Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship League Salary question?

Not sure if there's another thread on this....but can anyone tell me what the average wage was in the Championship league last season.

Comments

• from last year. date oct 2011.

Average Premier League wages have reached £22,353 a week - before lucrative bonuses - or £1.16million a year.
    Average Championship earnings are £4,059 a week (£211,068 a year), less than a fifth of players one division above.
    In the bottom division, League Two, their weekly pay of £747 is not much more than the national average.
    League Two earnings are also 30 times
    smaller than those in the Premier League.
  • Thanks KB.
  • £747 is not much more than the national average

It's one and a half times the national average actually.
  • all figures are from our friends at the daily mail.
  • from last year. date oct 2011.

Average Premier League wages have reached £22,353 a week - before lucrative bonuses - or £1.16million a year.
    Average Championship earnings are £4,059 a week (£211,068 a year), less than a fifth of players one division above.
    In the bottom division, League Two, their weekly pay of £747 is not much more than the national average.
    League Two earnings are also 30 times
    smaller than those in the Premier League.
    It explains why most players would rather be an almost non-playing squad member of a Premiership team than playing week in week out in the Championship.
  • I would have thought that an average championship wage being more like 6-8k per week.
  • edited June 2012
    I would have thought that an average championship wage being more like 6-8k per week.
    So are you saying that the figures given For The Championship league Div1 are wrong then and that they are 50% + inacurate....so that would surely mean the Prem salaries quoted could also be 50% out and the 2nd division as well?

• I would have thought that an average championship wage being more like 6-8k per week.
    Only if your name is Racon, Semedo, Moutouakil, Youga or Christensen and your manager's name is Pardew....
    It must include the entire squad. £6-8k sounds right for an average first team player.

• edited June 2012
    I would have thought that an average championship wage being more like 6-8k per week.
    Only if your name is Racon, Semedo, Moutouakil, Youga or Christensen and your manager's name is Pardew....
    I wonder how much Racon has got paid per game at Millwall? :-0)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if they've dropped in the last few years (although Prem wages still rising). Only guessing mind you.
  • The average (mean) will be hugely inflated by the wages still being paid on Prem contracts. I suspect that the median (half of players above and half below) and mode (the commonest figure, I think) will be somewhat lower than the numbers quoted.
  • Mark MaCammon has just said that he signed a contract in 2008 for £2,500 a week - admittedly he said he was the highest paid player at the Gills, but they were/are a League 2 side !!