the league by 2 points and Reading finishing 5th!
  • Options
    Waaahoooo !!!!
    We stayed up with just 38 points , 1 ahead of Wigwam. Hammers and Watford also went down.
    I also had Man utd winning by 2 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    City will end up with more than 33 points, surely? They're already on 30 points
  • Options
    depends on their games doesn't it..

Sat, 3rd H Wigan (PREM.)
    15:00 -
    Sun, 11th A Arsenal/ Blackburn (F.A.)
    16:00 -
    Wed, 14th H Chelsea (PREM.)
    20:00 -
    Sat, 17th A Middlesbro (PREM.)
    Sat, 31st A Newcastle (PREM.)
    April
    Fri, 6th H Charlton (PREM.)
    17:15 -
    Mon, 9th A Fulham (PREM.)
    Sat, 14th H Liverpool (PREM.)
    Sat, 21st A Watford (PREM.)
    Sat, 28th H Aston Villa (PREM.)
    May
    Sat, 5th H Man Utd (PREM.)
    Sun, 13th A Tottenham (PREM.)
  • Options
    I got us down on 37 points with City on 39. Westham and Watford sunk without trace. Chelsea champions by one point from Man U.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I got us to 43(!), also with City in the mire - that game at Easter could be huge - come on 'Enry, sort out Operation Manc!

I think you could be bang on with that. I think the man City could well be the team that get's sucked in. Either way it's going to an interesting end of season. The only team who appear to have given up are the Ammers, and having watched Curbs post match interview i'm not surprised.........after listening to him I put on an REM album to cheer myself up!...and it's not even my team!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    If it was your team, Leonard Cohen would have been more appropriate...
  • Options
    Yes it was the City game that made the difference in my predictions. I said 1-1, a Charlton win would have us on 39 and them on 38. It's going to be tight one (ooo, errrr).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Yes it was the City game that made the difference in my predictions. I said 1-1, a Charlton win would have us on 39 and them on 38. It's going to be tight one (ooo, errrr).

I still had us staying up and them going down with a 1-1 result.
  • Options
    If it was your team, Leonard Cohen would have been more appropriate...[/quote]

we're more faithless insomnia..... although now we have Dartford dave on the wing, things are looking up!
  • Options
    I have got us to win the next four and lose the last three games.

In between we beat Sheff United, draw with Reading and lose to Everton..

Gives us 39 points which although 17th is four clear of Man City.

13 Fulham 42
    14 Sheff U 41
    15 Wigan 40
    16 Villa 39
    17 Alan Pardew's Red and White Army 39

(At the boring end, Man U to win by seven points from Chelski)

PS Nearly everyone has Man City to go down which makes our match there look like a really really big one!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So if we just lose at City that makes us down. This game is becoming massive. [sic]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have just noticed that my table shows them and Arsenal on only 37 matches - still you have to assume they;d lose to Arsenal.

To be cliched the next game is the big one! If we can actually win the next three games, then that one could well be the clinher.

BRING IT ON!
  • Options
    yes postponed from this weekend just gone I would assume, but who were Chelsea supposed to be playing? It's unlike the BBC to be flawed...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]If it was your team, Leonard Cohen would have been more appropriate...

we're more faithless insomnia..... although now we have Dartford dave on the wing, things are looking up!

how's he doing. Neighbour of my Dad has been raving about him when he was at Dartford and said he was the bees knees. How's he gettting on against FizzyPop defenders ??
  • Options
    Chelsea v Villa is the other missing game from the Carling Cup final
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]yes postponed from this weekend just gone I would assume, but who were Chelsea supposed to be playing? It's unlike the BBC to be flawed...

14 March.

Villa v Arsenal
    Man City v Chelski

when I did my prediction about ten days ago never of these had been rescheduled. Somewhere in between one was rescheduled and now the other has as well. Hence when I did mine Man City had finished with only 36 games and then some had them with 37 games. Now the complete list is there I believe.
  • Options
    why didnt they just put it at the end and say TBA... muppets..
  • Options
    how's he doing. Neighbour of my Dad has been raving about him when he was at Dartford and said he was the bees knees. How's he gettting on against FizzyPop defenders ??[/quote]

Well it's early days, but he came on for the last half an hour against Luton on saturday and he made a very good impression, he's very quick and clearly has a sweet left foot. he was very unlucky not to get an assist (morrison should have done better).
    On two or three occasions he made a mug of lutons right back. The crowd are right behind him and he visibly grew in confidence in that 30 mins. His pace and energy probably turned the game for us.
  • Options
    Jeez- not sure my ticker would stand this.

We stay up on 2 goals better G/D from Sheff Utd on 35 points, West ham and Watford also relegated ( there's a suprise!)

United win title by 3 points
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited February 2007
    who is dartford dave??

edit infact scrap that, i know its the player palarse got from darts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I got us to 43(!), also with City in the mire - that game at Easter could be huge - come on 'Enry, sort out Operation Manc!

I think you could be bang on with that. I think the man City could well be the team that get's sucked in. Either way it's going to an interesting end of season. The only team who appear to have given up are the Ammers, and having watched Curbs post match interview i'm not surprised.........after listening to him I put on an REM album to cheer myself up!...and it's not even my team!

Why the irony? REM have made many cheerful and amusing songs.