Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC tattoos

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015

Talal said:

Just don't get tattooed, it's easier all round.

Starting to agree with this. I've got a few and absolutely hate them. Really regret having then done Will be looking in to laser removal in the near future.
    Then you didn't think about too much then. I have 12 and don't regret any of them.
  • Options
    I've genuinely never seen a tattoo and thought "that looks nice". How can you stain your skin. Really grim.
  • Options
    Listen to you.
  • Options
    Got my first one on Friday on my arm. Still getting used to the idea of it being there. Not sure if I like it, but the sentiment behind it is what counts.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Got my first one on Friday on my arm. Still getting used to the idea of it being there. Not sure if I like it, but the sentiment behind it is what counts.

What did you get?
  • Options
    Removal is more painful and still leaves a mark, never get a tattoo unless your 100%
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    WayneK said:

Talal said:

Starting to agree with this. I've got a few and absolutely hate them. Really regret having then done Will be looking in to laser removal in the near future.
    Then you didn't think about too much then. I have 12 and don't regret any of them.
    How do you know I didn't think too much about them? I can assure you at the time I thought it was a good idea and didn't get them done without giving it a lot of thought, but was probably too young. I'm 20 years older and wiser now since having them done. Regret was probably the wrong choice of word, I should have said I dislike a couple of them.

Out of the number I have, a few of them are sentimental ones, so they wil remain.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Talal said:

Let's see 'em.

• Options

Removal is more painful and still leaves a mark, never get a tattoo unless your 100%

Indeed NLA, words of wisdom there. The laser removal is a possibility, I'll see in due course. Maybe a case of new tattoos to cover up existing ones that I'm not keen on. Fortunately the ones I'm talking about are not really ones that are visible.

I was thinking of getting the names of all of our managers / head coaches done, but Roly, being Roly, means I'll have to start using my face for space (:
  • Options
    Listen to you.

WayneK said:

Talal said:

How do you know I didn't think too much about them? I can assure you at the time I thought it was a good idea and didn't get them done without giving it a lot of thought, but was probably too young. I'm 20 years older and wiser now since having them done. Regret was probably the wrong choice of word, I should have said I dislike a couple of them.

Out of the number I have, a few of them are sentimental ones, so they wil remain.
    I'll give you dislike :-;
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I would cover rather than remove, but if they ain't visible then it's only your own mind you need to ease, good luck with your choice, both changes won't be cheap,
  • Options

Personally I would cover rather than remove, but if they ain't visible then it's only your own mind you need to ease, good luck with your choice, both changes won't be cheap,

Think you're right NLA.
  • Options

Not so sure it's that.

I was 100% on getting the Charlton badge on my upper arm.............but the fella pretty much bodged it up, that is the problem.
  • Options

I've genuinely never seen a tattoo and thought "that looks nice". How can you stain your skin. Really grim.

I used to think that but my view has softened slightly. Still have no desire to get inked but do appreciate the level of skill some tattooists have.
  • Options
    Bad choice of studio unfortunately there then, I think the amount of studio's opening really dumbs down the quality, there are some real shockers out there tattooing
  • Options

Bad choice of studio unfortunately there then, I think the amount of studio's opening really dumbs down the quality, there are some real shockers out there tattooing

Was the studio around the corner from The Bear n Ragged Staff in Crayford.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately there are studios opening all over the place and a high percentage are churning out rubbish work. I often see people with absolute garbage on them, its an industry where you really do get what you pay for and patience is a virtue (the best artists all have waiting lists).

You see hoardes of 18-25 year olds hanging around in studios at weekends most will get something small and cheap on impulse and end up with a crap tattoo.

I've been going to the same bloke for around 10 years and I trust him to work free hand.
  • Options
    Is it a new one or been around a while, can your tat be put right or is it too wrong to fix, did you say it too them at the time

I find that the good ones have real long waiting lists and this allows the others to take those who really don't want to wait, if anyone is considering getting a piece done and can wait I'd suggest going to a tattoo convention and there's loads through out the year and seeing first hand who can do what and how long their studios have on their waiting list

If you don't mind travelling for a tattoo then I can really recommend Robs tattoos in Bradford top guy and seriously good, in London I would only visit New Wave muswell hill, I ain't saying every where else is rubbish Far from it, just passing on some sound recommendations of places to trust, the artists are bang on the hygiene first class and the people real sincere and professional

• Options

Is it a new one or been around a while, can your tat be put right or is it too wrong to fix, did you say it too them at the time

I find that the good ones have real long waiting lists and this allows the others to take those who really don't want to wait, if anyone is considering getting a piece done and can wait I'd suggest going to a tattoo convention and there's loads through out the year and seeing first hand who can do what and how long their studios have on their waiting list

If you don't mind travelling for a tattoo then I can really recommend Robs tattoos in Bradford top guy and seriously good, in London I would only visit New Wave muswell hill, I ain't saying every where else is rubbish Far from it, just passing on some sound recommendations of places to trust, the artists are bang on the hygiene first class and the people real sincere and professional

Not new, had it for about ten years.

The 'funny' thing is that when I walked out it was pretty much perfect.

The problem is with the letters and that they shrunk soon after. Various tattoo studios have said the same thing in that the tattoo was too small and they did not allow for shrinkage.

Just as well that I had it on my upper arm and not forearm so not staring at it every day. Otherwise I reckon I would have had amputation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And I would bet they knew that as well when doing the tat just didn't give two shits, which speaks volumes for the morality of the fuka doing the tat, I have seen and heard some horrific stories about tattooists who deliberately fuck tats up because they are pissed off
  • Options

I saw a rare sight the other day, a fat bird without a tattoo

That was me - but my tattoo is hidden from view
  • Options
    Is your arse in tatters? If so, how did it happen? :wink:
  • Options
    Oliver MacIntosh working @ Frith Street Tattoo in Soho is quality (as are all the artists there to be fair), one of the best black & grey for Roses, Skulls, Gypsy Heads, Snakes, Eagles etc. Also Valerie Vargas working in Fulham now (you'll pay a wad) is one of the best colour artists in London, unbelievably crisp stuff.

It really is something you have to have complete trust in your tattoo artist and push money out of the equation, the best tattoo artists don't take forever either, some of the worser ones do and charging by the hour you end up paying more for a 'worse' tattoo.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Is your arse in tatters? If so, how did it happen? :wink:

My arse is indeed in tatters! The stress of watching Charlton is what does it.....
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

shine166 said:

Just been to get that sleeve finished

Looks like a Liberty print - was that the idea - to look like a some retro cushion cover?
    No idea what that means. I paint geometric Art though and that is my influence for the tattoos.
  • Options

I'm off to Berlin next year for a chest piece by chaim machlev, was a 2 year wait for him and I've still not got a concrete date... Just know itl be late 2016
  • Options
    Here is sleeve 1 all finished and healed and also the start of my left arm..

• Options
    shine166 said:

cafcfan said:

shine166 said:

Looks like a Liberty print - was that the idea - to look like a some retro cushion cover?
    No idea what that means. I paint geometric Art though and that is my influence for the tattoos.
    That would explain it. Liberty (the shop) has a huge collection of fabric designs quite a few of which are geometric and used on cushions.

Here's an example:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

shine166 said:

cafcfan said:

shine166 said:

That would explain it. Liberty (the shop) has a huge collection of fabric designs quite a few of which are geometric and used on cushions.

Here's an example:

Ah I know what you mean now, I picked up there NIke collaboration last year