Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England's 5th penalty taker

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but have they said who would have taken the 5th penalty?

Comments

• i thought we did take 5 ?
  • The Mail yesterday said it was Walcott
  • Ashley from Coronations Street
    Lost 4-2 and missed 2. They took first.
    your right. didnt even cross my mind we only took four.
  • Joe Hart was interviewed on Radio Five Live before the match and apparently he was down to take one. He scored for England in a penalty shootout for the U21s against Sweden in 2009.
  • I think Joe Hart would have been in line for it. And in truth, I would actually feel comfortable with him taking one ahead of one of the outfield players. Looked very assured when he took one for the U21s.
    your right. didnt even cross my mind we only took four.
    Tbf, When they started celebrating after they scored there 5th I thought we had to go again. I was sitting there thinking we still had a chance to pull it back. Lost count myself.
  • Talksport yesterday (K&G) said it was to be Walcott. Apparently Terry was down as 9th taker!
  • Terry would have been too busy slipping into his Italy kit.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would have wanted Gerrard, Rooney, Carroll, Lescott and Hart to take them instead of Young and Cole
  • Why Lescott?
    Has he taken them before?
  • edited June 2012
    Ashley Cole was right to be picked to take a pen. Unfortunately it looked like he was caught in 2 minds
  • edited June 2012
    said it so many times, Ashley Coles penaltys for England and Chelsea before sunday night have been top drawer.
  • Terry would have been too busy slipping into his Italy kit.
    LOL - superb!
  • certainly wouldn't have let Carroll have one
  • no wonder we lost if we only took 4 pens to their 5 !!! I demand a replay !!
    You say that, but what a lot of people forget is that Carroll has an absolute thunderbolt of a left foot on him when he decides to use it.
  • It was a "thunderbolt" ala Ashley Young that started it all
    You say that, but what a lot of people forget is that Carroll has an absolute thunderbolt of a left foot on him when he decides to use it.
    so do I, doesn't mean I'd get a pen though.

he has very little footballing ability IMO, he's a big lump and pretty decent in the air and that's it, should be nowhere near the England first 11

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2012
    Ashley Cole was right to be picked to take a pen. Unfortunately it looked like he was caught in 2 minds
    i agree..
    if young had scored his, then coles woulda probably been one of the best of the lot, straight in the top corner, hes normally a good penalty taker, but he knew he had to score so pressure was on! he used to play striker before being converted to a full back and his finishing is top drawer for a defender according to a lot of fellow players