Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Anyone know when peaky blinders is back?
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Anybody else watch the new one on BBC tonight? Trust Me
    Half way through I was thinking this ain't very good but the last 5-10 minutes it picked up. Looking forward to next week now but feel glad it's only a 4 parter not 6/8

It was entertaining but (as above) you have to suspend disbelief, like, (amongst other things) how is she getting paid?
    She took the identity of the female doctor friend who emigrated to New Zealand.
    Yes, I realised - that's pretty much the entire point of the show!

My question is how would she be paid ? What bank account details could she provide ?
    You could provide any bank details to an employer to pay your salary.
    The name isn't checked at the bank, the funds are simply credited to the sort code and account number.

If you wanted to send me a payment (I don't mind) and I gave you my s/c & a/c no, you could put my name down as Mickey Mouse and it wouldn't matter, unless there was a reason to check the payment. Such as a first payment for a large amount.

It's the same with cheques, payees aren't looked at unless the cheque is over a certain amount (ok who uses cheques).

( I worked in banks for 30 years).
    Oh really? Always assumed the account name had to match the payee name.

That solves that mystery !
  • Did anyone see Eden, Paradise Lost last week ?? Just shows that there are a load of people out there that you wouldn't want to spend an evening week, let alone a whole year !! Felt sorry for the Boatbuilder & his mate who were voted to leave, only for the remainers to want 1st dibs on their accommodation. The irony of it was lost on the girls & I would habe done the same by burning it all down.
  • and of course the fake doctor will soon be the REAL Doctor .. doctor who ?
  • agim said:

Anyone know when peaky blinders is back?

October
  • Did anyone see Eden, Paradise Lost last week ?? Just shows that there are a load of people out there that you wouldn't want to spend an evening week, let alone a whole year !! Felt sorry for the Boatbuilder & his mate who were voted to leave, only for the remainers to want 1st dibs on their accommodation. The irony of it was lost on the girls & I would habe done the same by burning it all down.

There were some right arse holes on there
  • jhstctried to watch the first episode of Ill Behaviour on iPlayer. Lasted 20 mins. Tosh.
  • edited August 2017
    New series of Ray Donovan started last night......it's already on shaky ground for me.

I loved it when it first came on but the last couple of seasons have got more ridiculous.....and last night's carried in in the same vein.

It's got 2 weeks to redeem itself.
  • Just watching the pilot for Mr. Mercedes, looks interesting. Have not read the books myself.
  • Not new but I watched the first episode of Warehouse 13. X-Files-lite but good chemistry between the two leads and quite a bit of humour in the script.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Glovepup said:

Just watching the pilot for Mr. Mercedes, looks interesting. Have not read the books myself.

I've read all three books. They are really good. The first (Mr Mercedes) is definitely the weakest.

I'm looking forward to this being released on a normal channel.
  • Rick and Morty is getting better and better.

Started to watch American Gods last night, it was so weird I had to turn it off after 40mins or so.
  • 'Inspector Montelbano' returns on BBC 4 .. amusing and clever series with some of the best looking scenery and women on the box

Started to watch American Gods last night, it was so weird I had to turn it off after 40mins or so.

Pickle Rick!!! - Love Rick and Morty, shame it's a shorter series this time round.
  • This Sunday 27/8 the BBC start 'The Cuckoo's Calling' dramatization on the telly .. it's taken from a terrif book by Robert Galbraith (a k a J K Rowling), the first of a series of three with the same protagonists .. just hope the adaptation lives up to the book
  • edited August 2017

New series of Ray Donovan started last night......it's already on shaky ground for me.

I loved it when it first came on but the last couple of seasons have got more ridiculous.....and last night's carried in in the same vein.

It's got 2 weeks to redeem itself.

Agreed. Have seen every episode, but think they should have called it a day at the end of season 3.
  • People Just do Nothing S4 just started on iPlayer
  • Just checking on next series of some good Scandi series

Looks like "Occupied", the Jo Nesbo scripted Norwegian drama will run there in the autumn

The Bridge series 4 is set to run in Scandi beginning of Jan. "No international release date" :-( and is the final series :-(

Now what about the French, especially Spiral ?

Looks like "Occupied", the Jo Nesbo scripted Norwegian drama will run there in the autumn

The Bridge series 4 is set to run in Scandi beginning of Jan. "No international release date" :-( and is the final series :-(

Have you tried the Swedish detective show "Beck" yet? It is really very good & gets better as it goes along. Available on Apple TV & iTunes.
  • Also try one called "Modus". Based on books by the Norwegian crime author Anne Holt the TV show is relocated from Oslo to Stockholm but is still very well done & is a good watch.
  • Sponsored links:

Have you tried the Swedish detective show "Beck" yet? It is really very good & gets better as it goes along. Available on Apple TV & iTunes.
    Yes I do like "Beck" although I thought it was a huge shame that they killed off his big sidekick. I had thought the dynamic between them was supposed to be central to the series. I had watched it on BBC4, will check if I missed a later series.

I have to remind myself which one is Modus, definitely watched it, but don't recall taking to it as much as the others.
  • So "Spiral" series 6 is in the can, but no definite release date even in France, just "2017" so I reckon New year for BBC4

"The Bureau" is a superb French Le Carre style modern spy series, and series 3 of that ran in France from May. Very surprised the BBC never picked this up but I got Series 2 from iTunes.

"Spin" won't return. I still need to get through all of "Braquo" but I find it a bit grim. They have shot a second series of "Witnesses" which was OK, but exceptional mainly for the scenery of the northern coastal town where it is set. Kind of a French Ramsgate.

Has anyone tried either "Marseille" or "les Barons" ?
  • Looking forward to Electric Dreams on Ch4 next month then Amazon next year.
    10 eps of Philip K Dick short stories. 5 made in London, 5 in Chicago.

Executive producers Michael Dinner (Rooney McP Productions); Isa Dick Hackett, Kalen Egan, Christopher Tricarico (Electric Shepherd Productions); David Kanter, Matt DeRoss (Anonymous Content); Ronald D Moore,
    Maril Davis (Tall Ship Productions); Bryan Cranston, James Degus (Moonshot Entertainment); Lila Rawlings, Marigo
    Kehoe (Left Bank Pictures); Don Kurt, Kate DiMento (Sony Pictures Television)

Directors Marc Munden; Tom Harper; David Farr; Francesca Gregorini; Michael Dinner; Jeffrey Reiner; Julian Jarrold; Dee Rees; Peter Horton; Alan Taylor

Writers Tony Grisoni; Jack Thorne; David Farr; Jessica Mecklenburg; Michael Dinner; Ronald D Moore; Matthew Graham; Dee Rees; Travis Beacham; Kalen Egan

• edited August 2017
    Just caught 1st episode of Professor T. Apologies but it's Belgian, but who said they don't have a sense of humour. Very quirky. 2nd on Friday.
  • edited August 2017
    Not a series, and may have already been mentioned, but this is well worth a watch. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b092s5vv/storyville-silk-road-drugs-death-and-the-dark-web
  • Not a series, and mate have already been mentioned but this is well worth a watch. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b092s5vv/storyville-silk-road-drugs-death-and-the-dark-web

Second that. Was really interesting story and very well presented.
  • so what did everyone think?? #GBBO
  • Slightly disappointed with the ending of Trust Me, though it had been compelling wondering which way it would go.
    Really enjoying Strike so far.