Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Local clamping warning

Opposite the old Moon and Sixpence/Infernoss on Welling Hogh St.
Parked quickly in Shell Garage like I have done for last 3/4 years, popped in Kebab Ye got Friday night dinner came back 20 mins later and clamped £150 release fee.
It will be regular there now the Tescos is opposite.
Really had to weigh up 3 months in Belmarsh as really fancied my chances with the fella even though was a big fckin African.
Just a warning.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Sorry to hear of your predicament and thanks for the advice, I parked in the Shell garage last week and used the cashpoint at the Tescos, Didn't have any problems. I suppose "THE SCUM" I mean clamping unit make random visits. Beware!!!!!!

Just a thought does your car have a private plate beginning BNP?

Had a similar problem in Blackheath few years back, while the clamp was being removed I was throwing the clampers locks from the back of his open van into a skip opposite, he never knew.It probably reduced the chances of inflicting misery on someone else.
  • Errrmm no, what because I used the term African??? If I used other words or told him to fuck off back to his own country then maybe but if it was a big white chavvy prick I probably would have used that term and obviously wouldn't be associated with BNP.
    He was big, he was African, what's the problem??

• Just a thought does your car have a private plate beginning BNP?
    Are you for fucking real?

• No offence intended Charltonparklane but the other fella might get his soap box clamped.
  • You could have your house burnt down , your eyes gouged out, your kids shot in their kneecaps and your pets raped, but heaven forbid shoukd you dare use a racial description on this forum.

If you want my advice go back to the car park, find a space that is 3 car lengths away from the sign, sometime these signs can fall off or get blocked by another vehicle and photograph it. Say that is where you parked. Issue proceedings in the local county court for thirty quid. Say that the parking gentleman refused to show you identification of being sia registered and refused to accept credit cards, also his manner was quite threatening. Apply for a hearing date and insist upon the parking company disclose employment details of the gentleman, ask to see vat details of the company and the copy paperwork of your clamp. I bet u get ur money back.
  • Its been like that for more than 6 months now. Tesco's, Kebab Ye and the local shops all have warning notices in there shop fronts saying dont park on the Petrol Station forecourt.
  • I hate these stories.

Totally boycott the garage and tell others to do likewise. Perhaps then, in these hard times, they will be glad to see cars on the forecourt.
  • Try looking at www.moneysavingexpert.com, loads of advice on there about successfully appealing these outrageous fines etc
  • edited June 2012

If you want my advice go back to the car park, find a space that is 3 car lengths away from the sign, sometime these signs can fall off or get blocked by another vehicle and photograph it. Say that is where you parked. Issue proceedings in the local county court for thirty quid. Say that the parking gentleman refused to show you identification of being sia registered and refused to accept credit cards, also his manner was quite threatening. Apply for a hearing date and insist upon the parking company disclose employment details of the gentleman, ask to see vat details of the company and the copy paperwork of your clamp. I bet u get ur money back.
    This is impressive. dunno what half of it means, but I will certainly do some of this if I ever get clamped.

• It should all come to an end soon, if this law does what the govt claimed it would:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/media-centre/news/protection-of-freedoms