Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon 2012

Tracy Austin is back commentating; that voice. Can't watch it, not with the sound up anyway.

Comments

• Caroline Wozniacki would want to spend a litle more time on her tennis and less time with Rory, same with him, both of them going nowhere and fast.
  • The men's should be good - think Djokovic will win it but rooting for Fed.

Women's tennis is rubbish, but I like that Sharapova.
  • Come on Tim Andy!
  • edited June 2012
    yep, come on murray.

in any other generation he would have multiple Slams

Personally I only enjoy women's tennis (for a few reasons), find the men's kinda dull.

The crowds do make me cringe, laughing at the tiniest/lamest things.
  • yep, come on murray.

Unless it was the McEnroe - Connors - Borg era. Or the Becker - Edberg - Lendl generation. Or the Sampras - Agassi - Rafter epoch, etc etc ...
  • Good to see Heather Watson winning yesterday.

I find the women's more interesting...
  • Good to see Heather Watson winning yesterday.

I find the women's more interesting...
    Or do you mean you find Sharapova more interesting, now that I can well understand.

• Really enjoying this year's Wimbledon. The trumvirate of top male players are all superb in their individual ways. Generally I find the women less exciting to watch as there is a lot of baseline slogging rather than the finesse you get from the men. However I like Serena's attitude and the player I've taken to most this year is Tamira Paszek of Austria. Really gutsy player who knocked out Caroline Wozniacki (I've probably misspelled that) in Round 1.
  • One thing that is beginning to get right on my nerves, though, is the ridiculous slow handclap every time there is a Hawkeye replay when a call has been challenged. What's that all about? I know it's been going on for a while but, seriously, how stupid does it sound?
  • Sponsored links:

• yep, come on murray.

Unless it was the McEnroe - Connors - Borg era. Or the Becker - Edberg - Lendl generation. Or the Sampras - Agassi - Rafter epoch, etc etc ...
    sorry, not my words. i forgot the quotation marks...

Andre Agassi -"in any other generation he would have multiple Slams "

• Johnnie Jacksons mate James Ward giving the wonderfully named Mardy Fish a good game.
  • edited June 2012
    Tim Andy managed to win then.
  • Wow. Wow. WOW.
  • Who had just watched that match? Rosol has just put in the greatest performance I've ever seen
  • That was ubelievable!
  • Sustained brilliance. Exactly
  • Who had just watched that match? Rosol has just put in the greatest performance I've ever seen
    Bless his cotton socks !!!

Chris Solly lookalike......only taller.

• Sponsored links:

Bless his cotton socks !!!

Chris Solly lookalike......only taller.

Sign him up!
  • Performance of a lifetime. Rosol ranked 100 in the world!
    Has created an opportunity for murray to get to the final. I think its now or never for that wimbledon title.
  • I only just saw this because of the footy. We only need Federer and Djokovic to go out now for Murray to have a chance of winning.
  • Flicked over to see the last game. Rosol looked very nervous serving out the last game. He only managed three aces.

Went to Wimbledon on Monday , saw Djokovic , Sharapova and Berdyche , didn't realise Sharapova's arms were so long ... she's a monster!

• Flicked over to see the last game. Rosol looked very nervous serving out the last game. He only managed three aces.
    Amazing tennis: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18638577

So confident and not fazed by the occasion at all.
  • I only just saw this because of the footy. We only need Federer and Djokovic to go out now for Murray to have a chance of winning.
    Chances are one will knock the other out as they are both in the same side of the draw. I'd make djokovic odds on favourite now but it still might be the best chance murray ever gets.

• edited June 2012
    Davydenko, Karlovic and Baghdatis followed by R4: Cilic/Raonic/Querrey, QF: Ferrer/Del Potro/Roddick/Nishikori, SF: Tsonga/Fish, F: Federer/Djokovic is still a pretty damn hard draw.

Of course, with Nadal's omission it's much easier but still, a lot of hard work ahead.
  • surely he can play rosol?
  • Well of course, they'd meet in the semi final if they both get that far.