Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonnie Jackson signs a contract extension

Comments

• Options
    What?
    Hasnt he read the PV thread?

Seriously - superb news.
  • Options
    What?
    Hasnt he read the PV thread?

Seriously - superb news.
    We must have paid him in Jelly Babies...
  • Options
    Lovely bit of news. Seems a real good egg does JJ.
  • Options
    Great signing Jackson on a new two year deal.I told every one on here a signing will be made today.
  • Options
    Great signing Jackson on a new two year deal.I told every one on here a signing will be made today.
    LOL, no way does an extension count!

• Options
    There's no money. How can the club afford it? ;-)

Excellent news
  • Options
    Great signing Jackson on a new two year deal.
    Where have you seen that mate ?

I'm guessing a 6 month to 1 year extension.
  • Options
    Great signing Jackson on a new two year deal.
    Where have you seen that mate ?

I'm guessing a 6 month to 1 year extension.
    Improved deal for sure.
  • Options
    Great news...hopefully, the hysteria (PV thread) can die down a little now.

Won't be holding my breath though!!
  • Options
    2014 on OS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news. Great player. If he can stay fit then his quality will show.

Honestly thought his starting position may come under threat in the step up but it looks like its his for now.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Something to cheer me up after reading the PV thread . It has to have been an improved deal which shows we're not broke. : )

Also its great to have JJ with us till 2014, I expect many more free kicks will be scored by him.
  • Options
    Chuffed & will have a very happy 11 year old nephew on our hands. He adores him.
  • Options
    Yay! Some good news to settle down any nervous Lifers.
  • Options
    Johnne , oh Johnnie Jackson ,
    He buys the drinks for me.
  • Options
    Doubtful he'll cut it in the Premier League, clearly a sign that the owners don't think we're going up this season. PANIC

:)
  • Options
    I'm pleased about this , he may / may not be top drawer in this division , i hope he does the bizz , but i am pleased he's staying as it provides continuity and familiarity.
  • Options
    I do wonder about the timing of the announcement. With all the speculation , it does feel a little bit like a deflection.
  • Options
    Well, Jacko has got a pay rise and a 2 year spell of job security.

And SCP said he made sure to keep him, "...because he is our leader in the team".
  • Options
    @Bedsaddick

I doubt they're aware of / bothered by speculation on a fans' forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'JACKSON SIGNING PART OF COVER UP CONSPIRACY SHOCK'

'SEX CHANGE POPE IN MERCY DASH TO BALMORAL'
  • Options

Is that on the OS, Seth ?????

• Options

I knew i was right !
  • Options
    I do wonder about the timing of the announcement. With all the speculation , it does feel a little bit like a deflection.
    spot on Beds !!! It is more interesting what is not said !! I would have expected after 2 months of inactivity in the matket for CP to say - "this is just the start of .....(insert number) of players were are hoping to sign up over the next few weeks" - even adding "but its hard getting deals over the line Blah blah blah, but rest assured we are working night & day to bring the right players in"

BUT NOTHING - the silence is deafening !!!!!!!1
  • Options
    Excellent news. It has to be said, watching the Euros that a lot of the dead ball deliveries are a lot poorer than the ones JJ puts in. The number of times you see overhit corners or free kicks that don't clear the 1st defender is surprising.
  • Options
    30% of goals at Euros
    have been headed so deliveries can't have been that bad.......

• Options

I really like JJ. He seems a great bloke, a good captain, and a vital cog in our promotion. The type of bloke I really enjoy seeing play for Charlton.

But I'm not convinced if we have serious championship ambitions, he would be a first choice on my.teamsheet going forward. for the reasons I set out above, very much hope I'm wrong.

The statement put out by the club today was interesting by its ambiguity. 'jackson pens a contract until 2014' was pretty much the only meat in it. No further details. Whether its improved terms I haven't a clue, but most contracts nowadays have an automatic extension in to be triggered if certain things are met, such as appearances etc. It could well be this has been triggered. As also said, there is no length of the.new contract / extension put forward. I'm guessing a year, but it could well be just a six month addition to his exist June 2013 contract.

If you're a JJ fan, and think he will do the bizz at Champ level, then its good news.
  • Options
    30% of goals at Euros
    have been headed so deliveries can't have been that bad.......

The teams that have the decent dead ball deliveries tends to be the poorer teams who work on their set plays, e.g England, Sweden, Denmark, whereas how many decent free kicks or corners have Spain taken :-) Italy in the early stages were poor, and replied on set plays a lot, e.g. their 2 goals vs Ireland came from corners.

So far there's been 1 direct goal from a free kick (Pirlo), even Ronaldo's free kicks have been poor.
  • Options
    Talk about being negative AFKA, our captain gets a contract extension but due to a few rumours it's the end of the world on here...
  • Options
    edited June 2012