Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A dolt humour (or Stop The Pun-Ishment)

All these puns are spoiling the forum for me. I used to find them mildly amusing on obviously joke threads (and have contributed a few rubbish ones myself) but it seems that almost every conversation at the moment turns into a pun-a-thon in no time at all...

I've seen others mention that they come on, see a thread (like rumours, rumours etc) have 45+ new posts, get excited and then read it to find it's one bad pun after another. That sort of describes my experience with CL these days!

Is this just because it's summer and we've run out of "which school did you go to"/"was Leaburn good or bad"/"how many of you were genuinely there on 5th Dec 1992" subjects? Is Countdown currently off the air? Or have I lost my sense of humour?

So puns - funny in every thread, or getting tiresome and spoiling the site?

(I hope this isn't a comickaze post, it's just that the number of crappy puns on CL is increasing excrementally)

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I've been guilty myself ....yes you do have a point....though on the rumours thread I think it's done more out of frustration at some of the nonsense on there as much as anything else.
  • They are a good way of ridiculing some threads, such as Phil's dead or the Millwall rumour nonsense.
  • We just need a signing. At least then half of us can moan and half say what an awesome signing it is. Can't make my mind up which I will be yet.
  • it's just a phase, it will pass.

it was bound to happen with us being linked to Yaya Banana and mis-information about Phil Collins' demise.

you can tell most of us bored.
  • Can't say I've ever noticed them.
  • edited June 2012
    Like you said, there isn't much to talk about, unless you want to discuss Banks or join in the political disagreements.
    But I agree, we're all punned out. It'll quieten down next week, when we announce a signing or two.
  • Can't say I've ever noticed them.
  • Sorry, guilty as charged, but just a way of keeping things ticking over during this quiet spell. I agree that some of the puns were/are bananal (couldn't resist one last pun).
  • i've never done it.
  • i've never done it.
    I've done it loads of times. Make sure you stick it in as far as it goes, they love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guilty as well but as Macronate said when we are talking about signing Yaya banana and the second coming of Phil Collins its hard not too.
  • i've never done it.
    I've done it loads of times. Make sure you stick it in as far as it goes, they love it.
    Balls as well?
  • i've never done it.
    must....not........rise.....to......bait
  • Agree with LFE the puns are a bit annoying not to mention unfunny.
  • edited June 2012
    Oh really......mine were hilarious!
  • Isn't because there are too many smartarses ?
  • What's most annoying is if I don't get in quick someone get's in there before me with "my" pun and I spend hours trying to think of a different pun... Then I find that one's been done - it's a vicious circle and means that there's no time left in the day for anything else.
  • Agreed, I bought it up the other day too as its a complete waste of time. Apart from the Phil Collins one as it was deserved on such a thread.

• I've only noticed it in two threads, both were utterly ridiculous and would have disappeared if it wasn't for the puns.
  • I've seen others mention that they come on, see a thread (like rumours, rumours etc) have 45+ new posts, get excited and then read it to find it's one bad pun after another.

lol i know the feeling
  • Sponsored links:

• What next? People moaning about the Would Ya threads?