Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 2012/13

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Hi,
I’m collecting some info on this seasons Championship, I was wondering if you guys could let me know the following :
- Your first choice XI
- Who you would point out as the players to watch this season
- Where do you see your team finishing this season?
I will come back in a few weeks to allow for new signings etc.
Cheers.

Comments

• I do wish journalists would do their own research rather than expecting fans on websites to do it for them.

: - )
  • 1. I'll get back to you once we've sorted out our signings.
    2. Chris Solly (RB) and Yann Kermorgant (ST).
    3. Between 10th and 15th.
  • 1. I'll get back to you once we've sorted out our signings.
    2. Chris Solly (RB) and Yann Kermorgant (ST).
    3. Between 10th and 15th.
    Pretty much this. Although I'll go for 14th-19th
  • I do wish journalists would do their own research rather than expecting fans on websites to do it for them.

: - )
    Maybe - but then again we are the first to jump on the back of journalists if they misjudge our performances (eg - FourFourTwo magazine)
  • - Your first choice XI : Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Leon Cort/NEW CB, Wiggins, Green, Hollands, NEW CM, Jackson, Kermorgant, Wright-Phillips

- Who you would point out as the players to watch this season: Rhoys Wiggins and Chris Solly.

- Where do you see your team finishing this season? 6th!
  • I will add more to this thread when we actually sign some people.
  • Yes, the question is a bit premature.
  • 1) We're waiting for Euro 2012 to finish, before we splash the cash and raid Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Hereford United of their best talent
    2) Probably Messi, though I reckon Mario Gomez will take the Championship by storm
    3) Between 1st and 24th
  • We don't want prenature speculation do we?
  • edited June 2012
    We don't want prenature speculation do we?
    Premature speculation?

You can get tablets to sort your problem out, so I've read.

;o)

• Sponsored links:

• 1)Sam Bartram,Billy Bonds,Frank Haydock,Peter Reeves,Phil WarmanColin Powell,Omar Pouso,Peter Hunt,Hugh McAuley,Eddie Firmani and Henrys favourite Hans Jepson.
    2)Hans Jepson and Eddie Firmani.
    3)Winning the League.
  • Hugh McAuley ......blimey, remember him.

Arsenal and Newcastle had Super Mac.
    We had Plastic Mac.
  • Yann Kermorgant is the one to watch for this season. The Championship will laugh at first, then they will soon find out what they're up against.

The most dominant battering ram in
    the Football League.
  • Ben Hamer will have a blinding season. You heard it here 1st.
  • It's going to be a struggle
  • We will finish.... 12th

Yann and Solly keep your eye on these lads..

That is all for now.
  • edited June 2012
    As it stands (because we haven't signed anyone yet):

Goalkeeper: Ben Hamer

LB: Rhoys Wiggins <--- Watch out for him

CB: Leon Cort

CB: Michael Morrison <--- Watch out for him

RB: Chris Solly <--- Watch out for him

ML: Johnnie Jackson <--- Watch out for him (cheers spurs by the way)

MLC: Danny Hollands

MLR: Dale Stephens

MR: Scott Wagstaff

AMC: Yann Kermorgant <--- Watch out for him

ST: Bradley Wright-Phillips <--- Maybe watch out for him...

Subs:
    John Sullivan
    Matt Taylor
    Bradley Pritchard <--- Potential great player
    Danny Green
    Danny Haynes <--- If he gets enough games could get 20+ goals

I'd happily have this with Kermorgant playing behind BWP. Worked like a charm last year.

Reckon we'll finish 8th-13th
  • that midfield would get slaughtered
  • @Mike

As it stands yeah haha we need a couple of centre mids
  • Hollands and Stephens won't make it next year in my opinion. Definitely not Danny Green...
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Hollands might handle the step up. Not sure on the other three. Love Jacko and I'd start him come August to give him a shot as he's a hero but a bit worried he might be a bit slow for the league, hopefully not.
  • Jacko is a definite for me. I'd rather have Waggy than Green but if we could get a new right winger or even buy N'Guessan I'll be happy
  • - Your first choice XI

Hamer, Solly, Wiggins, Cort, Morrison, *new rm*, Jackson, Stephens, *new cm*, kermorgant, *new st*

- Who you would point out as the players to watch this season

Solly, maybe Wiggins

- Where do you see your team finishing this season?

Play-offs (hopefully)
  • think Green is going to have a storming season myself
  • think Green is going to have a storming season myself
    well i have that feeling too. i really do think that when players have a good level of technical ability - and then play at a higher level - they become better players, as they have 'found' there level if you like and they are also playing with players of a similar level.

thats why i can see likes of solly, wiggins, stephens and maybe pritchard and green really flourishing.
  • Green over Waggy all day long for me.

I know he tries hard, but i dont see any real quality in Wagstaff at all. Often can be very ineffective, with a poor footballing brain.
    If you're playing a winger who can't cross, then what exactly is his role?
  • Waggy is a good finisher though... I'd be training him now as a pacey striker.
  • My players to watch next season are: Hamer, Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Hollands, Prictchard, Green, kermogant, Haynes and BWP. That is why I think we will have a good season!
  • I think Stephens will thrive in the championship, hes a really cultured player and with more time than he had at league 1 he will excel
  • I think Stephens will thrive in the championship, hes a really cultured player and with more time than he had at league 1 he will excel
    Quite possibly - I didn't include him. That is why I don't think we need to bring so many in - so many of our players could be classed ones to watch. What we do bring in has to be high quality - just one or two but the right one or two.