Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hop farm festival

I got weekend tickets for the hop farm festival this year as my dad really wanted to go. To be honest I was a bit sceptical as a lot of the bands playing are not my cup of tea. 1st day was yesterday & I have to say it's 1 of the best festivals I have ever been to. So well organised & even if you are not into the music there is so much to do. Really impressed

I would urge any fellow lifers at a loose end today to go down there. It's £65 for a day ticket. Trust me it's worth every penny & you wont go home disappointed

Comments

• I'm going tomorrow! Can't wait
  • Day tickets were going for a fiver on Supa Jam. Not sure if they still are?
  • Went yesterday..saw my mine band The Stranglers plus others..great festival.
  • Been going there for the past few years and it is a great festival. Also got £5 tickets for Friday and Sunday through supajam but they all went within a few hours so had to be quick. Was brilliant seeing Ray Davies and really enjoyed his set. Can't wait to see Richard Ashcroft tomorrow should be cracking!
  • Hope they have improved the sound. I went for the first one a few years ago and it was so bad havent been back
  • Just got back.

Missed Sir Bruce Forsyth but Patti Smith was fantastic and I can say I saw Dylan.

Missing Andy were excellent I'm told by Henry Junior.

Very good festival and agree on the quality of organisation.
  • Just back home and the sound was fine. Bob Dylan was ...well, Bob. Can't imagine anyone who doesn't get him was won over by that performance , but for those of us who have spent the last 45 or so years under his spell he was , of course, spellbinding.

Thought Patti Smith was pretty terrible and Damien Rice was unimpressive. Primal Scream were reportedly fantastic, but I missed them as they clashed with Dylan.

Not going tomorrow, but got two backstage wristbands which we've managed to prise off without breaking them if anyone wants to come round and collect!

Pretty poor crowd, I thought. Well down on Dylan in 2010 and on Neil Young last year.
  • any lifers going to skabour ?

• Hope they have improved the sound. I went for the first one a few years ago and it was so bad havent been back
    Sound was awful on second stage Friday...although when The Stranglers came on it improved..
  • Anyone see Missing Andy? Seen them twice before, usually put on a great show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone see Missing Andy? Seen them twice before, usually put on a great show.

As above my son did. Very tight mod band doing 3 minute pop songs according to him He preferred them to Dylan ("is this lounge music? ) but he did like Patti Smith who was as dynamic as Dylan was flat. BDs band were very good though. Tight as a drum.
  • Personally I was very unimpressed by Dylan's performance. Will always have massive respect for him as a songwriter but he just can't sing. Although I guess Dylan has & always will be, an enigma!! Dylan has divided opinion for as long as I can remember & I saw nothing on saturday night to change my opinion of him as a performer. As I say though, his songwriting ability makes him an absolute legend. Just my view!

Special mention as well for his band who were as tight as a .......Well, you kmow!!
  • A link to my review of Dylan's performance:

http://www.theartsdesk.com/bob-dylan/bob-dylan-hop-farm-festival
    Good read IA - I do think that Dylan is a marmite entertainer.