Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

cardiff rebranding very insightful link (sorry cdnt find the original thread)

Comments

• Blimey, there are some frightening big numbers being quoted here, it does make you wonder where the game will be in 10 years time.

“By 2004 due to the spending of Sam Hammam, we had a total debt of £24,000,000. By 2007 with the Peter Ridsdale effect this had slightly been reduced, but by the time we played Blackpool in the 2010 playoff final the club was effectively bust and close to being wound up by HMRC. At this stage Vincent Tan put £6,000,000 into the club to help deal with short term problems, this did not address any of the long term debts owed to Langston (Sam Hammam) or PMG (Paul Guy).

By 2012, Vincent Tan had put in a total of £35,000,000 to pay off all trade debts. This includes player wages, transfer fees and other running costs, but does not include any of these aforementioned historic debts.
  • Blimey, there are some frightening big numbers being quoted here, it does make you wonder where the game will be in 10 years time.

“By 2004 due to the spending of Sam Hammam, we had a total debt of £24,000,000. By 2007 with the Peter Ridsdale effect this had slightly been reduced, but by the time we played Blackpool in the 2010 playoff final the club was effectively bust and close to being wound up by HMRC. At this stage Vincent Tan put £6,000,000 into the club to help deal with short term problems, this did not address any of the long term debts owed to Langston (Sam Hammam) or PMG (Paul Guy).

By 2012, Vincent Tan had put in a total of £35,000,000 to pay off all trade debts. This includes player wages, transfer fees and other running costs, but does not include any of these aforementioned historic debts.
    Fecking hell, that is serious dough.

I interviewed Tan a few years back in KL when he was involved in a telco, he has money but is nowhere near the Arabs or Russians, I am very surprised he has put that amount of money into Cardiff.

He must have a plan in mind but I am not sure what it is, I suppose it will be to follow the QPR model.
  • £140M invested by Tan in the club that article says. Just cannot see it.