Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

anyone owned a Disco 3, views?

edited June 2012 in Not Sports Related
a friend was interested in one, and if they had serious issues?

Comments

• No puns allowed!
  • jeez not good reading, but then I guess all cars have issues..
  • Bills can be expensive but I really like mine. It's great in the snow.
    It was described to me as a 4x4 dressed up as a car as opposed to a car dressed up as a car.
  • Mate of mine has just bought a Jeep Cherokee - in his view an equivalent vehicle, but thousands of pounds cheaper.
  • Land rover discovery is ok if you want to buy a vehicle with the appearance of an American fridge freezer complete with ice and water dispenser on 4 wheels.i looked at this last year but thought that the Toyota land cruiser was much better value for money with it's 5 year warranty and all the things that come as standard
  • I have a range rover sport, it's a wonderful car but have had loads of bits go wrong with it including services Ive spent about 5k on it in 4 years
    They are built on the Disco rather than Range Rover chassis aren't they?
  • I bought my year old Disco 3 in April 2009 - so have had it just over three years.

It has been a marvllous bit of kit. 100% reliable, never broken down, goes anywhere, carrys everything including a double bed, holds it's value well and has all the toys on it you could want - including a tv.

The only issue I've had with it is after the last lot of snow the windscreen wipers don't return fully to their 'behind the bonnet' position and LR have suggested I need a replacement bit of electronics costing £200. So I put up with them being about an inch out of place.

Am looking at getting a Disco 4 I've been so impressed.