Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flying cars and Hover boards???

Marty Mcfly arrived in the future June 27th 2012, 24 hours later and still there are no flying cars or hover boards in sight???

Yes, I know it was just a film but surely I wasn't the only one who watched it in the 80's and really believed that 'the future' could somewhat resemble that...slightly at least. Slightly disappointed at least Orwell correctly guessed the CCTV. I wonder if in 2540 monogamy and reproduction will be 'savage' as in 'Brave New World'?

Comments

• No he didn't, wrong date.
  • Try again on October 21st 2015! That's the real 'Back to the Future' date. So we still have over 3 years to invent hover boards....
  • Try again on October 21st 2015! That's the real 'Back to the Future' date. So we still have over 3 years to invent hover boards....
    this is 100% correct.

All those that fell for this Internet rumour are fake fans.

Fact!

• Why do people bother with these hoaxs?

• okay I was wrong, hands up!! But 3 years time... It's still very unlikely.
  • All this stuff was actually invented years ago along with everlasting light bulbs and gob-stoppers etc. but the big motor/toy/confectionary corporations have managed to buy off or 'surpress' the inventors and so maintain the status quo. FACT!!
  • Indeed. The proof's there in the film itself. They used them in it.
  • edited June 2012
    S'right, and even more proof, if needed, happened in 1960. At that time my mum ran a wool and fancy goods shop in Meopham, Kent. I was on my way home from school one day when she hauled me off the bus to go the dentist's located next to her shop. I was a bit early and whilst I was hanging around a travelling salesman called to see her. Amongst other things he tried to flog her some 'unbreakable' ashtrays. She wasn't convinced and didn't buy any but he gave me a couple of samples for testing purposes. When I got home, and over the next few weeks they were hit with hammers, chucked against walls, kicked around and generally mis-treated (they were even used for catching ash occassionally). Nothing had any effect on them, no cracks, scratches, marks or anything. I still have them and they are as good as new: I have no idea what they are made off, but whatever it is it certainly lasts. The odd thing is that mum never saw that salesman or even heard from his company ever again, they just ...............disappeared!
  • Definitely from the future -- it was probably that new graphene stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• All this stuff was actually invented years ago along with everlasting light bulbs and gob-stoppers etc. but the big motor/toy/confectionary corporations have managed to buy off or 'surpress' the inventors and so maintain the status quo. FACT!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlE_Tgt8LiA&feature=plcp
  • Will the film be shown on TV on the correct day in 3 years time? I intend to watch it on the day in such a way that I'm watching the scene when they arrive in the future at the exact minute in real time. Yes, I'm rather nerdy when it comes to BTTF.
  • edited June 2012
    Will the film be shown on TV on the correct day in 3 years time? I intend to watch it on the day in such a way that I'm watching the scene when they arrive in the future at the exact minute in real time. Yes, I'm rather nerdy when it comes to BTTF.
    Could be tricky organising a crowd of Native Americans to be charging towards you down your road. ( :-)
  • Will the film be shown on TV on the correct day in 3 years time? I intend to watch it on the day in such a way that I'm watching the scene when they arrive in the future at the exact minute in real time. Yes, I'm rather nerdy when it comes to BTTF.
    Could be tricky organising a crowd of N ative Americans to be charging towards you down yor road. ( :-)
    I'm not talking about re-enacting the film, just watching it at a specific time. I suppose I'd have to take into account the time difference between here and California in order to do it properly.

Besides, the scene you're talking about was in BTTF3, not 2.
  • Sorry, I wasn't being too serious about it but oddly enough my son (JiMMy85: you may recognise the initials) is also a great BTTF man and will probably be doing something similar to yourself.
  • Sold my HoverBoard on e-bay.....
  • It sounds like the time The CIA got in contact about the film producers about the rebreather rodger moore uses in octopussy... Only to be told it wasn't real.

Two dates in BTTF in 2015 were oct 26th and Oct 25th
  • 3 more years and we will have fax machines in every room.

I can't wait!
    Could be tricky organising a crowd of Native Americans to be charging towards you down your road. ( :-)

I might be able to make it...

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012
    How. =(:-)