Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The weather in America right now....

edited June 2012 in Not Sports Related
105 in Atlanta as I type this (41c), the warmest ever day here in the ATL.

Raging fires in Colorado........storms that have killed 10 today in and around Maryland.........bonkers weather.

Comments

• This weather over the last 5 years worries me.

Like us, heat wave October last year, a lot of snow last 2 years, wettest's months on record.
  • The end is near
  • edited June 2012
    Global warming is the cause and its only going to get worse.
  • This weather over the last 5 years worries me.

Like us, heat wave October last year, a lot of snow last 2 years, wettest's months on record.
    'Record' is only back until 1900 though isn't it. What about the 100s of million years before then, I bet weather changed all of the time.

Keep on burning that carbon people.
  • I'm in Nashville like 44 degrees even at 5pm
  • Global warming and climate change are figments of the imagination, the Earth will regularly cool down or warm up throughout it's life cycle. Crazy weather is just part of the cycle. We'll be seeing a load of plagues soon I expect ;-)
  • Global warming and climate change are figments of the imagination, the Earth will regularly cool down or warm up throughout it's life cycle. Crazy weather is just part of the cycle. We'll be seeing a load of plagues soon I expect ;-)
    How can the Earth regularly cool down or warm up without climate change? Think on.
  • 98 F here in Connecticut....stifling....thank
    god for AC
  • edited June 2012
    Global warming and climate change are figments of the imagination, the Earth will regularly cool down or warm up throughout it's life cycle. Crazy weather is just part of the cycle. We'll be seeing a load of plagues soon I expect ;-)
    How can the Earth regularly cool down or warm up without climate change? Think on.
    I mean climate change as the media puts it, as in we are changing the climate due to burning fossil fuels etc. Of course there is climate change, otherwise we wouldn't have seasons and such, but I don't believe for a second that we can ever do enough to permanently influence the Earth's fluctuations within it's life cycle
  • Tropical here in Hawaii right now...
  • Sponsored links:

I mean climate change as the media puts it, as in we are changing the climate due to burning fossil fuels etc. Of course there is climate change, otherwise we wouldn't have seasons and such, but I don't believe for a second that we can ever do enough to permanently influence the Earth's fluctuations within it's life cycle
    Spot on, some people in life are dumb as fk about all this weather though, they just do not understand anything whatsoever about the Earth.
  • Yes climate has changed over millions of years, and the earth is still here

Many species who onced roamed it however are not largely for that reason, and we have been on it for a fraction of that time
  • Surely we are the best at adapting, mainly due to technology.
  • Well so far the 'dinasours' outlived us so not sure how you are measuring that, certainly agree we have potential to adapt, i am sure we could eventually live on Mars but it wouldn't be much fun
    Spot on, some people in life are dumb as fk about all this weather though, they just do not understand anything whatsoever about the Earth.
    So, just who are these dumb ones who know nothing about the weather? It seems odd that professional scientists who make it their life's work to understand climate change are almost to a man behind the idea, whilst people who spend their lives pontificating about all and sundry on football discussion boards are holding themselves up as fonts of knowledge.

Meanwhile at the Met Office Hadley Centre I bet there's a discussion going on rather like this, "Spot on, some people in life are dumb as fk about all this football though, they just do not understand anything whatsoever about the game".
    So, just who are these dumb ones who know nothing about the weather? It seems odd that professional scientists who make it their life's work to understand climate change are almost to a man behind the idea, whilst people who spend their lives pontificating about all and sundry on football discussion boards are holding themselves up as fonts of knowledge.

Meanwhile at the Met Office Hadley Centre I bet there's a discussion going on rather like this, "Spot on, some people in life are dumb as fk about all this football though, they just do not understand anything whatsoever about the game".
    Lol. Good response.
  • 98 F here in Connecticut....stifling....thank
    god for AC
    Yup, goodness knows where we would be without Curbs.
    ;-)

Hey Meanwhile at the Met office I can tell you they are discussing that very thing lol.

Okay, after reading through the sarcasm I was meaning folk in general, their main response are 'it's global warming' or 'at least the world will warm up for us all' just some of the comments I've encountered.

Some people, not all granted but some people seem to read newspapers or just come up with the Idea it's all down to the fuels that we are using that is directly effecting the planet, whilst this might only contribute to 3% -5% of the damage.

All I was saying is people doesn't seem to understand the whole scenario and just make flippant comments, anyway I was actually agreeing with sam.

Plus some people just make odd one liners like johnny73 lol.

Good day chaps.

• Armageddon is a'comin in y'all .. time to convert your aircraft carriers to people and animal and plant preserving arcs
  • Wish it was a bit warmer here at Shooters Hill tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well so far the 'dinasours' outlived us so not sure how you are measuring that, certainly agree we have potential to adapt, i am sure we could eventually live on Mars but it wouldn't be much fun
    An unfair test, we are still here, dinosours are not.
  • yh isnt bad in barbados
    dubai was about 43 not bad either
    jamaica was good too
    and trinidad
    cubas was very nice when i was there last week
    shame about hawaii only 36 very dissapointing mainly why i decided to book barbados i just had to splash the cash
    Up until last season , i think Charlton had been having them!

Dowie must have broke the mirror in the boardroom when he was in charge.
  • It seems odd that professional scientists who make it their life's work to understand climate change are almost to a man behind the idea.....
    It's either make a living out of an obscure short term hypothesis, carry on sticking needles into rats or down the dole office. So I don't find it odd. Nor do I find those eminent scientsits who poo poo the idea.

We're still coming out of an ice age - of course we've got global warming. If the temp carries on rising in about a five million years time then perhaps we can worry. But I gaurantee you all the fossil fuels will be long gone by then.

What we really need to do is stop the world's cattle farting.

• We reap what we sew..
  • We reap what we sew..
    Don't worry - the climate will knit itself back together :-)

• ...the fuels that we are using...might only contribute to 3% -5% of the damage...
    Interesting statistic, where does this come from?
    ...What we really need to do is stop the world's cattle farting.
    You're not wrong there.
  • We reap what we sew..
    So?

I mean, 'sow'
  • We reap what we sew..
    So?

I mean, 'sow'
    Are you calling Skidbox a pig? ;-)

• It seems odd that professional scientists who make it their life's work to understand climate change are almost to a man behind the idea.....
    It's either make a living out of an obscure short term hypothesis, carry on sticking needles into rats or down the dole office. So I don't find it odd. Nor do I find those eminent scientsits who poo poo the idea.

We're still coming out of an ice age - of course we've got global warming. If the temp carries on rising in about a five million years time then perhaps we can worry. But I gaurantee you all the fossil fuels will be long gone by then.

What we really need to do is stop the world's cattle farting.

A very valid point. If we ate the vegetation instead of converting it into meat by feeding it to cows, the planet would be all the better for it.